KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Echo Global Logistics

Engaged Employer

Echo Global Logistics

Add a Review

Echo Global Logistics Employee Reviews about "commission structure"

Updated Jan 11, 2021

Found 29 of over 939 reviews

3.8
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner
Pros
  • "great staff members, good work environment(in 67 reviews)

• "Echo has a great culture and lots of great people that want to help you grow in your career(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Same cons any sales job would include: annoying clients, sometimes long hours and constant market shifts(in 42 reviews)

• "There is no transparency for bonus structure and no there is no transparency for commission structure for client sales and carrier sales(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Echo Global Logistics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "commission structure"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Echo - Chicago

Feb 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, fun sales environment, great opportunity to make money and develop professional sales skills, good organizational structure, positional mobility, benefits packages. Overall very good place to work!

Cons

competitive industry, long days, commission structure salary,

Talent Attraction Program Manager

Thanks for your feedback and advice on the mentorship program. This will be shared with leadership....thanks!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Review

Jan 11, 2021 - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good people who are fun but hard working

Cons

Commission structure makes it tough to make money especially with little experience.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Work and Culture

Mar 6, 2020 - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is great. Lots of young people. Manager super helpful and want you to succeed

Cons

Commission structure. Hard to make good money unless you somehow close a big company

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of potential

Feb 11, 2020 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large 3PL to get your foot in the door for logistics.

Cons

- Poor management. - No room for growth in the company unless you are at HQ. - If you are in a branch, they move up people who are either romantically involved with management. - There is no one on one meetings with management for professional growth. - There is no transparency for bonus structure and no there is no transparency for commission structure for client sales and carrier sales. - They do not have a formal training for managers, so managers are mainly staffed by senior sales or operations staff. Therefore they have no education on how to manage a team effectively. - There seems to be a lack of wanting to collaborate as a team for problem solutions.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

sales job

Nov 25, 2019 - Client Solutions Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun people to work with

Cons

it was a terrible commission structure

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cold Call Central

Jan 29, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment, constant catered lunches and breakfast, happy hours, young company culture

Cons

A lot of pressure from management to meet cold call quotas and new account quotas. Managing shipments is too stressful. Commission structure isn't fair and only benefits 5% of the sales reps.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Carrier Sales Representative

Apr 26, 2018 - Carrier Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual dress code. Location. Co-workers

Cons

Terrible commission structure. No upward mobility. Management constantly looking down on you and underestimating you. Long hours.

Talent Team

Thanks for taking the time to review! Being a growing company we are always looking to improve. One area of improvement is the new Learning & Development team that has been put in place this year and how this will positively impact our upward growth, the management skills of our managers, and how everyone is trained! We are looking forward to this impact..

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

National Sales Executive

Feb 26, 2018 - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard and build your own business. A lot of micro-management but if you hit your numbers you

Cons

Changed commission structure couples times.

Talent Attraction Program Manager

Thanks for your feedback! As Echo is growing rapidly there will be some changes along the way. We are excited about the growth and opportunities individuals have to build their business here!

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible company, very deceiving.

Jun 27, 2017 - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office atmosphere is among the best you can find in a proffessional office setting but that is the only positive aspect of working for this company.

Cons

I have been working full time at Echo global logistics for 2 years. The company higher ups are among the shadiest business proffessionals you will ever come across in your job search. They do not value or care about their employees whatsoever and simply rely on the alarming turnover rate of employees to keep bodies coming in just as quickly as they are walking out the door. The avg. starting base salary is always changing in a growing industry such as the logistics industry and certainly has since I started with the company 2 years ago. New hires are now being offered 8k-10k more to start than I was when I started with the company. After working hard for 2 years and making the company a good amount of money but falling just short of their extremely challenging requirements to make any sort of commission month after month I approached management and asked if they were willing to up my base salary to just match what the new hires were getting and was told simply no. They stated it was unfortunately my problem that I started with the compamy when I did and that they are not entitled to have to give anything more since I signed the contract even after showing great work ethic for 2 years. I was told it costs them 80k a year just to keep my body in the seat and the less they have to pay you the happier they are regardless of how much income and profit you bring to the company. The commission structure is a rat race. It is designed for you to fall just short every month but keeps the rat running and chasing the wheel. Working 60+ hours a week is draining physically and mentally, which is fine. However when you get home at night and you are so mentally drained that you can barely communicate with your family or friends and think about the fact that you didnt make any more money that day than an hourly minimum wage employee at the local mcdonalds its frustrating. (At least mcdondals pays overtime) Another huge con about the company is that unless you are willing to play in the thursday night softball league and go out with the team until 3-4am afterward to a local bar dont expect to be allowed to work on any of the good accounts that actually gives you a chance hit the ridiculously high commission requirements. In other words the "good ol boys club" are the ones that get taken care of not the hard worker who chooses not to be a degenerate.

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Coordinator

The logistics industry is tough – it is competitive, fast paced and constantly evolving. The hours can be hectic and stressful, which is why we implemented activities such as a softball league, team events and spiffs to encourage team comradery. Our top sales reps hit commission by working hard, pushing through the tough times and having open communication with their managers on how they can consistently improve. We encourage you to discuss with your manager any commission challenges and see how they can help develop you as a rep to continue to grow your book of business.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

STAY AWAY FROM HERE

Apr 14, 2017 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent LTL package and their managed LTL program is unique. Outside of LTL the pros just about stop at that point

Cons

-They pride themselves on being a technological innovator in the industry but When they acquired Command they actually kept the bulk of the programs we designed in house. Our programs now what their entire platform is based on. The few programs that are native to Echo are outdated and highly inefficient. -The vast majority of carrier reps have been there less than 2 years so their purchasing power really isn't all that competitive. This makes sense when you realize that their turnover is sky high -Their commission structure is constantly evolving and transparency as to your own earnings couldn't be worse. At Command transportation we had an itemized inventory for every single load we moved and how much commission was won or lost. This is not the case at Echo. You have to jump through many hoops to see the real money you're making. -Overall, they've acquired too many companies and don't know which way to go. They aren't an efficient company don't do nearly enough for their reps. This is a great industry to be in but Echo has started to turn and burn employees for their own bottom line. If you want to press your luck and try it then that's up to you. However, I think most people will have better luck both personally and financially at a smaller, more nimble firm.

Recruiting Coordinator

We understand the frustration that comes with an integration and know working through the different kinks can be difficult. The companies we acquire are a strategic move to help leverage different areas of our business and continue to place us as a top 3PL in the industry. We believe the acquisition of Command, as well as other acquisitions we’ve done, will continue to make our company and employees more successful. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your frustrations, and want you to know we hear them and are working diligently to address any issues across the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews