Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated March 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 19 reviews)

1. "Client sales"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission, work hard manager will reward you, good work environment, great location in the city, and great first job out of college

Cons

High stress when freight isn't moving. Have to take some losses for your customer. Not a fan of Optimizer the technology they use. Work 45-50 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Some people aren't fit for sales but still want to stay at the company. Need to acknowledge you can move positions within the company. They rarely bring it up

2. "National Accounts Manager"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Office, culture, people and benefits. The work is fun and fast-paced and can be very lucrative when you have established yourself within the company and industry. Recent merger was handled very well and he subsequent integration has gone about as well as one could expect. I feel very confident that he company has established itself to be a top company within an industry that is currently seeing a tremendous amount of consolidation among its major players.

Cons

Hours can be tough and it is hard to initially build ones portfolio. I've been very happy with my experience, but success can vary greatly upon which side of the business you choose and which team you get placed with.

Advice to Management

Better inter-office communication, and some slight twerking of current software. But keep doing what you have been doing which has been blending the best parts of both Command and Echo while becoming one company.

3. "Good place to start your career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company in a stable industry. You can make a lot of money in sales if you really work hard & learn the ins and outs of transportation. Fun people to work with. Best part about going to work were some of the friends that I made.

Cons

Not a lot of growth. Making money is sales is the only growth you will see. Other departments lack career paths. For a company that really preaches career development, I'd say this part is lacking. Notice high performers and develop them to bring Echo to the next level.

Advice to Management

Take the time to coach people who want to contribute to the company's success. Stop hiring outside individuals who don't know anything about the transportation industry. Echo would be respected more in the industry if it promoted those who know the ins and outs.

"Great place to work - Great people"

Current Employee - Operations/Sales Support in Yorba Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Operations/Sales Support in Yorba Linda, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Our Branch Office staff have worked together for many years and work well together. Echo Global Logistics has great benefits for employees. Lots of opportunities within the company for growth and/or even move to a new location/region, since we have so many branches. Echo offers great employee benefits.

Cons

Working in the Branch environment keeps us a bit isolated from the happenings @ Corporate. Sometimes we feel like an after thought.

Advice to Management

Better communication to the branches from Marketing, Sales, HR etc. We like you guys! We want to hear from you and be included in whats going on. Also some branch team functions would be great.

6. "Claims Supervisor"

Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Watsonville, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Watsonville, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Upbeat, honest, flexible, great co-workers, healthy environment

Cons

In front of a computer screen too much

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

7. "carrier sales rep"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

No room for growth. 50 hour work week.

Advice to Management

set realistic goals.

8. "Echo cares only about Echo."

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Free coffee. Decent comp if you can withstand long hours and corporate red tape. Client sales is no longer strictly sales. You also do your own accounting and invoicing. Takes up many hours that could be spent bringing in clients.

Cons

Long hours to benefit the company, not the reps. Took on Command Trans 50 hour work week with Saturday shifts. Serious disconnect between management and reps. Little to no reason to have entire client sales there for 10 hours a day. Even legal? Most actually start working at 8 and stop at 4, yet are required to be there for a useless 2 hours. Echo claims they care about their employees, this is false. They care only about Echo. Little to no work-life balance. This job will dominate your life.

Advice to Management

Employees burn out consistently with 10 hour days. Motivationally, mentally, and physically. Need to find a way to take this down to 9 hours a day like competitors. Would recruit far better talent and retain many more employees.

Why are people not allowed to work from home? Everything is done on Internet Explorer. Little to no perks with the job except free coffee.

9. "Good Place to Grow"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

I great place to grow. It's an even better if you use the correct avenues to advance into various departments.

Cons

Skills in an entry level role might not portray an employee's full potential. Employees can get lost in the shuffle.

Advice to Management

Keeping everyone engaged should not overlook employee's desire to grow and develop their careers.

10. "MSBI"

Former Employee - MSBI in New York, NY
    Former Employee - MSBI in New York, NY

Pros

god to work for fast growing company

Cons

Its always a commitment that matters

11. "very young management"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

sitting in a chair all day

Cons

unhealthy food and stupid stresses over if my toilet paper made it on time to TX.

Advice to Management

Lighten up from policing everyone. Worst case of people micro managing you every day