Edmonds Community College Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Oharah

1. "Great Place but difficukt to move up"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at. It is a friendly environment!

Cons

It is difficult to get a full time job in IT.

2. "Front Office Assistant"

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and stable job

Cons

Not much work to do.

3. "Engineering Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engineering department head focused on making engineers (or at least the first stage of the process).

Cons

Pay is abysmal, but the position is P/T, so that's the reality. One needs at least TWO sections to survive in this area. Teaching philosophy is very supportive of the students, but - in my opinion - coddles them. When these students transfer to University, they are going to meet ugly realities. On the other hand, the engineering department is painfully aware of all this. They do the best they can.

4. "Database Administrator"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College full-time

Pros

The Application Development Services team is very good. The network department is a work in progress.

Cons

Edmonds is a small college and the compensation is lower than other community colleges and much lower than the general IT industry.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be based on actual employee performance and contribution rather than just longevity.

5. "IT Analyst/IT specialist IV"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Lynwood Center, WA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Lynwood Center, WA

Pros

Very easy, relaxed, good benefits, (almost) free class, decent pay

Cons

No incentives so nobody wants to improve, everyone is complacent--you will become like this.

Advice to Management

Managers are not in control of any of my complaints, so I don't really have any advice to give

6. "Friendly & helpful environment with lots of new teacher support & materials"

Current Contractor - English Teacher in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Contractor - English Teacher in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful teachers, administrators, & staff who were all really supportive and helpful. They have a lead teacher who will help you prepare for everything, from the syllabus and curriculum, to lesson plans and activities!

Cons

The shared common work room was a new concept for me. Although I fully understand why they need that (so many teachers throughout the day and no way to provide personal computers for everyone), it was annoying and time consuming to put all of your stuff away and take it out before/after every class (if they can find you room in a cupboard). Also, some computers may or may not be actually hooked up correctly to printers, etc. Other than that, I felt attendance was an issue (perhaps because it is a community college and not a university?) more so than other places I've taught. Next time, I would be stricter.

7. "Great Benefits and Dedicated People"

Current Employee - Instructor in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing management, people, and everyone is passionate about their job.

Cons

Being a part time employee it's hard to know when/what classes you are teaching until the very last minute.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the younger generation and their ideas of making a department better.

8. "A good start to my education and professional career"

Current Employee - Writing Assistant in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Writing Assistant in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid-back, easygoing work environment. My supervisor was very adapt at both running her department but not over-working or stepping on the staff.

Cons

Pay was low at the time, but it was part-time student work. I felt like there was no room for growth without first finishing my studies.

Advice to Management

No real advice here, everything seemed to run like a well-oiled, if large, machine.

9. "Great Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job is easy, positive environment, great work balance. Lots of vacation time and I am free to use it whenever I want. That is Great!!

Cons

Procedures and computer software are antiquated. Circa 1988. They still have documents that need to be “typed”

10. "Amazing place to work for! (No doubt.)"

Current Employee - Student Assistant in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Edmonds Community College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, this space right here would NOT fit all the things I found great about Edmonds Community College. Having both studied and worked at the college, I can say that Edmonds Community College has the following strong suits and values:
    - Great Work Environment and People
    - Organized Company Structure and Systems
    - Work/Life Balance, Travel Opportunities
    - Clear Vision, Mission and CORE Values
    - Clear teaching directions & committees
    - Great health care benefits and training
    - Career Advancement / Growth Opportunities
    - Great Payscale for almost every level at the college
    - Great 10-year / long-term plans and strategies
    - ...and so many more!!!

Cons

Edmonds Community College has expansive ways to grow according to its potentials...
    It has changed from being constructive to being more collaborative as an organization. Therefore, these changes have to be supported at every level and in every department at the college... Many efforts and investments have been done, however, there are still some many inefficient pipelines that can be reduced.

Advice to Management

I am overall satisfied with my career and study journey spent at Edmonds Community College.
    I encourage my fellow friends looking at this review to join Edmonds Community College. I definitely would recommend it with an open set of arms and heart! :-)