66% would recommend to a friend
(415 total reviews)
76% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good people to work with and very skilled at their job." (in 41 reviews)
- "If you are looking for a 9 to 5 job and want a good work/life balance." (in 18 reviews)
- "Coworkers were friendly and I got to go to different locations." (in 13 reviews)
- "Good work environment and peers" (in 11 reviews)
- "Great team to work with for the most part" (in 10 reviews)
- "Outdated hr policies, poor benefits and almost zero perks." (in 46 reviews)
- "back due to bad estimates management provided is a norm here." (in 42 reviews)
- "Pay is low and Health Care is not much to be desired." (in 20 reviews)
- "If you don't start at a good salary you are screwed for many years to come." (in 17 reviews)
- "managers are not the best" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of EchoStar and is not affected by filters.
Found 415 of over 461 reviews
Updated Nov 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Aug 10, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
A lot of people have been here for years and they have knowledge about the business, and they are adaptive to suggestions from newly joined employees, and supportive to new people.
Working in office 4 days a week which can be more flexible for those who do not have to be in office.
- 5.0Nov 7, 2022Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
If you pay your dues and find your niche and place in the structure, you can generate a fairly rewarding career.
Employees tend to remain unnoticed unless the right managers witness their actions . A lot of people cannot exist in this environment and leave. If you can tough it out and prove your worth, the wait pays off.
- 3.0Apr 13, 2023Systems Engineer 1Current Employee, more than 1 yearRockville, MD
Good place to work and build connections, awesome work culture
Team management is poor, and professional/financial growth is not up to the benchmark
- 3.0Mar 2, 2023Advisor EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsGermantown, MD
Technical, Echostar is the market leader, has cuting edge technology. The company is very stable, good working environment,
Payment/benefits could be better. Echostar lost many good people because underpayment.
- 4.0Oct 26, 2022Vice PresidentFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Solid leadership, culture of innovation, smart people, independence without micromanagement but with accountability, focus, collaboration, well managed in terms of fiscal responsibility
Typical challenges of large high tech companies, less driven employees may feel lost or left behind, may feel dated
EchoStar Reviews FAQs
EchoStar has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 461 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at EchoStar to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
66% of EchoStar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated EchoStar 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.