Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated February 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 18 reviews)

"Great People, Great Culture"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

I've been at Echo for little over 6 years now. Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture. I have had the opportunity to work in Sales, Operations and now Administration. It’s a pretty great feeling when you know you work for a company that has managers and teammates who want you to succeed. They encourage, support, mentor and guide you. They take the time to get to know you. When it comes to our culture, one of the things I hear on a regular basis from our clients, carriers, and employees is the how great our culture is. You can literally feel the energy and “buzz” as soon as you hit the sales floor. Reps are constantly on the phones, problem solving, building relationships, and working together to service their carriers and clients. We get down to business but also know how to have a good time!

Cons

This industry isn't for everyone and people can burn our quickly. HOWEVER, if you stick with it, the hard work and dedication pays off.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within.

Nov 2, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate the honest review! The industry can be grueling at times, but we strive to maintain an excellent culture that keeps employees engaged. Congratulations on 6 years! We agree it is ... More

2. "IS - It's a grind"

Pros

Excellent work environment. Management is dedicated to treating their salespeople well. You gain more and more individual freedom as your career evolves.

Cons

Stress and grind. The natural stress of the transportation industry coupled with the grind of constantly cold calling creates a very intense, very stressful work experience.

Advice to Management

Entry level salary and commission structure could be restructured since it takes time to make commission above your draw.

3. "account executive"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

fun place to work, opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

kept in the dark with a lot of changes after buy out of Command Transportation

Nov 2, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the review! The Echo/Command integration is finally complete, and we are all operating under one roof. We recognize there can be adjustments and “growing pains” with any acquisition ... More

5. "Senior Operations Account Executive"

Pros

Made great friends, the culture is work-hard play-hard, very fast paced and motivating. Come to work everyday and see your buddies.

Cons

Upward mobility after this level is daunting, there is the manager, then director, then SVP. I was competing with about 25-30 other employees with my job title for the manager position, and there wasn't even one available.

Advice to Management

Need more managers / smaller teams so employees can move up

6. "Great Intern Experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

Pros

Echo is a great place to work thanks to its energetic community and positive environment. Working on the open floor near employees from all different departments, you can see how your work fits in to the company's objective and it motivates you to get your job done. The lively atmosphere and encouraging community kept me moving, learning, and growing. In addition, the company culture is one of it's greatest distinctions. At Echo, you really feel like you're a part of something, which I feel is very personally motivating. Overall, working here was a very positive experience!

Cons

Echo is a big place that is growing and changing very quickly, so it can be difficult to find your footing and make your voice heard. However, as you get used to the environment, the way to maneuver the structure successfully becomes easier.

"Great Company That Promotes From Within"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Echo provides a fun, fast paced and high energy work environment. I had the opportunity to work with so many great people during my time with the company and many of my closest friendships were made in the office at Echo. I really valued the fact that almost all promotions at the company were internal and I was even able to move up the ranks myself during my tenure there.

Cons

The logistics industry is not for the faint of heart. Customers and carriers alike can be extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

I saw a lot of positive changes occur during my time at Echo. Keep up the good work and internal improvements-especially related to the company culture!

"Client Sales Representative"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Company culture is great, managers push you to sell.

Cons

Hard to reach commission as a sales rep, you really have to work hard and grind.

Advice to Management

Higher base salary

9. "Client Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over all my experience at Echo has been ok. If you are in sales you really have to grind and hit the phone hard, which I didn't mind. I am also learning more and more about the industry everyday!

Cons

When I was doing my interview I was told one thing about the commission. After I got hired I was told another thing and I wasn't even told until four months into the role. Even other people on the sales team didn't know the actual commission structure. Also as a sales person it is important to have business cards, I don't know a sales person who doesn't have one, when we asked our manager he just ignored us and wouldn't answer. So no one on the sales team had a business card and I don't think that you should have to order them it is up the your manager to get them. Why in the world do people on operations have them and sales people don't( at least on our sales team)

Advice to Management

The way I was treated when I told them I was leaving was HORRIBLE. The standard(or at least I thought) is to put in your two weeks notice. I put in my two weeks notice and three hours later they told me my last day was two days later. I later asked why and they said because that is the normal for sales. So I would suggest to anyone who is going into sales to not give them the courtesy and put in your notice 2-3 days, if you choose to leave the company. Also don't lie to people about the commission structure just to hire them, that makes everyone look bad.

Aug 24, 2016

Thanks for the review. We’re glad to hear you felt that you gained valuable knowledge on the industry as well as on sales during your time here at Echo. In this industry, and with any sales roles ... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, friendly environment, high energy

Cons

large workload depending on account, longer hours

"Great Company Hard Position"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, fun happy hours regularly, cool people.
    The actual company itself is a good place to work. Open floorplan, there is a gameroom for breaks and beer friday.

Cons

Must work on Christmas and NYE, not very many vacation days. Not necessarily the company's fault but moreso the nature of the industry. Booking trucks for clients can get stressful and although the company tries to make it better it's still a stressful and/or boring position. Also 8 AM start time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work trying to make the day to day work life fun. Please try to micro manage a bit less and be a bit more consistent.