Cover image for Education Elements

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Surrounded by great people/ great culture(in 6 reviews)
  • "Friendly employees who will go out of their way to help you if you reach out to them.(in 2 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Jul 10, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team environment. Leadership values the voice you all teammates.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

High staff turnover and burnout

Nov 1, 2021 - Design Principal in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place for flexibility and pay bump if you are looking to enter private industry or consulting space from the classroom or a school district.

Cons

The business sells more work than it has the hours or experience to staff and burns out employees. More veteran team members say this how it has always been. A lack of consistent management structures means work is unequally spread across the team and promotions are based on relationships rather than performance.

Education Elements Response

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We value all feedback and want to work with individuals to address concerns. There are mechanisms to share concerns - office hours, 1-1s, team meetings, etc. - and people who are focused on examining our systems to identify gaps and work towards solutions. We encourage you to reach out so we can work together towards improvements.

3. Join the Education Elements team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Flexible and Fun

Apr 5, 2021 - Design Principal in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, Innovative, Responsive Organization, Client Relationships

Cons

Busy working hours, a lot of travel, not a lot of room to move up in the company

Education Elements Response

Collaborative, innovative, responsive - we attribute these qualities to the amazing team that we have. Because of these qualities, we have been able to develop deep client relationships. We are constantly working to make improvements that best meet our client’s needs, provide growth opportunities for our consultants and innovate on new ways to deliver services. Some of these changes take time to develop but please know the we are here to listen to evolving needs and collaborate to create solutions.

5. 3.0

no headline

Apr 7, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

smart people, lots of professional growth for yourself

Cons

lack of solid, important structures (i.e. performance reviews) and lots of ambiguity - get very tiring after awhile

3 people found this review helpful

Education Elements Response

Thank you for your review! Yes we have incredibly smart people and seek to create an environment that fosters personal growth. We are happy to hear that has been your experience! To continue to support that culture of learning, we are working towards more defined structures that meet the needs of our growing team.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Responsive organization

Jun 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is dedicated to employee development & empowerment. They have built decentralized decision making structures and give employees ample opportunities to work outside of their designated lanes.

Cons

The extra work outside of your designated role can be burdensome to manage.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

company culture

Mar 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great cutlture, great work life balance, flexible hours

Cons

they don't seems to know what they are doing in technology field, needs lot of improvements. Most of the people seem to be friend of CEO

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not much going on

Feb 26, 2018 - Devops Engineer in San Carlos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy over what you want to work on Relaxed working environment Free lunch once a week Flexible working hours

Cons

Not much going on with very few users are using the product Low enthusiasm in the team

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Place

Oct 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work conditions, great CEO

Cons

A little too politically correct.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Directionless, motivationless selfish environment

Aug 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Umm..... can not think of any. Except for may be they are close to Hiller museum food trucks. Get free food once a week.

Cons

If you are a tech person, this is not a place for you. Everyone here works in a constant fear and tries to do all tasks by themselves by working long hours. Why do they do that you ask? No trust in team. No trust on management. Well to be fair, leadership is weak. Have no sense of direction. Absolutely no focus on big picture. If you are person who is serious about your career, this is no place for you .

7 people found this review helpful

Education Elements Response

We are sorry to hear that you feel that way. We strive to make Ed Elements a place where people love what they do, trust each other, and work together to help us with our vision - to create dynamic school systems and have a lasting impact on the lives of the students, teachers and leaders within them. We are always open to direct feedback so please let us know if you have suggestions for improvement.

11. 3.0

Great Mission, Typical Startup Feel

Jun 24, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Education Elements has a great mission, working hard to help clients improve learning experiences and outcomes for all students. -Management is open to feedback, and constantly evolving as a result. Management tries hard to be honest and transparent about changes and company outlook. -There is lots of opportunity for growth. Be ready to grow! -Lots of very intelligent hardworking people.

Cons

-Five years in, but still has the pains of a typical startup. There currently exists a lack of structure in many areas. While there is a desire to improve this, there isn't really a clear path to get there. -Very long hours. Everyone is expected to be a salesperson all of the time. Services roles are not ideal for someone who is not interested in upselling or "schmoozing" with clients as this is expected of everyone. This is unfortunate as it can push away those who might be of great service otherwise.

Education Elements Response

Thank you for your feedback. I know many of us love working for a company that is, as you mention, mission-oriented and working towards something so important - how we can work with school systems to improve learning for students. I appreciate your advice. We will continue to be transparent and use our weekly Friday company meetings as a way to communicate; but will continue to look for other vehicles as well. I hope the new addition of both GSD Friday afternoons, as well as the Train Your Brain monthly afternoons, help to address some of the concerns about hours as well as the need for PD. Keep the ideas coming - we are listening and doing what we can to make it an even better place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews
</>Embed

Education Elements Reviews FAQs

Education Elements has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Education Elements to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Education Elements employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Education Elements. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

70% of Education Elements employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Education Elements 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Education Elements to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Education Elements Job Seekers