Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated March 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 19 reviews)

"Awful"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am positive things are different at the corporate location. Employees seem properly trained there, and often post pics on social websites of the fun things they do there.

Cons

I'm not at corporate. I'm at a satellite site that corporate has never visited. I've been here for years, and had no clue who my HR rep is. After reaching out to corporate for 2 weeks straight, I received a phone call from our HR partner. Despite being told of things that could potentially leave my manager with a misdemeanor, HR still has not made an appearance to our location. We have witnessed top performing sales reps get fired or walk away from our location. HR'S reaponse is that they work for the manager.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. All of them. You could be missing toxic situations. I used to love working for Echo, but have lost faith.

Feb 14, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and want you to know our HR team is here to support all employees across all levels and branches. We realize there are differences between ... More

2. "Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really aren't many great reasons to work at this place. They fool you into thinking it's so "cool" but they offer no room for advancement or really any sort of growth opportunity. They try to sell you on the office space and beer Fridays when really they should be selling you on a great career... but they can't because there's no such thing.

Cons

This place is a joke. If you have a chance, steer clear! They admit to underpaying people because they strongly believe that their culture "makes up for it".

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Echo. We do believe that our culture is an excellent reason to join our company, but we offer so much more. Over the past few years we ... More

"A place for college kids not adults with lives and families"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yearly raises, bi-annual bonuses, relaxed dress code, 2 company sponsored functions, ok health care plan, 401k matching, ok location, free shuttle to/from train stations, the company itself has good intentions but the ball is dropped, burned and eviscerated by management

Cons

Managed Trans dept - High turnover, extremely micromanaged, no overtime, rampant favoritism, good ol' boys and girls club, no regard for work/life balance, frat culture, not a place for a single parent, no career path and extremely difficult to transition to other rolls. Some mangers routinely "create" new "policies" that take away the company incentives that attract people i.e. a flexible schedule, a lot of criticism but very little support. Also very very little cultural diversity in management for a company this size.

Advice to Management

You will continue to lose good hard working people if the management is 1. Not held to the same standards and rules as every other employee 2. Accountable to a checks and balance system so they can't railroad people 3. Adjust the group thought mentality that everyone here is fresh out of college with no other skills, experiences and responsibilities.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We do our best to ensure that our employees have equal opportunity to move up and grow their career by providing transfer opportunities as well as ... More

5. "Lots of work and stress, little reward"

Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back dress code and environment, I like my manager, good pop up lunches that come in the office, free beer on Friday afternoons.

Cons

Very high barriers to making any kind of decent money, very low visibility when prospecting new leads, very high stress not only with the constant pressure to find new customers but dealing with constant issues from lack of support from the company. I'm supposed to be in sales but I find myself doing AR on a daily basis! Echo has the potential to be great but as a public company they put shareholder value before customer and employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics and focus on pleasing your customers and employees first and profitability will follow.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review! We do understand that Logistics may not be the most “glamorous” industry, which is why we have cultivated a culture where our employees enjoy being at work each day! With the ... More

6. "client sales"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

good environment and flexible schedule

Cons

lots of empty promises on assistance

Advice to Management

higher commission percentages for sales reps

"Sr. Client Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Awesome culture, good values, great company to be at.

Cons

The cons I have are more of the industry itself than the company, Echo is a an excellent company to work for.

8. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office culture -- really cool location downtown -- fun activities and incentives -- great people to work with

Cons

Not being at HQ is hard -- structure is bizarre -- little to none upward mobility

9. "Claim Analyst"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, good Management Team, good Company to work for.

Cons

Negative comments would be simply the nature of the job, not the Company -claims are generally a negative, stressful environment in general since you are dealing with something that 'went wrong'. The work load can be somewhat unmanageable at times.

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the positive note! We truly appreciate all of your hard work.

10. "National Accounts Manager"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Office, culture, people and benefits. The work is fun and fast-paced and can be very lucrative when you have established yourself within the company and industry. Recent merger was handled very well and he subsequent integration has gone about as well as one could expect. I feel very confident that he company has established itself to be a top company within an industry that is currently seeing a tremendous amount of consolidation among its major players.

Cons

Hours can be tough and it is hard to initially build ones portfolio. I've been very happy with my experience, but success can vary greatly upon which side of the business you choose and which team you get placed with.

Advice to Management

Better inter-office communication, and some slight twerking of current software. But keep doing what you have been doing which has been blending the best parts of both Command and Echo while becoming one company.

11. "Carrier Sales"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome atmosphere, especially right out of college
    - Great Benefit Package
    - Very Cool office, startup feel
    - Barista on site
    - Commissions can be HUGE
    - top reps get free trips

Cons

- Commissions are a little vague when you first get hired
    - About a year of no commission before you start hitting minimums
    - Long hours of calls calls calls