KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Echo Global Logistics Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 70 of over 1,139 reviews

4.0
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Echo Global Logistics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Company to work for

Mar 8, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great management, lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

long hours if you make it that way but not required

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

GREAT

Jul 21, 2022 - Sr. National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Great Product Great People

Cons

Long Hours and Weekend Shifts sometimes

Echo Global Logistics Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

3. 4.0

Great Start

Apr 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quick way to make money when you are first out of school if you are willing to put in the hours. Bonus structure that you can make up to 6k in bonuses your first year. Young environment with beer fridays.

Cons

Long hours and a lot of cold calls at the beginning. Minimum pay until you hit commission. Poor leadership with some young inexperienced managers.

HR Representative

Thank you for sharing your opinions! We are glad to hear that you have been able to enjoy both the culture and the reward for the hard work you put in. While we understand that the job can be tough with long hours and cold calling, we are very transparent about the ramp up time it takes for the average sales rep to see that commission, which is why we start our sales reps at a base salary coming in while they are in training and learning the way of the business. Here at Echo we pride ourselves in fostering a career-based environment, no matter the experience you have coming in. Our starting salary is competitive with the market, and we review this frequently. We have also developed a management training program to ensure that our managers are better prepared to lead engaged and high performing teams. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss further details. Thank you for your review!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Client Solutions Executive

May 30, 2018 - Client Solutions Executive in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. The proprietary technology puts you in a great position for success. Commission structure is uncapped and allows you to receive the fruits of your labor. Co-workers have become some of my best friends and also creates a fun atmosphere. Being in the client sales rep position allows you to learn the logistics industry inside and out, as there are no two clients that operate their supply chain in the same way.

Cons

Long hours are needed in order to become as successful as you want to be at this position. Not required, but if you want to reach your full potential you must do it. Stressful situations where you have no control over the matter can be tough to deal with for some people as this job is not made for everyone.

Talent Team

You have great passion for Echo and what you do here...thank you! You hit on some great points about our environment, uncapped earning potential, and our top of the line technology. We recently invested $40 mil into improving our technology even more, which will help everyone! The Client Sales Reps are a BIG part of our team. Your feedback will be forwarded.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Long hours, low pay, zero incentives

Jul 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They claim to have a great culture. Don't fall for it. Zero job growth with long hours (7am to 5pm each day with 24hr email expectations) at zero overtime.

Cons

Where to start? Long days with low commissions. Rat race that feels like s real salary is always just out of reach. Absolutely no career growth, treat employees who've been around for a long time with no incentives to stay. No overtime pay and management won't pay you out the commissions you worked for.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Coordinator

The logistics industry can be grueling – long hours are inevitable, and we are upfront about this in the hiring process, as well as what the earning potential is in Sales. We are sorry that you are enduring a negative experience at Echo, and encourage you to reach out to your HR business partner or discuss with your manager.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great First Job

Oct 6, 2016 - Customer Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Brand new LARGE 2nd floor facility at 600 W Chicago Ave in River North, Chicago -Recently merged with Command Transportation - now move ~3500 truckloads daily -Top three logistics companies in the industry -Salary + Commission compensation structure -Competitive, fast-paced working environment -Easy access to CTA and Metra

Cons

-Early start daily and long hours -Stressful situations arise daily -Must be good at handling rejection/enabling critical thinking -Relatively high turnover in logistics industry--must be persistent in sales role

7. 5.0

Great Place For Sales Reps

Jun 17, 2016 - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The support provided is amazing. I work In the Chicago office and I truly feel valued as an employee. The culture here is great. Great opportunity to make a lot of money if you put in the work and learn the industry quickly. Tons of support if you have never worked in Logistics. I came from the largest 3pl in the industry and I can tell you I did not feel valued there as an employee and it was so saturated internally there wAs no room to grow. Echo Global is paradises compared to last 3pl I worked at. The potential is unlimited and you can grow with no cap, because of the operational support the provide as you keep growing and growing. No matter how bi your book gets you won't get bogged down.

Cons

Intense call quota. You have to get your name In Front of as many people as you can. Long hours some days. Services can be hard to sell due to how many players are now in 3pl. But don't let that discourage. Even if you are green and not a great sales person Echo provides the tools to become a master.

HR Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! It is great to hear the excitement and motivation you share. There can certainly be long hours some days, and it can be tough in sales, but we continually work to give our employees the tools they need to be successful as a sales rep. Thank you for your advice and we’re happy you are a part of Echo!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Grind of a Job but can be lucrative

Feb 9, 2022 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can make a lot of money

Cons

Long hours and very repetitive

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to Works so far

Apr 18, 2021 - Client Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great environment - Great sales management team

Cons

- Tough selling what has become a commodity - Long hours if you want to succeed - High turnover

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Sales rep

Mar 4, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience for entry level

Cons

Long hours and weekend commitment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews

Popular Careers with Echo Global Logistics Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Echo Global Logistics? Share Your Experiences

Echo Global Logistics Careers

Cover image for Echo Global Logistics

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded...More

• Benefits
  • Life at Echo
  • Training & Development
  • Technology

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

344 days ago

Company News
- Echo will become a private company with additional resources and greater flexibility to continue to build its technology and data science platform and enhance its value proposition to shippers and carriers - The transaction has received the unanimous approval of Echo's Board of Directors, which recommended that Echo's stockholders approve the transaction Echo Global Logistics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECHO) ("Echo"), a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by funds managed by The Jordan Company, L.P. ("TJC"), a global private equity firm, for an equity value of approximately $1.3 billion. Through this transaction, Echo will become a private company which it expects will provide additional resources and greater flexibility to continue to build its technology and data science platform and enhance its value proposition to shippers and carriers.
Shared image - Echo Global Logistics enters into Definitive Merger Agreement to be acquired by The Jordan Company for $48.25 per share in cash
ir.echo.com

349 days ago

Company News
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECHO), a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services, announced today that the company has been named one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®. This is the eighth year Echo has earned this honor from the National Association for Business Resources (NABR). Every year, companies throughout the greater Chicago region compete to be named one of the top workplaces in the city, and only a few receive this honor. "We're proud to be recognized as one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For once again," said Doug Waggoner, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer at Echo. "We invest in our people by providing them with ongoing training and career development and by giving them the tools and technology they need to succeed. These are just some of the many ways we distinguish our company as an employer of choice."
Shared image - Echo Global Logistics Named One of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®
ir.echo.com