Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated October 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really enjoy the fun, yet collaborative work environment (in 49 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 28 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

"Great opportunity, hard work, can be frustrating at times."

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. Most people are fairly young and hungry for success. Management is very helpful. They hand out beer on Fridays at the office.

Cons

Cold calling, sometimes things that are out of your control can temporarily limit your opportunities, there are a ton of employees so one on one help isn't always available, salary is better than most sales jobs but still not great until you make commission.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Great!"

Pros

Very nice atmosphere, great place to work, great people to work with. The office is in long beach which is also a nice plus. I would suggest working here to a friend.

Cons

There are not many cons for working at this job. The biggest con is the hours but most days you can get out early. I dont think there are a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

3. "Great Culture, Support, and Opportunity in the Dallas Branch"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is competitive and fast-paced, but there is a lot of support. Management is open to experimenting with new ideas and going after different opportunities than they are historically used to. Folks in the branch are friendly and helpful for people new to the company. The Dallas branch does a lot of celebrating - celebrating wins, birthdays, milestones, promotions, etc. The company is growing quickly and there are some growing pains associated with that, but upper management has done a lot to make those changes as seemless as possible. Having come over from another brokerage in Dallas, and knowing a dozen others at other brokerages in Dallas, Echo's way ahead of the competition in a number of really important ways.

Cons

Being in downtown, it's a bit of a drive for anyone living in the suburbs - but the surroundings are still great. Freight brokerage is difficult, and building a book of business is not easy. It's a lot about confidence and your ability to adapt and stay calm for the roller coaster. But Echo does a lot to help reps manage that too.

Advice to Management

Perhaps hire/train up more folks in Business Development who can help sell enterprise-level Managed Transportation solutions. There is a bottleneck in that process currently.

"Great Environment! Really Enjoy Coming In To Work"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture here is one of a kind. I can truely say that I enjoy coming to work every day. The open desk atmosphere makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. My team is always collaborating together and boucning ideas off of eachother, which I love.

Echo is always coming up with new ways to improve and you can really see the excitement throughout the departments.

Cons

Making the dials can get tough at times but my supervisor is always available for support and assistance. It is very clear that hard work pays off and you do see results. Plus, who doesn't love extra money on those paychecks!

Jan 13, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you very much for your great review of Echo. We're really glad that you are enjoying your time here and find the work to be challenging and rewarding.

5. "Hard Work Pays Off!"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Echo offers a truly great service and is very competitive in the industry. That being said, the more calls that you make in a day leads to closing more business which ultimately leads to more money - typical of any sales role, but Echo's service is competitive and continually sought after.

Cons

Getting used to the amount of calls that are required in order to succeed here. Gotta get your foot in the door and cold calling is the way to do it. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature and you see the monetary benefits!

Jan 13, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for living our core values. It is clear you are self-motivated (“Bring Your Own…”) and give your best effort at work (“Work Hard and Hustle”).

6. "A fun place to work with good people"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and the people. Many days, it doesn't feel like going to work because the people here become more than coworkers, they become friends.

The company and employees care about your success and want you to do well. The space isn't stuffy, due to not having any cubicles and managers nearby for assistance. This all in itself is a big plus for me!

Cons

Salaries could be higher, but with hardwork and time, the rewards payoff.

Advice to Management

Continue at being a coach and fostering success in each employee.

Feb 16, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are fortunate to have such great employees who help us improve daily. One of the big initiatives for 2015 is to promote more open communication... More

7. "Customer Service"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Some of the best LTL technology available. Excellent people to work with, and offices all around the United States.

Cons

People in trucking aren't always the most professional. Hard to get straight answers sometimes. Staring at computer screens isn't a good all day activity.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is continue to grow the operations and make it easier for customers and employees to navigate the software.

8. "Client Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great environment and great people. It is a sales job and your success is up to you, but everyone around is more than willing to help push through and succeed. It is a very dynamic job that gives you more than just one product at one price. If you can stick it out and are willing to work hard, there is a ton of opportunity, both financial and personal.. Echo is also a very highly ranked company that gives a lot more resources than the competition. They have a great training program as well to get you started.

Cons

It is a sales job. You will be cold calling a lot and it is hard to always find motivation. The logistics industry is very competitive as well so you will be getting a lot of no's and will get hung up on. It is not for everyone but it is a great job whether you are right out of college or have prior work experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to your reps to see how they are doing and what is going on in their head. The job is tough and not everyone has the skin for it. Be sure you are leading them to other people and resources that they may not think to look at if they are struggling.

Jun 5, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks so much for the constructive feedback. It’s true- sales is a challenging job anywhere and we strive to provide as much support to our Sales Reps as possible. I encourage you to talk to your... More

9. "Company Overview"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, in-depth training sessions each month, post-work company activities, teamwork, motivation

Cons

Gets repetitive, not aware of career opportunities in other parts of the company

Jun 3, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks so much for your review! Keep an eye on the Talent Pulse, our company newsletter, for weekly updates of all open positions throughout the company. Feel free to reach out to recruiting@echo.com... More

10. "Small office feel with the power of a corporation"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and Benefits.
    Flexibility and room to nurture and grow as a consultant. Not your average sales job. No get it get it get it get it. This is really the only job that you are creating and running your own business. I have the unique ability to stumble and fall and not lose my house. The best job I have ever had. Lots of support everywhere.

Cons

Getting started, finding that first client. It is a lot of phone work.

Advice to Management

Any advice I would give would be trite and made up. So no, no advice. They know what they are doing.

Jun 3, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful review. Great to hear that you are enjoying your work in our growing Portland office!