Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated October 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really enjoy the fun, yet collaborative work environment (in 49 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 28 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

1. "Inside Sales Manager"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Echo is a top notch 3Pl that goes above and beyond to help their clients, employees, and partners feel welcome and important. It is a pleasure to be here. The atmosphere and culture at this company are the perfect recipe for success.

Cons

At this point I cannot see any.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

"Horrible company, very deceiving."

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is among the best you can find in a proffessional office setting but that is the only positive aspect of working for this company.

Cons

I have been working full time at Echo global logistics for 2 years. The company higher ups are among the shadiest business proffessionals you will ever come across in your job search. They do not value or care about their employees whatsoever and simply rely on the alarming turnover rate of employees to keep bodies coming in just as quickly as they are walking out the door.

The avg. starting base salary is always changing in a growing industry such as the logistics industry and certainly has since I started with the company 2 years ago. New hires are now being offered 8k-10k more to start than I was when I started with the company. After working hard for 2 years and making the company a good amount of money but falling just short of their extremely challenging requirements to make any sort of commission month after month I approached management and asked if they were willing to up my base salary to just match what the new hires were getting and was told simply no. They stated it was unfortunately my problem that I started with the compamy when I did and that they are not entitled to have to give anything more since I signed the contract even after showing great work ethic for 2 years. I was told it costs them 80k a year just to keep my body in the seat and the less they have to pay you the happier they are regardless of how much income and profit you bring to the company.

The commission structure is a rat race. It is designed for you to fall just short every month but keeps the rat running and chasing the wheel.

Working 60+ hours a week is draining physically and mentally, which is fine. However when you get home at night and you are so mentally drained that you can barely communicate with your family or friends and think about the fact that you didnt make any more money that day than an hourly minimum wage employee at the local mcdonalds its frustrating. (At least mcdondals pays overtime)

Another huge con about the company is that unless you are willing to play in the thursday night softball league and go out with the team until 3-4am afterward to a local bar dont expect to be allowed to work on any of the good accounts that actually gives you a chance hit the ridiculously high commission requirements. In other words the "good ol boys club" are the ones that get taken care of not the hard worker who chooses not to be a degenerate.

Advice to Management

None they do not care about opinions. The only thing management and the corporate higher ups care about are themselves.

Jul 19, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

The logistics industry is tough – it is competitive, fast paced and constantly evolving. The hours can be hectic and stressful, which is why we implemented activities such as a softball league, team... More

"Sales"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is like college all over again except you get paid.

Cons

It is like a Frat house..Someone on my team just sent a picture to my work email of Kim Kardashians butt...she was wearing a thong...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the blow up animals..we are not children..this is a place of business. Oh, and maybe if we focused less on pleasing associates to get them to stay ..We Maybe here's a thought could cover loads...hinthint carrier team sucks.

Jul 19, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are a fast paced, fun, growth company. Professionalism is at the core of our values and sending explicit pictures isn’t acceptable at Echo. Based on that I would encourage you to please reach out... More

4. "Carrier Sales"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great culture, good leadership, good starting place

Cons

have to work long hours to make money

Advice to Management

Continue keeping the atmosphere light

Jul 11, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Appreciate the review! Thanks for putting in the hard work, and you will see the results.

5. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Money if you enjoy the Grind

Cons

Terrible hours. If you do not make commission you are pretty close to making minimum wage

6. "Good"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good. Management is also nice.

Cons

Carrier sales and hours make it a little harder to enjoy the money.

"Work hard for nothing"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

If you have any passion for what you do, want to work for a technologically advanced company, have competent upper management and higher ups that understand how things work and take action, or want to get paid for your work...this is NOT the place for you. I've been employed in the industry for several years and I've never seen such a lack of transparency, competency and understanding for how to fix problems big and small. There are never solutions, only bandaids that temporarily address side of effects to the larger problems. This place will chew you up and spit you out, but you won't be able to leave unless you're ok with walking away and leaving your paycheck behind because they can't figure out how to bill your customersin order for you to be paid. One would think Echo would at least have the logic to outsource their billing, but that's a simple solution...they only know bandaids, (the cheap generic kind that don't work).

Advice to Management

Identify problems, make improvements. Take action, be a leader.

8. "Broken Company"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Chicago Office is very nice. A few immediate managers mean well and truly care about your personal success.

Cons

Communication from upper management down is broken. Immediate managers never seem to know what is going on since nothing is communicated, even though they are constantly in meetings.

Commissions & bonuses change often and most the time not communicated well. They are also deathly slow at paying commission and processing payment. It can take 10-14 days for accounting to process an invoice. Often customers have sent payment in and Echo has the check. But they are so slow at processing and communicating the collection department continues calling the customer asking for payment ON LOADS THAT HAVE BEEN PAID. Making customers frustrated, and confused for no reason.

They treat Command Transportation acquired employees like second class employees, and they are seeing good people leave due to this. Echo reps have better commission, better hours and more support. Still very much like a separate company inside a larger crappy company.

Advice to Management

Pay your hard working employees on time and in full!

Jul 19, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Echo IS a business! Our employees work together as a team to move thousands of shipments a day. Our history has shown that blending our passionate employees with proprietary technology solutions... More

"Eh"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-It's a job
    -Pretty awesome team managers
    -Sales is hard. But once you really grasp that, its easy work
    -You can take advantage of your time here and learn valuable skills that can be utilized elsewhere
    -Decent benefits
    -Fooda

Cons

-The culture. Its awful. Yes you can meet great friends here, but thats only after you've been with the company for 3+ years. If good culture to you is beer on Fridays (an effort to help you forget the fact that it's 5pm and you're still at work) then sure, the culture is great
    -If you are a woman, especially a good looking one, be prepared for a million dirty looks on a daily basis. The women who work here are catty and insecure which makes the atmosphere very uncomfortable for women who are actually nice
    -The open office layout
    -There could be a snowstorm outside and the AC in the office will still be on. It's extremely cold, all the time
    -Everyone on the customer side is extremely lazy, which leads to the carrier side doing more work than they should. Top management knows this, but could care less about fixing the issue
    -Echo/Command is still going through that 'feeling each other out' phase. Honestly, to me, coworkers from Command seem to have better work ethic and are overall better people, in comparison to original Echo coworkers

Advice to Management

None; it won't change anything.

Jun 19, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We do appreciate you taking the time to write down your thoughts, and are truly sorry that you have not had as positive of an experience with Echo as we would have hoped. Every company faces... More

"Echo is the same amount of letters as joke"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Listing pros would be lying to you, the reader, and I don't lie. The rest of this is just filling the required word count minimum.

Cons

Where to begin? Management is a joke. And by management, I don't mean the pod managers, I mean the upper level executives including the brain dead gentleman who referred to himself as the CEO (yeah, that's you, Doug). Quality, efficient ideas and suggestions are brought to the attention of "attentive upper level managers" on a dsily basis but you'd have better luck getting it thru to a foreign speaking mentally challenged giraffe. The majority of original echo employees don't know what a phone is our how to use it - which is concerning considering the vast part of their job revolves around it (but that might explain why customers and carriers hate working with echo). The executives pay themselves before paying carrier invoices (spoiler alert: the carrier's are not ok with that). But that doesn't effect the customer reps. Management does a good enough job screwing them over by not paying them their earned commissions. Don't worry though, you can email the commissions department and get a reply within 7-46 business days where they will ask you to explain your concerns again because it went over their heads and either the company hires brain dead employees or tells them to play dumb; I'm convinced. Employees are quitting left and right and implosion will soon follow. Pay your respects now and wish them well (even get Doug to take you to lunch on the corporate card because that's the only money anyone has in the company and maybe then you can even spit in his food) - because the company will not have any employees much longer and will shut down or file bankruptcy soon after. (Thats a good thing guys. Corrupt companies SHOULD fail)

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. You're useless.