Ecumen Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2021

3.7
Ecumen President and CEO Shelley Kendrick
Shelley Kendrick
Pros
  • "Ecumen has great benefits and treats their employees well by getting them involved in critical thinking and decision making(in 5 reviews)

• "Great opportunity for those early in their career to learn and grow(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's hard work and you stay busy with little time for a break(in 4 reviews)

• "Upper management not very supportive of floor staff(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Ecumen Values Employees and Residents!

Nov 12, 2020 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ecumen believes in honoring the resident and encourages them to live their best life. Ecumen focuses on quality care for the resident but also self-care for the employee. It's a win-win! They have a value system that says they put people at the heart of what they do. It's true!

Cons

No cons at Ecumen :)

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Ecumen truly does value both our team members and those we serve. Thank you for all you do to take care of our residents. We are grateful.

2. 5.0

Wonderful Mission - Fantastic Employer

Nov 5, 2020 - Director Independent and Affordable Living in Shoreview, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ecumen has a well thought out mission that is strongly supported from top leadership and downward throughout the organization. They exemplify a very strong commitment to their customers (residents) and to their customer's families and loved ones. Also, I have never before been part of an organization that is so positively focused on all of its team members and again this philosophy is from the top down and is very real. They practice what they preach and, as a result, is a very unique and enjoyable company to work for with a very dedicated and positive work force. Happy to be part of the Ecumen team!

Cons

Like so many other companies, COVID-19 has impacted Ecumen greatly and in many ways. While it is of no fault of their own, the shortage of available employees at times has caused stress and has forced teams to make necessary adjustments on the spur of the moment. If more individuals seeking a good employer and who are looking to stay for an extended period of time were to apply for positions at Ecumen, it would make life much easier and allow more time for team members to focus on and care for their residents.

Talent Acquisition Manager

First and foremost, thank you for the important work you are doing at Ecumen! It takes all of us to accomplish the mission and during these uncertain times having a positive, committed team makes all the difference. We appreciate the time you took to showcase many of the reasons Ecumen is a leader in the industry. We hope your valuable insight will encourage more team members like you to apply! Thank you for your review.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture of Passive Aggression

Apr 24, 2021 - Sales/Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

I do believe Ecumen cares about doing what's best for their residents.

Cons

Management will ask for suggestions, but those requests often fall on deaf ears. Corporate in Shoreview in particular has an issue with passive aggression and microaggressions towards non-white employees. Overall lack of diversity in leadership, but plenty of performative woke-ism.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to listening and always improving so we can better care for those we serve and create an inclusive, supportive place to work. We'd like to hear more about your experience, so please reach out to 1-844-614-2498 to anonymously share any additional details. Thank you!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It doesn't seem like the worst nursing home to work at, but it's still problematic

Mar 8, 2021 - Resident Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to help people and see your efforts come into fruition immediately. Working in a healthcare environment, getting experience in the healthcare field Getting the COVID-19 vaccine early

Cons

Little pay for the large workload (I personally had at least 12 residents to myself in one shift. I've heard in another building/location I would have had about 15-20 residents I'd have to care for just on my own.) not being able to take my required breaks in my shifts because of the large amount of cares I need to get done not being able to connect as much/spend time with residents even though they pay for a lot of care hours and don't get them no benefits for working during COVID-19 (no hero pay like other places are doing) even though there are more precautions that we have to put in place (extra vital checks at least once a shift, PPE wearing, enforcing social distancing, etc.) lots of mandations and not being able to get out of them even for personal reasons I can't miss (ex. doctor's appointment, school, etc.) not being able to become a CNA after it was promised to me during training that I'd be able to take CNA classes through Ecumen (therefore not letting me get the pay increase that comes with it)

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the review and sharing your insights. Ecumen values all of our team members and recognize the contributions our CNAs and RAs make to the overall satisfaction and safety of our residents. We value you as a team member and thankful for all you do to serve our residents.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, hard to get full time.

Jan 11, 2021 - Maintenance Technician in New Richmond, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment. Working here makes you feel like you are giving back to the community.

Cons

Part time work as a maintenance mechanic. Often held up by funding, so residents sometimes have to make do with sub-par services like heating and living conditions. Expected to be on call without any extra pay, can be extremely inconvenient.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that it's an excellent work environment and how you feel - giving back to the community. We are grateful you are here and everything you do to serve our residents.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start

Feb 13, 2021 - Resident Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, pay, benefits, team, communities are nice

Cons

Career development, not completely open, slow turn around

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it.

7. 3.0

favorites

Mar 18, 2021 - General
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule and employee appreciation

Cons

wage are not based on merit

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and all you do for Ecumen. Thank you for your service.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, but Changes Could be Made

Oct 22, 2020 - Human Resources Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I believe Ecumen really cares about and wants what is best for the residents that live within their communities.

Cons

There is big divide between those who work at the "corporate office" vs those who work directly at a community. Upper management or those who work at the corporate office will ask for opinions, but they are empty questions. There is never any follow up and suggestions are not taken into account. They believe they know what is best and what works best even though they rarely step foot at the site level.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your comments. You are right that one of the things that sets Ecumen apart is how all our team members care about and want the best for our residents and those we serve. One of the ways we do that is through the ideas and innovations that come from those working most closely with our residents. Your voice is valued and we want to hear your ideas. We hope you'll talk with your supervisor about your suggestions for how we can better serve our residents.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company to work for!

Nov 5, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for an employer that has good values and truly cares about their mission and serving others, Ecumen is the right company for you. Ecumen has great benefits and treats their employees well by getting them involved in critical thinking and decision making. Ecumen does a wonderful job recognizing that employees are the heart of the organization and it's evident they care about them!

Cons

I rated a 4 simply because I think every Organization has room to grow.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the review. We do truly care about our mission and serving others and well as our team members. Thanks for your 10+ years of service to Ecumen! You are appreciated.

10. 4.0

Good place to work

Dec 9, 2020 - Registered Nurse Manager in Mankato, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers that are team players

Cons

Wages could be more competitive

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you have great co-workers that are team players. We appreciate you and all of our coworkers. Thank you for choosing Ecumen!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews

Popular Careers with Ecumen Job Seekers

Sales & Marketing Manager
    Learn About the Job
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
    Learn About the Job