Ecumen Reviews

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

31.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ecumen~483244
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Great company to work for!

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Feel like you did something important at the end of every day. Every position within our organization is rewarding because everyone is an integral part of a TEAM. Ecumen offers a great 401K plan also!

Cons

The only down side is that you do get very attached to the residents, and when they pass away, it is like losing part of your family.

Talent Manager

Thank you so much for the review. We're grateful to team members like you and all you do for our residents. Yes, Ecumen has an amazing 401K plan! Thank you again.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

May 19, 2022 - Assistant Executive Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is one where I feel valued and appreciated and where my input matters! The emphasis on work life balance while also meeting the business needs is second to none.

Cons

As the company grows, the distance of occasional travel increases.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Work For

May 19, 2022 - Customer Care Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ecumen is an employee centered company. The Management finds new ways to enhance the work atmosphere and Management/ Employee relationship. It is a very "Family Centered" company. There is a focus on a great work/life balance. I feel like a valued employee and work with positive, happy people.

Cons

I work remotely so I sometimes miss the daily, physical interaction with co-workers.

Talent Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback and for being an important part of our Ecumen team! We always love to hear what we're doing well and how we can continue to improve. We are grateful for you and all you do for those we serve.

4. 3.0

Employee

May 19, 2022 - Resident Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good entry level patient care experience

Cons

Staffing, pressure to work more always

Talent Manager

Thank you so much for your review, feedback and for all you do for our residents. Know that our focus is always on the health and safety of those we serve. We are actively hiring new mission-driven team members with a passion to serve others.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Organization to Work For.

Mar 20, 2022 - Life Enrichment Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ecumen supports their team members. Empowers them to be the best they can be. Responsive to feedback. Room for advancement.

Cons

At times, rollout of new processes occur with good intentions though aren't always the most effective for those doing the day to day work. Having a designated regional for all departments would be beneficial for all sites.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you feel supported and empowered as these are key values here at Ecumen. In addition, innovation is key to our organization and we are continuously looking to do things better and improve. Ecumen values you as a team member and appreciates you and all you do for those we serve.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO, management, leadership team, 401K, communication, residents

Cons

Company is open 24-7 since we take care of people, but that's not a downfall, just part of the industry

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback and for being an important part of our Ecumen team! We always love to hear what we're doing well. We are grateful for you and all you do for those we serve.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Co-Workers

Mar 15, 2022 - Resident Assistant (RA)
    Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers and staff are super helpful!

Cons

Disorganized and understaffed. Shifts/responsibilities were constantly changing. Co-workers had to work together to get things done because there was simply too much work to be done and not enough people to do it. The residents deserved better than the care we were able to give them.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your review. We agree our team is fantastic, and always helpful! Providing exceptional care for our residents is always our top priority, and a big part of that is ensuring that we're appropriately staffed with those helpful team members. Thank you for your work in serving our residents. We're grateful!

8. 5.0

Job

Feb 20, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Fargo, ND
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No cons for the company.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time. Ecumen is grateful for you and all you do for those we serve!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good management

Feb 4, 2022 - Resident Services Coordinator in Maplewood, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Involved management, happy team members, wonderful residents

Cons

Large site, many residents to care for

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're grateful to team members like you who provide such excellent care for our wonderful residents. We love being a great place to live and to work. Thank you!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

‘Employee Focused’, but are they really?

Jul 22, 2021 - Registered Nurse Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Attractive facilities/communities Seemingly happy environment Innovative Progressive company

Cons

Toxic leadership Pay/benefits Short-staffed/agency staffing Work-life balance Inclusivity - for those on the right side of management

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As a nonprofit, values-based organization focused on providing the highest quality care, we are committed to listening and always improving to better care for those we serve and create a supportive place to work. We'd like to hear more about your experience, so please reach out to 1-844-614-2498 to anonymously share any additional details. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Reviews

Ecumen Reviews FAQs

Ecumen has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 109 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Ecumen to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ecumen employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ecumen. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of Ecumen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ecumen 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ecumen to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Ecumen Job Seekers