Eden Housing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LINDA MANDOLINI

1. "A True Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Eden Housing is truly a Best Place to Work. Not only has the organization received that award several times, it is also a best place in practice each day. Eden staff work hard each day to get their jobs done; however, this generally does not involve a lot of overtime nor weekend involvement. I personally enjoy coming to work everyday because my co-workers really care about what we do and care about the people we serve. We have a very diverse workforce and a genuinely welcoming environment. The input of all staff are regularly requested and valued.

Cons

Commute, rapid growth, unsure political climate

2. "n/a"

I worked at Eden Housing full-time

Pros

Eden Housing is a great company with a lot of opportunity for growth. Upper management is great and very supportive. I really enjoyed my time with Eden and really grew as a professional. Built some great professional relationships.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. My experience was very positive.

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive compensation, transparent leadership, culture of recognition, benefits and smart and friendly team members!

Cons

Far commute personally but no other cons to mention.

5. "Eden housing needs help"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pros i can think of for this company is that they provide work shirts and a company phone for business

Cons

Goes through employees like crazy, takes for ever to get mileage unless you are in the corporate office. It feels like as long as corporate gets their money they do not care about the properties. The vendors never get paid which leaves workers in a bind. The pay is not where it should be i feel as if the staff at the properties get bare minimum. Can barely make ends meet with bills. Healthcare copay is ridiculous if i was to add my spouse i would not be able to pay bills or buy food for my family

Advice to Management

Fix the problems in accounting so vendors and your employees can get paid in a timely fashion and raise the hourly wages of your employees. Also lower the health care costs of adding a spouse to the plan

6. "Great Company Doing Great Things!"

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time

Pros

Engages employees in the mission and vision. Excellent benefits package. Friendly and helpful employees that genuinely like working with each other. Great health initiatives with prizes to engage employees in good health practices. Appropriate training that fun. Employees are respected and recognized for their good work.

Cons

So far, I have had nothing but a positive experience and am happy with my decision to come on board.

Advice to Management

Wonderful orientation with Senior Staff. It was a great way to engage employees and communicate the individual impact that each employee has.

7. "Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Youth Program Specialist
    Current Employee - Youth Program Specialist

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in Residential Services and I like what I do. The company has excellent health benefits, room for advancement within the company, an active HR department incorporating healthy work practices and a lot of prizes at all time.

Cons

Disconnect between property management and residential services, slow/under staffed Accounting department, heavy work load.

8. "Eden Housing"

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time

Pros

A lot of company events/ training

Cons

Very little pay for all the work you have to put in, with little to no support

Advice to Management

Increased help, or increased salary would be helpful

9. "Property Manager"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Hayward, CA

I worked at Eden Housing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers a medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K benefits package for the employee only. Some flexibility to move between properties.

Cons

Very political organization. It was recently published from Glassdoor what companies not to work for. The article didn't name specific companies, but the focus was on signs to look for in a company that you shouldn't work for. Eden, sadly has a ton in common with this list like a VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE. They are constantly hiring because their retention rate is horrible. You are guaranteed to be overworked and to a have poor work life balance though they claim to be one of the healthiest companies to work for. Upper management does not acknowledge long hours that you work nor do they care. They have a poor bonus structure. If you're lucky you'll get a couple of hundred dollars, but rest assured upper management is heavily bonused.

If you want to work in an unerstaffed environment, you want to be over worked, underpaid, you want to receive small annual raises go work at Eden Housing Management. Someone should investigate the way they treat their employees.

Advice to Management

Contract a neutral consultant to help with employee retention and to find out why so many employees are truly unhappy, but are afraid to say anything.

10. "Great work Enviornment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Eden Housing (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for this company for the past three years and learned a lot. also Decent pay, very good health insurance if you are a single person.

Cons

very unprofessional supervisory staff.

Advice to Management

should hire people with enough education, knowledge, and experience. most of the supervisory staff have only experience not the education. some are even drop out of high school that work as supervisor.

11. "Voted SF and Silicon Valley Best Place to Work 4 Years for a Reason"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Eden Housing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been around since 1968.But it seems to always be going through the growth pains of a tech start-up due to the ever-changing demands for workforce housing in the state of California. It takes a lot of creativity and positivism to succeed, both as a business and on the job. Though the executives are busy, they really do listen to their staff. A great career for someone looking to have rewarding work that helps the community while enjoying the perks of California living.

Cons

Negative, non-creative types tend not to do too well here. Even though we are a non-profit, we have received criticism for being "too corporate". Eden demands high levels of accountability professionalism from its staff. But who says professional corporations like Google, Genentech and Eden Housing can't be challenging, innovative and fun too?

Advice to Management

Keep listening. Keep surveying staff. Keep adapting to market trends.