Edgewood Management Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Manager"

I have been working at Edgewood Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Centrally located
    Flexible hours
    Good Bonuses
    Family oriented

Cons

Pay is not up to industry standards for some positions. It is very subjective and not necessarily based on experience. Company is going through a lot of growing pains and unfortunately they are not making the best decisions. There is a lack of training for new staff which makes it difficult for every other department within the organization. Could be an amazing company again but they need to focus on employees and not be so greedy with feeling the need to take on new business all the time. They need to take the time to fix what's broken then move forward in a positive and productive manner.

2. "My Thoughts"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Edgewood Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my office and maintenance staff. We have a great team that works well together.
    I appreciate the opportunity to get into a new career.

Cons

Lack of support and training from upper management
    Lack of growth potential
    Low pay rate

Advice to Management

Structure management and make sure that regional managers are actively involved in all of their properties
    Created a structured training program so that employees don't feel as though they constantly have to figure out how to do their job. Especially new employees

3. "Not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Edgewood Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are ok but not the best for families and can be expensive. Hourly rate is not that bad. When I was employed their team meant nothing.

Cons

Buffalo is isolated from the rest of the company. I'm sure that they won't have this property under their management much longer.

Advice to Management

Be available

5. "Property Manager"

I have been working at Edgewood Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some in management are responsive and care about their people.

Cons

Willing to sacrifice employees to keep bad owners and will not stand up for the employees onsite to upper management or other departments

Advice to Management

Listen to the onsite teams. They are the backbone of your company. Don't let the support functions (accounting, compliance, and IT) make their lives unnecessaly difficult. Also RPM's should be required to visit their sites regularly. It shouldn't be three months before my regional visits their site and there should be oversight from executive management.

"Site only"

Pros

Regional and Managers will do there best to support you.

Cons

Corporate Is set up to support corporate, they do not care about the site. They set new policies that will save 2 hours of time for corporate, but will add 2 hours of time to every site, All reports need to be submitted several times under several different formats. Regional managers do not get what they need and property personal use their on resources to take care of the residents and assets.

Advice to Management

Go to the sites see what they need, have an open door policy that work when you want to present an issue not just on the way out the door. Use the new technologies as few reports s possible and assign the cells to go to who needs them. The information is already on the computers.

7. "Operations"

I have been working at Edgewood Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like that fact that Edgewood is growing. The company has a very family friendly culture and the benefits are awesome!

Cons

when I started some processes wasn't in place so it was a difficult start for me. Since then the company has hired a training department dedicated to onboarding new hires, and made the new process seamless.

Advice to Management

Continue putting your employees first.

8. "No Issues"

Current Employee - Senior Community Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Community Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Edgewood Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of paid time off, great people to work with. If you know what your doing and understand how to run a business, you will be very well taken care of.

Cons

If you need your hand held, you will not succeed with Edgewood! There is a lot of Senior Employees who are very hesitant to change and they do not like to embrace technology,

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and removing the "we've done it this way forever people".

9. "experinced, smart, teamplayer, selfsarter"

I worked at Edgewood Management full-time

Pros

enjoys the challenge of working on new projects, and the having the satisfaction of team building,

Cons

detail sensitive projects, that are passed down from senior management on short notice, with a short turnaround time

Advice to Management

give time to get best results

10. "Can use some work"

Pros

Culture, Salary, Benefits, Family friendly, Training, Paid holiday

Cons

Too top heavy
    A lot of turnover
    Hard to get promoted
    Long hours

Advice to Management

Implement an exit interview to reduce turnover

11. "Terrible experience."

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Edgewood Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits seemed good until I started at my new company- 100% better now. So even benefits aren't a pro.

Nothing else to praise.

Cons

Completely incompetent, ineffective and unprofessional leadership. They hire people who are change agents, and they put up every road block possible to prevent them from doing their job. So much leadership turnover as a result. Complete misrepresentation of what they are looking for at the interview- new team members are set up to fail.

Advice to Management

Hard to give advice when management is the issue. Replace nice but ineffective and constantly absent CEO. Diversify leadership and embrace different thoughts and opinions. If you don't want to change, stop hiring people under the premise that they should implement changes.