Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 19 reviews)

1. "Client Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Client Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are terrific! This can definitely be a stressful job at times and having the support of your coworkers really does make a huge difference!

Cons

One con is being in a role where things are completely out of your control at times and when things go wrong you are the one in the middle that needs to relay information to all parties involved, who can sometimes get pretty upset.

2. "Fast-paced, motivating, electric culture"

Current Employee - Client Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Echo is a great place to build a career. The management team is supportive and truly dedicated to your professional development. There are many opportunities for growth within the organization. The people around you bring you up and cheer you on through successes and coach you through the tough times. Can't beat the office and work environment!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this place

3. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

Pros

Great Atmosphere, potential to make the big bucks

Cons

hard to get to commission level. 401k plan is terrible. I think the reason for this is because when Echo started they were hiring kids straight out of college that did not worry about their future. Now that it has been around for 10+ years and they are strategically hiring we should improve the plan

Advice to Management

Please improve 401k offerings

5. "Good starting job out of college"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Its a great way to break into sales. great people to work with and great culture.

Cons

Lots of turnover. not everyone is made for sales. Middle management depending on who your manager is can be either a make or break experience

Advice to Management

sometime hiring within is not always the best solution for middle management

6. "The Echo Way"

Current Employee - Carrier Operations Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Operations Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment.

Cons

Only down fall is parking but thankful for the parking many garages and the office temperature can be a bit cold so bring a sweater :-)

Advice to Management

Nothing so far...Keep up the good job!

7. "Client Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment with a lot of energy. The people are great. Everyone is willing to help one another.

Cons

You think you are getting a sales job but if you land the wrong type of accounts you end up doing way more operations than sales and your book of business and income potential suffers significantly.

Advice to Management

Sales reps need more operational support. More consistent accountability across the entire company

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we are named one of the top 3PL’s to work for year after year. As we continue to grow, we are adding new operational roles to ... More

8. "It's a good start for someone with no industry experience"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Echo has many positive attributes. Young workforce, promotes from within, tries to promote a work hard- play hard culture.

Cons

Everything comes down to numbers and they ultimately come down to what they can do for the shareholders over the employees. The bonus structure needs work. It is a bonus and not guaranteed but there is limited transparency on the process at all levels.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees that aren't in sales. They don't create the revenue but they control it on a day to day basis once the sale is closed. The initial training program is good but you need to focus on more tenured associates development in middle management to take the company to the next level.

"Excellent for Software Engineers in Chicago"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are essentially full-stack here meaning they expect you to help build a product by working in C#, SQL, Javascript, HTML, CSS, Knockout.js, jQuery, and PowerShell if needed. You are very close to your customers and people give great feedback. The IT department in general has a very positive, fun, and progressive attitude.

Cons

They are still learning how to implement Agile more effectively. QA and Automation testing are lacking, as we still have bugs and easy errors that occur after deploys.

Advice to Management

Encourage testing testing testing, and hire more testers. More money put into development infrastructure, you'd be surprised to see how much better software engineers can develop when their environments works well.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the review! We love receiving feedback from all departments within Echo, giving a better insight into our company as a whole. Our IT Department has been working tremendous hours these ... More

10. "Been with Echo for over 4 years as a Sales Rep & it has been a very fun & exciting."

Pros

You have plenty of training here and can advice very quickly if you are willing to work hard. The commission here is higher than most companies. And there are a lot of fun events planned within the company, even at the branches. We are like family here and lean on each other for advice and support and cheer each other on.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure on you to grow very fast.

Advice to Management

Need more positive motivation and less negativity

11. "Want support and growth? Then work for ECHO"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

I've been in this industry for 3 years, and I got my start working for one of ECHO's top competitors in my first years. I've only been working at ECHO for the past 6 mos, but I've learned more in that time that I did in the entire 2 years working for their competitor. Transportation & Logistics is no cup of tea, but ECHO really lives up to it motto "Transportation Simplified." My managers are always willing to help, and they provide extensive training and learning opportunities. ECHO really values the employees and that is great when working for such a huge company! I love this place!

Cons

Your days are what you make them. If you come in early and get on the phones and hustle then you'll do great. However; if you sit and post on FB all day then, this isn't the career path for you.