Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated February 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 18 reviews)

"Great work environment, and earning opportunity"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great fit, and very little micromanaging takes place. You must be very self motivated and self reliant. There are a ton of resources here, but you have to ask for help if you need it. They are very big on knowledge transfer here. I have vets ask me for my opinion almost as often as I ask for theirs. The money is there if you can master the multi-tasking required to balance a large work load. The commission is not immediately available but they do offer plenty of bonus opportunity for your first 18 months to help get you through to that draw.

Cons

They could be more clear on a few things here. It is pretty common to find someone that doesn't completely understand how they get paid. It likely has a bit to do with the fact that this is a first time job for many recent grads. But it also has a bit to do with there not being much emphasis in training or hiring on explaining the draw and how to earn commission. Again, if you want to know something, you need to ask.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new and exciting ways to motivate your reps, and helping them to grow.

"A place for college kids not adults with lives and families"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yearly raises, bi-annual bonuses, relaxed dress code, 2 company sponsored functions, ok health care plan, 401k matching, ok location, free shuttle to/from train stations, the company itself has good intentions but the ball is dropped, burned and eviscerated by management

Cons

Managed Trans dept - High turnover, extremely micromanaged, no overtime, rampant favoritism, good ol' boys and girls club, no regard for work/life balance, frat culture, not a place for a single parent, no career path and extremely difficult to transition to other rolls. Some mangers routinely "create" new "policies" that take away the company incentives that attract people i.e. a flexible schedule, a lot of criticism but very little support. Also very very little cultural diversity in management for a company this size.

Advice to Management

You will continue to lose good hard working people if the management is 1. Not held to the same standards and rules as every other employee 2. Accountable to a checks and balance system so they can't railroad people 3. Adjust the group thought mentality that everyone here is fresh out of college with no other skills, experiences and responsibilities.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We do our best to ensure that our employees have equal opportunity to move up and grow their career by providing transfer opportunities as well as ... More

3. "Lots of work and stress, little reward"

Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back dress code and environment, I like my manager, good pop up lunches that come in the office, free beer on Friday afternoons.

Cons

Very high barriers to making any kind of decent money, very low visibility when prospecting new leads, very high stress not only with the constant pressure to find new customers but dealing with constant issues from lack of support from the company. I'm supposed to be in sales but I find myself doing AR on a daily basis! Echo has the potential to be great but as a public company they put shareholder value before customer and employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics and focus on pleasing your customers and employees first and profitability will follow.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review! We do understand that Logistics may not be the most “glamorous” industry, which is why we have cultivated a culture where our employees enjoy being at work each day! With the ... More

5. "client sales"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

good environment and flexible schedule

Cons

lots of empty promises on assistance

Advice to Management

higher commission percentages for sales reps

6. "The worst in town entire Sacramento/Portland Oregon office"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Lets see twenty word minimum. Hours extremely relaxed. it has benefits 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Great new office.

Cons

If you are not not part of the crowd you will be fired. No matter the numbers. If you are not somehow connected to a certain organization outside of work or not a family member, You will not make it in Portland. Commission is a joke.

Advice to Management

Break up the old boys club and you might not lose so much money. Recognize when someone is struggling and get off your butt and help them. Don't just "sit them in a corner and watch them fail". Actually was said in a meeting by a new manager. HA

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the feedback. We try our best to make sure our branch locations receive the same TLC that our employees receive in Chicago HQ. I am concerned about the negative experience you are ... More

"Sr. Client Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Awesome culture, good values, great company to be at.

Cons

The cons I have are more of the industry itself than the company, Echo is a an excellent company to work for.

8. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office culture -- really cool location downtown -- fun activities and incentives -- great people to work with

Cons

Not being at HQ is hard -- structure is bizarre -- little to none upward mobility

"Don't bother"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity for advancement and a chance to make some money right out of school. Friendly coworkers and camaraderie from your peers(not including direct managers).

Cons

They lie to you about the commission plans when you come on board, then drop the ball on you when you finish training that you won't be getting anything past your salary for at least a year (unless you're lucky). See, their version of a "draw" is where you get paid 14-17%(I don't really know because they kept dropping it every few months to pay us less) your book of business' PROFIT must cover your base salary before you start receiving any commissions. In other words, if you're not making the company at least 15K(profit, not revenue) per month, you'll be under 40K in salary until you do or they fire you. Micro-management is a whole new ball game at this place. They monitor your sales calls while you're on them without telling you. Maybe things have changed as virtually all management from my time there is long gone, but talk to somebody from the branch before you come on board or you're setting yourself up for complete failure. You're best to not even apply.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and support your whole team.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry that you had such a negative experience while working for Echo. We have made tremendous strides over the past few years, and continue ... More

10. "Carrier Sales"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome atmosphere, especially right out of college
    - Great Benefit Package
    - Very Cool office, startup feel
    - Barista on site
    - Commissions can be HUGE
    - top reps get free trips

Cons

- Commissions are a little vague when you first get hired
    - About a year of no commission before you start hitting minimums
    - Long hours of calls calls calls

11. "Claim Analyst"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, good Management Team, good Company to work for.

Cons

Negative comments would be simply the nature of the job, not the Company -claims are generally a negative, stressful environment in general since you are dealing with something that 'went wrong'. The work load can be somewhat unmanageable at times.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the positive note! We truly appreciate all of your hard work.