Edmunds.com Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.1
Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf
Avi Steinlauf
Pros
  • "ROWE (results only work environment) allows for flexible schedule and remote options even prior to covid(in 52 reviews)

• "The work/life balance is the best I've seen or heard of(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A lot of the great work that happens in the office doesn't always translate well when we interact with dealers and customers(in 14 reviews)

• "Edmunds is located in Santa Monica(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Amazing Work Life Balance and Learning Opportunities

Oct 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Edmunds really takes care of their employees, especially during remote work in the pandemic. There are small things like Thinking Thursdays and extending Summer Fridays that really help with recharging and becoming a more productive worker. I was beyond burnt out from my previous company because of being overworked in a remote environment, which I imagine a lot of people are facing right now. Quitting that job and being hired at Edmunds has completely changed that, and my work-life balance is so amazing now. Meetings are focused and productive, deadlines and expectations are manageable, and I feel very rewarded for the work that I am doing. Weekly departmental and Cadillac Catch-up meetings with the CEO have been great for fostering innovation and cross-pollination of different domains. Coming from a fast-paced product-driven company, this has been amazing to experience, with time in the week actually dedicated towards growth and learning outside of immediate job responsibilities. The people here are some of the smartest and respectful people I have ever worked with, and as a remote new-hire I have felt super welcomed, especially with the Workplace Experience and PITSTOP teams making the transition very easy and accommodating during my onboarding.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at times when ramping up on automotive domain knowledge (especially for newcomers), internal Edmunds tooling, and documentation on all of the different processes and systems, but this has been getting better with time and experience. My advice for new hires is to be mindful of the Dunning-Kruger effect and to have a growth mindset.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company Culture

May 4, 2021 - Account Representative in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, competitive pay, positive culture

Cons

Must hit goals every month. Doesn't matter what you did previous month.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture, Training, and Management.

Apr 11, 2021 - Sales Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Edmunds has been a great company to work for. The training, management, and culture is second to none.

Cons

I have had no cons to speak of.

4. 5.0

Dealer Success Specialist

Apr 13, 2021 - Dealer Success Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. Takes care of their people.

Cons

Been here for3 years and don't have any complaints.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A great company!

Apr 28, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have great benefits and are in a great location.

Cons

They weren't always clear on how the company would achieve their long term goals.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Apr 5, 2021 - Senior Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible, fun, and rewarding!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Has potential to be Great!

Oct 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Most employees are friendly, intelligent and team players - Senior leadership cares and makes an effort to stay connected to all employees by hosting weekly meetings - going over business updates, health & wellness opportunities, fun games, and even gave us half day Friday’s for several months during Covid - Edmunds is a leader in the automotive space - with the best editorial team around! - CarMax partnership established earlier this year has proven to be successful - As an individual contributor - if you stick your neck out to get involved & contribute to projects beyond your day to day responsibilities, there is a lot to learn and great people to learn from. - ROWE (results only work environment) allows for flexible schedule and remote options even prior to covid. That doesn’t mean you don’t work hard or long sometimes! It just means that the company is very understanding & no one gives you a hard time about balancing your work hours. - Benefits are great and they provide 401k matching

Cons

- Little to no recognition. Expectation to go “above and beyond” yet no career guidance, encouragement, or structure for growth. - Disconnect between some management can be frustrating - If you want to grow, you need to make it happen for yourself - Compensation could be better, but benefits (like Rowe) balance that out

Continue reading
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

What a Hot Mess

Dec 15, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rowe was great before it was taken away Pay was pretty good for the market, but bonuses were taken away after the company started experiencing headwinds in 2017 Work life balance was pretty amazing This was a great place to work prior to fall of 2017

Cons

Leadership has zero long term vision. The entire company once paused working on anything meaningful to pursue chatbots for half of a year while other competitors are Edmunds’ lunch. What’s really upsetting is that all of the senior leadership that allowed the company to sink are still with the company! As a result of this, there is not much career mobility at all. There have been 2 rounds of layoffs one in 2017 and one in 2020, with the 2020 layoffs being the most severe. As others have stated, an email was sent out over holiday break detailing that there would be layoffs making everyone fear for their jobs and basically ruining any semblance of the holiday.

Continue reading
      11 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

A Great Place to Work

Feb 1, 2021 - Anonymous in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a reason Edmunds is recognized as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. The Company values flexibility and wellness. There are weekly offerings geared at supporting employees' personal and professional growth.

Cons

We haven't been able to enjoy the beautiful office due to COVID-19, but the Company has been creative with ways to keep us all connected and engaged. They also made sure we have all the tools we need to do our jobs effectively from home.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great culture

Mar 26, 2021 - Operations Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling allows for great work life balance

Cons

It’s easy to get complacent

Viewing 1 - 10 of 306 Reviews