Eden Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017

1.0
Mike Potter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Avoid this garden of anger and don't even think about taking a bite of this apple"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Clinton, MI
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Clinton, MI

I worked at Eden Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are great, and the work can be interesting and rewarding if only it wasn't owned/run by an angry little man

Cons

Eden Foods is a horrible place to work, especially in the "marketing" department, because of one reason, the owner.

The owner runs the "marketing" department with a physically and verbally abusive iron fist, has terrible tastes, and design sensibilities. He believes he knows what good design is and turns everything into an amateur looking mess. Listening to a grown man throw a fit like a toddler and yell profanities at other employees because he changed his mind and you didn't anticipate it gets old real fast. He is such a narcissist and toxic person you will be willing to take a lesser job or quit, just to get away from him.

Turn over is high and most people simply walk away without notice so as to not deal with being berated for their last 2 weeks.

Everything else about the job is wonderful, especially the other employees. The job simply isn't worth getting stuck at so save yourself the time and look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and get your anger issues under control. Learn to delegate tasks to the talented people you hire, because micromanagement leads to a lot of yes-men and very little innovation.

"I wouldn't Eden work there for food"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Eden Foods full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with my marketing team and some of the other employees in the company.

Cons

It is a very hostile work environment and conditions at Eden Foods with the CEO. If you have good reflexes you may be able to dodge things being thrown at you physically and/or verbally. The CEO or "Marketing Driven President" is the definition of a megalomaniac and narcissist who has no problem exercising this towards you or others, in front of your peers either, in a derogatory fashion with no remorse. For a place that says their second goal is "To maintain a healthy, respectful, challenging, and rewarding environment for employees." on their website; is a complete joke and should be taken adversely.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage your employees and get some anger management.

"Former Marketing Team Member"

I worked at Eden Foods full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with my team. No traffic to get to the office.

Cons

Way out in the country. Family owned and very challenging environment. No flexible work life balance.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage employees.

"Don't even consider working here"

I worked at Eden Foods full-time

Pros

The mission for organic food quality and relationships with local farmers.

Cons

I expected this to be my dream job due to my beliefs in sustainable agriculture. However, I found myself in an incredibly hostile work environment where the CEO and family abuse their staff (ie. Name calling, throwing things, manipulation). Everyone works in fear due to this. Libertarian and religious propaganda get pushed into the work place often and can be quite uncomfortable. Minorities and women are especially targeted by the CEO. I would suggest respecting yourself by avoiding at all costs, no amount of money is worth getting trapped in this volatile place.

Advice to Management

The culture throughout the Potter family is so intensely controlling that I don't know what could save the company. Treat your employees with respect and leave your anger at home. Energy is a huge morale influence.

"The truth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Eden Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Established organic food company - first in North America

Cons

Overpriced items. Unhealthy employee culture. Family owned dictatorship.

Advice to Management

Create an open forum for employees. Practice what you preach.