EdgeRock Technology Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Peter Begley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intern"

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time

Pros

I liked working in this environment.

Cons

Nothing was bad about working here.

2. "Entry Level Pay with Senior Level Effort"

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time

Pros

ETP had some good benefits such as a good team environment, everyone was typically pretty nice in your central office and liked to socialize outside of the office as well. They were pretty easy with the idea of letting you build your own daily schedule, being able to take breaks and lunch whenever you needed.

Cons

Salary. They make it sound like you're going to make an incredible amount of money when you do not. $35,000 is a super low salary for the amount of work being done. You have to hit so many calls a week, consultant interviews, gather leads, gather market place information, and have references done on consultants or you fall low on the list and go on the radar. It's not an easy place to be able to ask your bosses for help. You basically stress yourself out daily for such low pay. If you take this job, use it as your way to get your foot in the door to get into a better company that pays better.

Advice to Management

Try to relate to your employees better, raise the pay structure. Don't make employees scared to ask for help when stress is high, and do not play favorites.

3. "Are you ready to rock???"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks & beverages ( majority are sugary and high in fat though)
    Cool office location near good lunch spots/bars and stores
    If you love cold calling and sales over the phone then this is the place for you. If you are afraid of the phone and only text , engage in digital marketing or prefer social media selling then you might not like it.
    Good job for recent college grads looking to break into sales or seasoned sales professionals transitioning to staff augmentation.
    Incredible Exposure to a corp environment enterprise software and I.T
    This is hard work but the reward is there if you are hungry to learn and pick up the phone

Cons

Look at the past negative Glassdoor reviews(A lot of the sentiments I couldn't agree with more-don't wanna preach to the choir)
    Very High first year employee turnover/attrition rate
    Low base salary although good commission deal
    Historically long ramp up time to begin to make any commission on top of a marginal base salary.
    Mandatory long hours 8am 5:30 minimum. Are you a "clock puncher " or "slacker" if you don't come in before 8 or stay after 5:30 because you might have something resembling a life or a 1-2 hour commute to get back home??
    Loud macho Stockbroker type sales pit "dial for dollars" environment.
    Another online board referenced "locker room " culture..hmmm
    Very micromanaged, kpi metrics driven environment. Expect every aspect of your work to be analyzed and scrutinized with a fine tooth comb

Advice to Management

Always be closing!!! Actually you should conduct anonymous employee satisfaction surveys more and assess the turnover rate more to get a better barometer of corporate culture modifications and improvements for employee retention. Culture is key.

"Awful experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck and a resume builder.

Cons

I have to be honest, this was a terrible experience for me. Leaving Edgerock and accepting the position I'm in now is one of best decisions I have ever made and here is why.
    I was told there were 3 teams, Peoplesoft, SAP, and Oracle. After starting, I was told I would build a database of qualified candidates for a technology that we were breaking into. Unfortunately, only myself and maybe 2-3 new sales reps started building out that technology. I was told to make up jobs to gain info about people which did not sit well with me. Another con to this was never even having a chance to earn a commission check. (for the record, I earn TWICE as much at my newer position.)
    A second and very strong reason why I left is because there were many times I felt discriminated against as a woman. I was repeatedly sexually harassed by a male co-worker in front of others and no one said a thing.
    Unless some serious changes have been made since I left, I would not recommend anyone accept an employment offer from Edgerock.

Advice to Management

There's a reason Edgerock has high turnover and it's not because it's the norm in staffing. Dedicate more time and resources to ongoing training and spend time with the newer employees instead of spending all your time with the senior level folks. Help the newer hires create a definitive ramp up plan that will give them the confidence and benchmarks necessary to make deals and earn a commission check.
    Also, having a dedicated person to speak to privately about sexual harassment would've been very nice.

"Don't get to confotable"

Former Employee - CSM in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - CSM in Tampa, FL

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were fun and inviting, good culture.

Cons

Feed you a bs line on how you can make so much money, and so on. The truth only a few people make money, the days of everyone making money are gone, sales our down there like every other staffing company out there. The training was horrible just power point after powerpoint with a couple sessions with a trainer normally was on a call not in person. The sell it as normal office hours but want you to come in early n stay late ( there hours are 8-5:30) if you don't work more its frowned upon. There is a huge lack of structure basically go through some training and good luck go dial 150 times a day all day everyday. Management will turn on you in a second. Watch out for the CEO one thing he is two faced. Have a feeling there is some big changes coming.

Advice to Management

Spend some real money invest in a whole new training program, set define territories, have a better structure.

"Sales Team"

Former Employee - CSM in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - CSM in Boston, MA

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The strength of EdgeRock is their seniority. Both Josh and Jay Hulme, David Diaz, and Nick Clement are exceptional resources in helping you learn and grow at EdgeRock. Excellent advice, wealth of experience, and proven success in the industry are things they bring to the table. Having access to them is critical to succeeding there and a major draw for staying. They were my draw to the company and are proof that the process works.

I'm exceedingly grateful for the opportunity to work there, however for a shor ttime. Their process most certainly works if you put the time in, listen to senior management (both delivery and sales), and are smart enough to both ask questions and learn from them.

Once you've proven you can pay attention, show up on time, and begin earning money for the company, you afforded and exceptional amount of flexibility, comraderie, and positive feedback. In short, it does feel great to succeed there - especially given the casual, but results driven atmosphere. I franklt left because I was given a better offer elsewhere, but not for lack of success. I would recommend people work here if you can make it through the training and immediately have access to the right members of senior staff to guide your development.

Cons

Lackluster training, 8-5:30 workday, little to no benefits besides generous commission structure.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up. The staff are doing the best they can, but they are not training professionals. Reading off of a powerpoint for 8+ hours a day is not pedgogically viable. People 100% will not learn. There are studies done on this. The money needs to be spent for interactive, scenario-based training that is conducted - or at the very least curated - by senior staff. Make someone an offer they can't refuse to be a training advisor. Any of the people mentioned would be a welcome asset to a training that saw me trying to hit KPI's for the first three months, but not actually learn how to sell.

Additionally, the office hours are cumbersome. I understand that sales is 100% about volume, but a better-educated and loyal sales stuff is significantly more worthwhile than the extra hour that is required of the sales staff. Knowing a company cares about your well-being and work life balance instills loyalties in a job that can be a grind at times.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is helpful, top performers are rewarded for their great work. If you are on top of your game you can make good money after an 8 month ramp-up.

Cons

Significantly lacking a company culture here. Very little investment in the employees. A catered lunch is rare and so is getting let out early, especially on Fridays. It's now very KPI driven and if the goals aren't met employees now feel punished. Upper management are only focused on results and to be honest they are not keeping up with trends in this industry. The process is very old school. Stay away from this place.

Advice to Management

employees stay when they feel appreciated

8. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Pros

EdgeRock has a fantastic work environment, it makes you extremely motivated.

Cons

The only thing missing is more office space.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at EdgeRock Technology Partners full-time

Pros

There is the opportunity to make a lot of commissions! My manager, Alex, is the best! It's a fun work environment and a beautiful office space!

Cons

We need more office space, the office is getting crowded with all the hiring and growth

Advice to Management

Don't hold on to people that aren't producing

10. "Great Opportunity with Great Earning Potential"

Pros

Great opportunities to start or continue your career with great earnings potential.

Cons

Not for everyone but for those willing to work smart and "do the job" the rewards are great