Edmunds.com "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Edmunds.com Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Feb 5, 2020

3.6
Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf
Avi Steinlauf
Pros
  • "Finally, I want to say something about our Results Only Work Environment(in 50 reviews)

• "The work/life balance is the best I've seen or heard of(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "A lot of the great work that happens in the office doesn't always translate well when we interact with dealers and customers(in 13 reviews)

• "Edmunds is located in Santa Monica(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Incredible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work/life balance is the best I've seen or heard of. In addition to having great hours and flexible working from home policies, the Santa Monica office has tons of different work spaces — outdoors, comfy couches, swinging chairs, a library, bike and treadmill desks, and quiet rooms — so you never feel chained to your assigned desk. Edmunds is strongly based on transparency and growth, both individually and as a company. So, you always know how the company is doing and you get a real sense of how your work aligns with the company goals. Individually speaking, there are always opportunities for the employees to set personal goals in order to grow within the company. If there's a skill, software, or program you're interesting in learning, the managers will go out of their way to make that possible. Overall, I've always felt extremely supported and well taken care of, which makes me take great pride in the work that I do. AND, as an added bonus, the people are super smart and really fun to work with :)

Cons

I have yet to experience any downsides to working at Edmunds. It's a place I can see myself working at for years to come.

Edmunds.com2019-07-09

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many good things about Edmunds. Great work/life balance, so many talented people and the opportunity to have a real impact.

Cons

The company has made a lot of tough changes recently, but I’m excited for what the future holds.

Edmunds.com2020-02-06

"Poor leadership/poor decisions"

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers- good pay/benefits. Good work/life balance (but thats based on who you report to)

Cons

Pitiful upper management/leadership. This once great Brand has been run into the ground from years of poor leadership....going ALL the way up. In a very competitive and every changing vertical, the leadership has literally remained unchanged, even through this latest round of layoffs. The issues are many. Poor performing old product set, deteriorating culture, no room for personal or professional growth, and poor leadership. All of this combined spells doom, The latest changes addressed none of those issues. The same people in place ...making the same poor business decisions. Its a sad situation, and i feel for anyone still there.

Edmunds.com2020-01-15

"This is an honest review. I hope this helps fellow job seekers."

Former Employee - Data Service Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool building and a lot of free food.

Cons

I was told that I would be able to learn SQL and a lot of other useful skills that would continue to help me grow professionally. Additionally, I was told that the work life balance was great due to their ROWE policy. I was also advised that their training was top notch and that they would allow me time to learn the role while providing attainable performance goals. This was not my experience. In terms of useful skills, this role was 50% waiting on hold from external inventory providers, while the other half was doing endless task from a queue to fix various discrepancies on the Edmunds.com website. I never dealt with databases or SQL EVER. Next, the ROWE policy is an excuse not to give employees time off. Result oriented work environment. If you get your work done, you get time off. Sounds good unless you are never done with your work. I worked 60 hours a week at that office and had to take home a laptop and do additional work after I got home. Its a salary position so forget about OT. Finally, the training I got was rushed, non specific, and from individuals who had worked there multiple years and didn't want to train people. Not to mention half the people in the department were fired while I was there. Fortunately, I found a job and quit before I received the boot as well. Those were all hard working and intelligent people who didn't deserve the treatment they got.

Edmunds.com2019-09-22

"Best Job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard work is rewarded and acknowledged, good people, good culture, opportunities for development, work/life balance, perks, great benefits, clear vision and feeling of 'togetherness'. I've really enjoyed working here and have always had a fairly positive outlook on the state of the company (despite others opinions). I've worked for not so great companies in the past, ones where I was constantly micro-managed and belittled. Coming to Edmunds was like a breath of fresh air. I've never worked for a company that values my hard work as much as Edmunds does. This is the longest I've ever worked for a company because the people/culture is one that is hard to leave. Also everyday presents a new challenge and I love it.

Cons

Can't think of any honestly. I've been here over 3 years and I don't have any complaints.

Edmunds.com2019-07-10

"Good work/life balance. Unrealistic goals, core product performs poorly"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work/life balance is good. There are some good people to work with

Cons

lack of direction supported by a thought out strategy and implementation plan. issues with product performance and development. unrealistic KPI's

Edmunds.com2019-03-05

"My favorite job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Edmunds has been an amazing place to launch my career. I'm truly proud of the work I've done, how much I've grown, how much Edmunds has invested in me, and all of the talented people I work with. The work life balance here is wonderful. I not only look forward to coming to work, but I love doing what I do and feel supported by my manager. The office is stunning. While we have an open floor plan there are many private areas you can work in as well. Working from home is always an option too. Compensation and benefits seem to be on par with other larger tech companies.

Cons

The recent layoffs in October really shocked a lot of people. Some products seem to get created hastily without much thought only to be shut down soon after being released. Upward mobility seems a little unclear for the time being.

Edmunds.com2018-04-12

"Edmunds is one of the best companies I have worked for"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Despite some recent hiccups (like most companies experience) Edmunds is by far one of the best places to work. I have been with the company over 2 years now and can honestly say I have never worked for a company that sincerely offers work- life balance; with an extremely competitive pay plan; and a true intent to be innovative and aware of the constantly evolving industry.

Cons

Product needs attention... but the company is well aware and addressing this every day with enhancements and major improvements.

Edmunds.com2018-04-04

"On the right track"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance Fantastic office space High visibility Aggressive growth goals

Cons

Top heavy Product and Executive leadership need more strategic and visionary people. This is perhaps the biggest area of improvement and I believe the company realizes that, they have brought in some new folks and it does feel like that we have a unified strategy instead of siloed goals. There is still work to be done but it's a decent start

Edmunds.com2018-03-30

"Manager"

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

ROWE - work/life balance

Cons

The company is too to heavy sometimes

Edmunds.com2018-01-25