Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated September 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 48 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 28 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

1. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Echo is one of my favorite companies I have worked for. The company has a great work culture, open communication, strong leaders and great talent. Echo fully supports my professional growth and I would highly recommend the company. The company also offers competitive pay especially within the sales organization .

Cons

So far since I have started there has not been any cons working here

Jul 26, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We strive to make each employee feel valued at Echo, and are happy you feel the same!

"Long hours, low pay, zero incentives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They claim to have a great culture. Don't fall for it. Zero job growth with long hours (7am to 5pm each day with 24hr email expectations) at zero overtime.

Cons

Where to start? Long days with low commissions. Rat race that feels like s real salary is always just out of reach. Absolutely no career growth, treat employees who've been around for a long time with no incentives to stay. No overtime pay and management won't pay you out the commissions you worked for.

Advice to Management

Pay overtime or stop making employees work 7-5. Lawsuit on hours waiting to happen.

Jul 26, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

The logistics industry can be grueling – long hours are inevitable, and we are upfront about this in the hiring process, as well as what the earning potential is in Sales. We are sorry that you are... More

3. "Client Sales Executive"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Very fun work environment
    Good camaraderie among employees

Cons

Tough industry as it is very saturated
    Not as competitive with prices as they claim

Advice to Management

reevaluate pricing with carriers

4. "echo global"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great learning experience, good first job

Cons

little room for growth, cold calling all day

Advice to Management

needs better communication, expectations are not always clear

5. "Client Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great here can't beat it. Everyone is willing to help each other here we all have one goal and that is to succeed and help everyone out.

Cons

Have not found one con in this company yet.

6. "Client Solutions Representative"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training provided at Echo is awesome, I felt prepared before I hit the floor and knew what was I talking about. I did not have a background in logistics, but the month of training helped me to understand the ins and outs of the industry. The people are probably one of the best things about this job! One week in to the job and I had already made so many new friends that are easy to work with and fun to be around. Echo does its best to make everyone here happy. Not only in our everyday work lives, but outside of work as well. They encourage us to volunteer and stay active, and host events through out the year to thank everyone for their hard work. Overall I am so happy to have found this company!

Cons

Logistics industry is a tough industry to be in

Jul 11, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy that you are enjoying your Echo experience thus far! Awesome call out about the training program. Our trainers truly enjoy what they do, and want to make sure you feel ready to hit the... More

7. "Client Solutions Rep"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great culture, great place to work right out of college

Cons

Not for those who do not like to work hard

8. "Great experience!"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Echo global has been a great experience thus far! It is an exciting atmosphere everyday and everyone is full of energy. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.

Cons

I dont get to stay longer, I really wish I could stay 50- 60 hours because it is such a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular, I enjoy my management team. Maybe more free food.

9. "Inside Sales Manager"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Echo is a top notch 3Pl that goes above and beyond to help their clients, employees, and partners feel welcome and important. It is a pleasure to be here. The atmosphere and culture at this company are the perfect recipe for success.

Cons

At this point I cannot see any.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

"Horrible company, very deceiving."

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is among the best you can find in a proffessional office setting but that is the only positive aspect of working for this company.

Cons

I have been working full time at Echo global logistics for 2 years. The company higher ups are among the shadiest business proffessionals you will ever come across in your job search. They do not value or care about their employees whatsoever and simply rely on the alarming turnover rate of employees to keep bodies coming in just as quickly as they are walking out the door.

The avg. starting base salary is always changing in a growing industry such as the logistics industry and certainly has since I started with the company 2 years ago. New hires are now being offered 8k-10k more to start than I was when I started with the company. After working hard for 2 years and making the company a good amount of money but falling just short of their extremely challenging requirements to make any sort of commission month after month I approached management and asked if they were willing to up my base salary to just match what the new hires were getting and was told simply no. They stated it was unfortunately my problem that I started with the compamy when I did and that they are not entitled to have to give anything more since I signed the contract even after showing great work ethic for 2 years. I was told it costs them 80k a year just to keep my body in the seat and the less they have to pay you the happier they are regardless of how much income and profit you bring to the company.

The commission structure is a rat race. It is designed for you to fall just short every month but keeps the rat running and chasing the wheel.

Working 60+ hours a week is draining physically and mentally, which is fine. However when you get home at night and you are so mentally drained that you can barely communicate with your family or friends and think about the fact that you didnt make any more money that day than an hourly minimum wage employee at the local mcdonalds its frustrating. (At least mcdondals pays overtime)

Another huge con about the company is that unless you are willing to play in the thursday night softball league and go out with the team until 3-4am afterward to a local bar dont expect to be allowed to work on any of the good accounts that actually gives you a chance hit the ridiculously high commission requirements. In other words the "good ol boys club" are the ones that get taken care of not the hard worker who chooses not to be a degenerate.

Advice to Management

None they do not care about opinions. The only thing management and the corporate higher ups care about are themselves.

Jul 19, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

The logistics industry is tough – it is competitive, fast paced and constantly evolving. The hours can be hectic and stressful, which is why we implemented activities such as a softball league, team... More