Econ One Research Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2021

4.4
Econ One Research CEO Lisa Skylar   (no image)
Lisa Skylar
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful People

Dec 5, 2020 - Senior Economist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work environment and brilliant colleagues

Cons

Marketing and advertising could be stronger for Sr. Economists looking to build a client base

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Econ One prides itself on excellent work product and is very supportive of professional growth/development

Jun 24, 2020 - Managing Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am extremely grateful to call Econ One my "home away from home" since 2008. The company invests significant time and money in the growth/development of its employees. As a result, I have learned how to communicate with clients more assertively and proactively. Additionally, I have had the good fortune to work with extremely smart people in which we have made our quantitative work product fun and exciting. This has allowed me to advance in my career and ultimately form my own practice within the firm.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for people who are new to litigation consulting. In this line of work, it is invaluable to (i) commit to the project(s), (ii) work efficiently, and (iii) communicate clearly both to team members and clients. Those expectations can be overwhelming for some employees. At the same time, the folks who commit to the process have built long, steady careers at Econ One.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Co.

Sep 25, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is an open-door policy; many of the projects that you tackle on a day-to-day basis are quite interesting; the office dynamic is friendly, and as long as you do your work everyone gets along.

Cons

Each economic group functions differently, meaning pay structure and work schedule differ; you need higher academic degrees for further advancement with more responsibility; work-life balance varies based on the number of projects being undertaken.

4. 4.0

Decent Company for Economic Consulting

Jun 25, 2020 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Econ One functions largely in separate project teams with some collaboration between the teams. Therefore, one person's experience may differ from others. - For consulting, a decent work/life balance - Research in a variety of industries, which keeps work interesting - I've enjoyed my interactions with almost all my colleagues - During COVID, company has actually felt more like a single company rather than each project team being a separate company

Cons

- While there are one or two examples of non-PHDs reaching higher levels of the company, it can be difficult to tell if that's an option - Given it's a small company, sometimes I feel like there's a little less flexibility than I would like. It would nice to be able to do office exchanges, work from different offices, have remote work options (outside of COVID), etc. - The bonus system can feel like a bit of a black box - Starting vacation is somewhat low

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An organization of integrity and character

Jun 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- no bureaucracy / no office politics - honest, direct, and supportive colleagues - integrity and strength of character was revealed during unprecedented public health and social upheaval in 2020, through being flexible and supportive of employee needs and concerns regarding work conditions, maintaining regular and effective communication regarding evolving business conditions, prioritizing community building and professional growth, and beginning a conversation to ensure the organization is acting in a way that reflects shared values.

Cons

- work load can vary, though this is more a bug of the industry than it is of the enterprise.

6. 5.0

Great team environment

Jun 23, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Best part is the people: not only you can learn a lot from them, but also they care about your career and are very approachable - Work/Life balance: Econ One cares about you and offer a good work-life balance - Opportunities to improve data analytical & programming skills

Cons

- Some weeks can be challenging with long work hours - Work may not be balanced across the staffs

7. 5.0

Good team environment

Jun 24, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very smart team and supportive upper management - Great place to learn & grow - Good orientation and training

Cons

- Work load varies a lot - Most of the company uses/prefers work product in SAS or STATA but there is some movement towards more contemporary programming languages

Continue reading
  8. 5.0

Welcoming, collaborative workplace

Jun 23, 2020 - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Econ One provides a collaborative work environment. My input from an entry-level position is always welcome. I've had the opportunity to work with lots of different managing directors from different offices.

Cons

There are sometimes lulls in workload, but that's typical of any consulting firm.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place that values honesty & integrity

Jun 23, 2020 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Open door policy - Ethical leadership - Great team / teamwork - Compensation & benefits

Cons

- Work/life balance could be improved

10. 5.0

Great company

Jun 18, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely talented peers, detailed and challenging work

Cons

Work hours can extend past normal business times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews