KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Econ One Research Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2022

Found 34 of over 45 reviews

4.3
Econ One Research CEO Lisa Skylar   (no image)
Lisa Skylar

130 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Incredibly smart, flexible management

Dec 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

firm is inclusive, welcoming, knows how to hire good people, and gives employees autonomy.

Cons

honestly none! the work sometimes ebbs and flows and deadlines can be tough, but such is life in professional services.

2. 4.0

nice office environment

Jan 18, 2022 - Economist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are intelligent, full benefits

Cons

work stops every time clients are in mediation

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People, Complex Work

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to work with top tier employees Complex, multi-faceted work keeps you engaged Great pay and office location

Cons

Workload can sometimes be more than a standard week if a case is particularly busy. However, you will often know this ahead of time and can plan accordingly.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company if you love data

Oct 14, 2021 - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone in the office are super friendly - Many opportunities to work with diverse datasets - A lot to learn from managers

Cons

- Hours can be long

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Econ One prides itself on excellent work product and is very supportive of professional growth/development

Jun 24, 2020 - Managing Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am extremely grateful to call Econ One my "home away from home" since 2008. The company invests significant time and money in the growth/development of its employees. As a result, I have learned how to communicate with clients more assertively and proactively. Additionally, I have had the good fortune to work with extremely smart people in which we have made our quantitative work product fun and exciting. This has allowed me to advance in my career and ultimately form my own practice within the firm.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for people who are new to litigation consulting. In this line of work, it is invaluable to (i) commit to the project(s), (ii) work efficiently, and (iii) communicate clearly both to team members and clients. Those expectations can be overwhelming for some employees. At the same time, the folks who commit to the process have built long, steady careers at Econ One.

6. 4.0

Decent Company for Economic Consulting

Jun 25, 2020 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Econ One functions largely in separate project teams with some collaboration between the teams. Therefore, one person's experience may differ from others. - For consulting, a decent work/life balance - Research in a variety of industries, which keeps work interesting - I've enjoyed my interactions with almost all my colleagues - During COVID, company has actually felt more like a single company rather than each project team being a separate company

Cons

- While there are one or two examples of non-PHDs reaching higher levels of the company, it can be difficult to tell if that's an option - Given it's a small company, sometimes I feel like there's a little less flexibility than I would like. It would nice to be able to do office exchanges, work from different offices, have remote work options (outside of COVID), etc. - The bonus system can feel like a bit of a black box - Starting vacation is somewhat low

Continue reading
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent Co.

Sep 25, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is an open-door policy; many of the projects that you tackle on a day-to-day basis are quite interesting; the office dynamic is friendly, and as long as you do your work everyone gets along.

Cons

Each economic group functions differently, meaning pay structure and work schedule differ; you need higher academic degrees for further advancement with more responsibility; work-life balance varies based on the number of projects being undertaken.

8. 5.0

Wonderful People

Dec 5, 2020 - Senior Economist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work environment and brilliant colleagues

Cons

Marketing and advertising could be stronger for Sr. Economists looking to build a client base

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

An organization of integrity and character

Jun 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- no bureaucracy / no office politics - honest, direct, and supportive colleagues - integrity and strength of character was revealed during unprecedented public health and social upheaval in 2020, through being flexible and supportive of employee needs and concerns regarding work conditions, maintaining regular and effective communication regarding evolving business conditions, prioritizing community building and professional growth, and beginning a conversation to ensure the organization is acting in a way that reflects shared values.

Cons

- work load can vary, though this is more a bug of the industry than it is of the enterprise.

10. 5.0

Great team environment

Jun 23, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Best part is the people: not only you can learn a lot from them, but also they care about your career and are very approachable - Work/Life balance: Econ One cares about you and offer a good work-life balance - Opportunities to improve data analytical & programming skills

Cons

- Some weeks can be challenging with long work hours - Work may not be balanced across the staffs

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews

Econ One Research Reviews FAQs

Econ One Research has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 45 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Econ One Research to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Econ One Research employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Econ One Research. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

89% of Econ One Research employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Econ One Research 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Econ One Research to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Econ One Research Job Seekers