EducationDynamics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Bruce Douglas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company cares about the employees and believes in a strong work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• work from home options when needed (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management- sometimes they are very close-minded and only care about the financials (in 9 reviews)

• Organizational changes are frequent, technological limitations, compensation structure is not competitive (in 3 reviews)

"erratic management, good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people with a lot of heart and passion for their work, free snacks, decent benefits

Cons

constantly struggling to stay afloat, poor management which likes to micro manage, low pay, high turnover

Advice to Management

give people breathing room todo their jobs, drive solutions from the top down

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

While we appreciate your comments, we are rightfully concerned about some of the statements you have made. Therefore, we strongly encourage all of our employees to contact our Human Resources... More

"On the way back up"

Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall improved morale in the Boca and other main offices. More focus on employees following summer 2016 layoffs, tough job with a smaller HR team!

We've done a good job of righting the ship and most feel that we we are doing more with less (more responsibilities but increased opportunities for pay). Still we could use another handful of people to get operations moving forward faster.

People are excited as we work with more and more non-profit and traditional schools. The type that one would be proud to go to and work with.

Cons

Still need resources, things are falling through the cracks and eventually may cause larger issues. Especially on client facing teams like SAS and the (more) fully managed contact centers.

Not necessarily people, but improving technology beyond on archaic lead tracking/media buying/accounting systems.

Advice to Management

People are pretty happy, keep the momentum going! I'd like to think that goes for new hires and veterans as well.

CEO is no longer Tom, but the rating stays the same. Bruce is a friendly manager and a great strategist as far as my dealings go.

Him and the rest and of executive team are approachable and great resources, but often its clear they put their own bonuses and friends before what may be best for the organization. Too much focus on hitting short term revenue and net number goals leaves internal teams and clients out to dry on many occasions. Of course there is pressure from the larger owners that makes this required.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and sincere. People bend over backwards to help each other. Good communication. You can always get an answer to a question. They adhere to the highest quality standards.

Cons

None - I would work there again.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people. You've done a good job weeding out the negative influences. Keep it up!

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments.

"In the middle"

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time

Pros

I read quite a few reviews and I understand where people are coming from. Each team has it's own dynamic/culture and if you fit into that mold then everything is fine, when you don't then you hate it. Overall, the people are pretty cool and depending on your department, you will be okay. If you don't mind working hard and you are eager to learn something new then it might be a good fit. If you're lazy please do not apply. If you don't like to follow orders even when you know it's not the best use of your time, don't apply. If you cannot conform into standard Corporate America politics then do not apply, and good luck out there because there will always be something in the work environment that reminds you of High School. Think of the movie Mean Girls, if you can smile through the pain and fake it until you make it, then you will be welcomed with open arms.

Cons

As mentioned, I understand where people are coming from. There is a lot of pressure and it runs down-hill. Sometimes we are putting out so many fires we don't stop to think if what we are doing is actually helpful/useful. People are stressed out. If you make the company money then you are favored. Some managers are tough and make you work hard. Some are just the cancer that needs to be removed ASAP. There's quite a bit of favoritism and make sure you do not upset these "privileged" few nor their minions or there goes your job.

Advice to Management

Good luck. I know you're stressed and I don't see any resolution except to evaluate what didn't work in the past. Also, try to work with your team more.... instead of stressing them out.

5. "A Great Place to Build Skills"

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time

Pros

This company is not afraid to try new things as a result you get to learn a lot! Experienced employees are always willing to help you conquer new challenges.

Cons

The desire to constantly try new things creates some chaos and there are communication breakdowns that tend to occur during moments of high stress.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on making sure your employees feel valued.

6. "Good Company Great People"

Pros

Worked with some really great people.

Cons

Limited Growth Opportunity. Grow talent from within

"Stat away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm no longer working here!

Cons

This company is a joke! Favoritism is always apparent in all corporate decisions. They don't care about any type of professional development for their employees. They make organizational changes that make no sense only to play into keeping their buddies afloat in the company.

Advice to Management

Not wasting my time to give advice to them because they don't consider anyone's thoughts or opinions to be of any value.

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

8. "Solid, adaptive company"

Current Employee - Director in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about the employees and believes in a strong work-life balance. Focused on being the top in the industry and adhering to ethical standards.

Cons

The focus of maximizing profit sometimes gets in the way of the original message I was told: "Students first."

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the bigger picture. Don't lose site of the end user.

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments.

9. "great environment!"

Pros

friendly staff, nice office, great place overall

Cons

really wasnt any cons that i saw

Advice to Management

keep it up

"This great company suffered a rough 2015 and has uncertainty around recent sale"

Former Employee - Account Management in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Management in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for growth do exist, despite what many people think, but (like at most companies) you need to 1. show your worth 2. have a good relationship with your boss 3. make it happen yourself

New owners could be good for the company's overall management and strategy

Flexible work hours + work from home options when needed

Some good people remain (though far, far fewer since prior to 2015)

SAAS product shows promising future (GlassPanel), maybe even enough to counter the shrinking lead gen core business

Cons

Management made big decisions for short term gain, which will be tough to overcome in the next several quarters. Enrollment data will shape up in 30-120 days to lead to further unhappy clients, less or no growth, etc.

New owners were fed a pretty version of what EDDY really is now. May be in for a very rough awakening in 2016.

Everyone is a Director and titles are being thrown around with little/no meaning (i.e. Director who have no direct reports, lowest level workers being pushed to do the work of 3-4 people with little or no reward)

No one is accountable. Whenever something goes wrong, everyone points the finger and tries to save their own behinds. Culture used to be more team oriented. They may say they are team oriented, but real decisions are fueled by personal gain especially.

There are plenty of reasons why dozens of people have left EDDY in Q3/Q4 of 2015...

Advice to Management

Think about what decisions you made throughout the sale of the company and continue to do damage control.

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

For a company that has been a pioneer in its’ industry, and one that also experienced, change; challenges exist. However, the commitment of visionary leadership, coupled with a team of passionate... More