Edley’s Bar-B-Que Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"#bestbbqintown"

I worked at Edley’s Bar-B-Que full-time

Pros

Great place to work with fun people

Cons

It is a restaurant so physically demanding

2. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Edley’s Bar-B-Que (Less than a year)

Pros

I am ecstatic with my decision to join this company. I have been in the industry for many years, and this is by far the most energetic and dynamic environment.

Cons

The food is awesome, and I will prob gain weight

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the vibe strong and the standards high.

3. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Director of Catering in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director of Catering in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Edley’s Bar-B-Que full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Edley's is honestly the greatest place I've ever worked. The owners are the best people I have ever worked for and I truly love my job. I love the family environment and it is really just a fun place to work. It is definitely busy, but it makes the time go by fast and it feels really great when you all pull together as a team on a really busy shift.

I started working for this company as a cashier. I quickly advanced to a food runner, then to a lead expo, worked the back line a few times, and am now the Director of Catering. I love the creative freedom I am given, and I am truly so invested in this company. It is hard work, but it is totally worth it. If you work hard and are dedicated to the company, there is lots of room for growth.

Cons

In order to work here, you have to be prepared for a high-volume environment. It is always pretty busy, but it makes the time fly by!

4. "Edley's Bar-B-Que"

I worked at Edley’s Bar-B-Que full-time

Pros

Great team environment both with coworkers and management. Everyone has a genuine respect of what everyone else is doing. Staff all gets along. Ownership is very involved and always looking at new and exciting ways to enhance the Edley's brand. Management is very supportive and are always willing to help. Everyone who works/worked there is considered part of the Edley's family, which is a good feeling.

Cons

When it's busy, things can get a bit hectic and stressful at times. Other than that it is a relaxed atmosphere while still getting the job done efficiently and effectively.

5. "Front and Back of House"

Former Employee - Front and Back of House in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Front and Back of House in Nashville, TN

Pros

-Fast paced work environment
    -Sense of pride and ownership in your work on the busiest nights
    My two years working at Edley's made me a better. I worked harder than I have ever worked before and I made some close friends along the way. Employees at Edley's must buy into the system in order to be successful. Nothing less than your best work will be accepted. Below is a general list of pros:
     -Edley's is a family
    -You will establish long-term relationships with your co-workers
    -If you do your job well you can always come back
    -There is a solid tip share on top of hourly wage
    -Utarius Craven is a great guy

Cons

The only major issue I had with Edley's was the lack of communication between management and employees. There were times where I would tell a manager well in advance that I couldn't work a shift and that information would never make it into the right hands. Below is a list of cons.
     -Somewhat disorganized when it comes to scheduling
    -Work days can be very long...but rewarding
    -If you have any special requests (scheduling or otherwise) you have to stay on the managers constantly

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to maintain a level of consistency with scheduling. There are also times when management does not communicate with all team members effectively. UT needs to be the unifying voice for all of Edley's management. Sometimes employee requests don't make it into the right hands when information is being passed from manager to manager. I would say that all Edley's managers are great people who genuinely care about the employees and treat them with respect.

Edley’s Bar-B-Que Response

Apr 5, 2016 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you very much for letting us know how your time with the Edley's family went. The detail of your review is very appreciated. Of course we love (and agree) with all of the great things you had... More