Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated August 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 47 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 26 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

"Love This Place"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Lake Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Lake Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was working for One Stop Logistics until Echo Global bought us in 2014. I loved One Stop and had no complaints. Echo came in and offered us a higher percentage of profits from dollar one, 401K, excellent health benefits, and welcomed us into the family. Our training was quick, yet detailed and the transition was painless. A dummy could use the software for Echo.....It is so user friendly, and any question from any department is immediately.

So I meet a young man that is very intelligent and a go getter in my neighborhood from a mutual friend. He is fresh out of college and looking for a full time career. I told him about who I worked for and how much I love my job along with some of the benefits.....He takes it upon himself to seek out employment and drops my name. I had no idea he even did that. So he starts working today and by his go-getter attitude, I know he will rise quickly!!! Then for doing nothing but loving my job, Echo paid me a $1000 referral bonus I did not even know they offered!!!! I hear my brother and so many individuals come home and hate their jobs and who they work for and what they do. I am so blessed to be a part of this company, and I am a lifer!!!!

Cons

On Fridays, the boss rolls out a cooler of beer for all of the employees to drink....I have a $500 a year total deductible on my insurance plan for medical and dental for my entire family, my pay is always on time and accurate. I sometimes make my mortgage payment in one day of work here, and actually it is most days.....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing......Success is contagious. Investing in people is what every successful company has done, and you all have done the same. Some of my best customers have come from cold calling....Keep pushing cold calls....They work!!!! Numbers don't lie.

Jun 3, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for the very thoughtful and thorough review. It seems like you have an excellent grasp of what it takes to be successful at Echo and that you like the environment in which you work. Thanks for... More

2. "First Day"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the company culture a lot. This was originally why I came to this company and it makes sense.

Cons

I cannot say much since I am so new to the company. Every company has its flaws but at the moment,there doesn't seem to be much wrong with my experience.

Jun 3, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your review! Enjoy your first couple weeks of training and welcome to the Echo family!

"Carrier Sales"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

looking to simplify transportation and logistics

Cons

Maybe one on one training sometimes as well as group training

Jun 5, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for the review and feedback!

4. "A company that values their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture, mobility throughout the company, team oriented, great perks, company really values their employees.

Cons

pay increases aren't substantial when getting a raise

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never worked anywhere with the energy and culture that Echo has. The open work environment really encourages people to communicate on a daily basis and helps build relationships across all departments. It's great to work at a place where you feel valued as an employee and are rewarded for your hard work!

Cons

In this type of industry there's constantly changes, but management does a great job of communicating what changes are going to happen and how it'll effect us.

Jun 3, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for the review and for being a part of the culture that makes Echo such a fun place to work. You’re right-there are constant changes in the industry, especially for a fast-growing company, and... More

6. "Human Resources Assistant"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Very fun company. They have a ton of fun events and a great culture.

Cons

Sometimes coworkers can be catty and it can be a bit like high school.

Advice to Management

Make sure people are treated equally.

"Great Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - IT: Integration in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT: Integration in Chicago, IL

Pros

Echo is a great place to learn and grow your career! It is a great company to work for that has a very fun atmosphere IE: outings, intramural sports, young culture. There are many opportunities/training's on how to grow your current job or find a new role that you can maximize your talents and excel in.

Cons

You may have to work longer hours and it is not always a specific 9-5pm job.

Jun 9, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for such a great review of Echo Tech and for your contributions to the team! As you know, there are positive changes on the horizon and we are excited to see what's to come.

8. "Sales Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture and career / financial opportunity are really what keep me excited about coming to work each day. There is never a day that is like the last one and for those who work smart / hard, there is ample opportunity to grow within their current role or new ones.

Cons

The only con I can think of would be comparing the hours at Echo to other industries. There is no question that a career in logistics is NOT a 9 - 5 job, but the work expectations are in line with all other logistics providers / freight brokers.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people. This is an area that Echo has focused more on in the past year and it is having great results.

Jun 22, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your thoughtful review of your experience at Echo. As we continue to grow, we are focused on maintaining a strong corporate culture, one which empowers great people. Thanks again for your... More

9. "Great Company"

Pros

Fun work Place
    Good Environment
    Good managment

Cons

High Benefit package
    No breaks
    pay could be more

10. "Financial Reporting Analyst"

Current Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL

Pros

Positive Culture, mentorship, leadership, definitely a great place to sharpen your skills and grow your career, the opportunites dont stop at hiring but continue throughout the company as they try to accomodate you, to be your best you, at a position your happy with. The company carries the load together by workign hard together to acheive goals and stay connected much like real family they are family. Also our stock is up! The company is heading in a great direction! Happy to grow with the company!

Cons

There is not alot of lunch options.

Jun 22, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your positive review and for your contributions to our Finance department. Our people are what make us great, we wouldn't be able to maintain a culture of support and encouragement without... More