Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 47 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 26 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

"Feel the Appreciation"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no shortage of education. It's a great company to work for if you're new to the logistics industry. The investment in their people is obvious. The expectations are laid out and there is never a question of what you're supposed to be doing of what to what level you are performing. The appreciation I feel at Echo is second to none!

Cons

The job can seem overwhelming at first, especially if you're new to the industry. There are a lot of moving parts and it's easy to get lost in the mix. Management is always around to help and keep you afloat, but the expectation is to learn and grow form your experiences.

Advice to Management

Stay open with communication. Constructive criticism is a must in order to gain a handle on the tasks. Always celebrate the wins, no matter how small.

2. "Client Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment with a lot of energy. The people are great. Everyone is willing to help one another.

Cons

You think you are getting a sales job but if you land the wrong type of accounts you end up doing way more operations than sales and your book of business and income potential suffers significantly.

Advice to Management

Sales reps need more operational support. More consistent accountability across the entire company

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we are named one of the top 3PL’s to work for year after year. As we continue to grow, we are adding new operational roles to... More

3. "It's a good start for someone with no industry experience"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Echo has many positive attributes. Young workforce, promotes from within, tries to promote a work hard- play hard culture.

Cons

Everything comes down to numbers and they ultimately come down to what they can do for the shareholders over the employees. The bonus structure needs work. It is a bonus and not guaranteed but there is limited transparency on the process at all levels.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees that aren't in sales. They don't create the revenue but they control it on a day to day basis once the sale is closed. The initial training program is good but you need to focus on more tenured associates development in middle management to take the company to the next level.

4. "very young management"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

sitting in a chair all day

Cons

unhealthy food and stupid stresses over if my toilet paper made it on time to TX.

Advice to Management

Lighten up from policing everyone. Worst case of people micro managing you every day

"Great Company That Promotes From Within"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Echo provides a fun, fast paced and high energy work environment. I had the opportunity to work with so many great people during my time with the company and many of my closest friendships were made in the office at Echo. I really valued the fact that almost all promotions at the company were internal and I was even able to move up the ranks myself during my tenure there.

Cons

The logistics industry is not for the faint of heart. Customers and carriers alike can be extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

I saw a lot of positive changes occur during my time at Echo. Keep up the good work and internal improvements-especially related to the company culture!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, friendly environment, high energy

Cons

large workload depending on account, longer hours

"Great Company Hard Position"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, fun happy hours regularly, cool people.
    The actual company itself is a good place to work. Open floorplan, there is a gameroom for breaks and beer friday.

Cons

Must work on Christmas and NYE, not very many vacation days. Not necessarily the company's fault but moreso the nature of the industry. Booking trucks for clients can get stressful and although the company tries to make it better it's still a stressful and/or boring position. Also 8 AM start time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work trying to make the day to day work life fun. Please try to micro manage a bit less and be a bit more consistent.

8. "Decent gig, not a long-term career move"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture, fun company outings and most managers are great. Fun and young environment to work in.

Cons

Pay is very average (unless you start making a lot of commission $$$). A lot of things are out of your control in this role that you depend on to be successful, which can make the role very frustrating.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more fairly to keep them happy. If you want to play with the big boys, you need to pay like the big boys.

Nov 2, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for providing your feedback! Our company culture is extremely important to us and is a key part in our success. Our offices are full of energetic, hardworking individuals that are rewarded... More

"Favoritism Galore - No Help"

Former Employee - Customer Sales in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Sales in Skokie, IL

Pros

Great relationships with other 20-something time co-workers, free coffee, can make a TON of money. Easy to make friends. Work hard=reward.

Cons

Where to begin. Was easy to leave this company in the dust once the corporate sell out to Echo took place. Forgetting about the politics behind the acquisition, this place takes money straight out of its employees paychecks- every paycheck. Customers dont pay- there goes your money. Colleague makes a mistake- there goes your money, accounting dept puts no effort into collecting past dues- there goes your money. I think you get the picture, full time task just making sure they dont cheat you. HR, basically turns a blind eye to employees cursing at, talking down to, and doing things to other employees that wouldnt fly anywhere else, may have changed now that they are public which would be great to hear. Management, FORGET about it- you would have to have the largest book of business in your group in order to get anything more than a good morning, how are you doing, do you need help throughout the year. Most employees just show up late, wait for someone else to quit and absorb their accounts- Actually selling is virtually not even discussed. Room for advancement, not a chance--sit in your seat, dont eat lunch, and take verbal abuse all day is pretty much the extent. Upper management, well i think they finally canned Danny but half the time he wasnt even there, when he was its most likely the case that he has no idea whats going on- a couple good managers there but for the most part a bunch of buffoons who've only ever worked there just babysitting all day and listening to people whine.

Advice to Management

If it was possible to clone Paul, John and Adam maybe it would be a good place to work. Stop hand feeding people who dont work hard just to keep your group together, give the best account to the hardest workers. Dont let unproductive employees keep their jobs. Dont hire anyone, look for people who actually have some sort of tact and work ethic. Clean up the shop and fire the waste.

Aug 29, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your response and for some of your positive insight as well as some of your suggestions and areas of improvement. This company does value hard work and as your review states, working... More

10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (More than a year)

Pros

Great position to learn about operations and supply chain needs. Company has a younger orientation, so a fantastic job out of college.

Cons

Admittedly not an industry for everyone. High expectations from both clients an management.