EducationDynamics Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 25, 2018

2.7
Bruce Douglas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people are pretty nice, although literally everyone hates their job" (in 2 reviews)

• "There are plenty of snacks, free coffee and other drinks, ect" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "All this company cares about are their lead numbers (how many individuals" (in 2 reviews)

• "A high level person sent out an email to everyone with all salaries shown" (in 2 reviews)

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been working with EdDy for a few years in multiple roles. Lots of flexibility and growth depending on your group but definitely need to put in some effort to standout to your direct managers and exec team. Not a very process driven organization. If that’s your thing you’ll have plenty of fun building out your own systems and strategies (possibly a con depending how your work.)

Overall the office is pretty relaxed and casual. Exec team is mostly transparent with company health ( more so than I’ve seen elsewhere at least)

New, much more modern office coming in early 2019 will certainly help how we are perceived both internally and externally.

Cons

Important focus on hitting financial results, so when it does get tight, you lose a bit on the casual and relaxed atmosphere mentioned above.

A couple of teams are running leaner on resources than they should be a lot of the time.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the junior staff ($$$ and skills) when possible

"Don't take a job here unless you're a vp or senior director."

Current Employee - Account in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Account in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are pretty nice, although literally everyone hates their job.

Cons

The management is bad. Pretty much everyone complains that if you're a director or above, you can't get fired, but if you're below, you are expendable. They literally fire lower level people every year to make budget.

A high level person sent out an email to everyone with all salaries shown. Nothing happened. There are also two units of the business that have done nothing but fail and everyone who works in them leaves or is fired - except the incompetent senior directors and vps.

All this company cares about is trying to make budget. No career growth, no mentor type things, team building, bad salaries. Everyone talented leaves. Or gets fired. I'm leaving soon too. Save yourself, don't work here.

Advice to Management

Fire some of your senior directors and vps. Haven't you noticed that continued failure doesn't change when you fire lower level people? Maybe this is a clue that the upper management is awful.

3. "Moving forward"

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time

Pros

The company provides a valuable service to both colleges/universities and students.

Cons

GlassDoor requires a con, but I don't have one...

"High school culture, too much gossip. Poor management. Mice infested office and high turnover."

Pros

Free snacks and work from home options.

Cons

Management doesn’t care about employees. Too much gossip and cliques.

Advice to Management

Establish a better organizational structure

"Hell on earth."

Former Employee - Education Matching Agent in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Education Matching Agent in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, really nice co workers that can relate to how miserable the job is also the building they rented out was so pretty but they are moving to a run down building in 2017. Weekly pay, that's about it.

Cons

This place is a sweat shop and the reason I will never work for another call center again in my life. You literally take probably 400 calls a day talking to ppl who are looking for jobs and get transferred to you with out their knowledge so that you can get cussed out by them because they never wanted to go to school. Calls are literally back to back for 8 hours straight. No bathroom breaks outside of your 15 min break so good luck ladies. I got hired through a Temp agency so although I made $3,000 dollars in commission on top of my hourly every month, they pocketed my money and never gave me a dime. They claim you're temporary for "90 days" just to find out you really have to work about 720 hours which equals to about 5 months no commission. I got hired at $13 an hour and a month later new people were there at $16 an hour. They really don't care about you personally they just use you up until you're miserable then kick you to the cirb. Turn around rate is ridiculous, people quit every week. I really hated going to work every day and will never work at another call center ever again.

Advice to Management

Stop lying about 90 days when you really have to work there for about 5 months before you get commission and hire enough people so the call volume isn't absurdly high

6. "Marketing Associate"

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time

Pros

All the employees here are very professional. They give excellent training about their business. And the culture here is nice, flexible, and friendly. Very nice company.

Cons

Different teams should get involved more with each other.

Sep 18, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback.

"Great Office Culture and Work Life Balance"

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office culture, benefits and growth opportunities. Folks work hard and play hard together.

Cons

That I wasn't working here sooner.....

Advice to Management

Keep moving strategically.

Sep 18, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback.

"erratic management, good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people with a lot of heart and passion for their work, free snacks, decent benefits

Cons

constantly struggling to stay afloat, poor management which likes to micro manage, low pay, high turnover

Advice to Management

give people breathing room todo their jobs, drive solutions from the top down

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

While we appreciate your comments, we are rightfully concerned about some of the statements you have made. Therefore, we strongly encourage all of our employees to contact our Human Resources... More

"On the way back up"

Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at EducationDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall improved morale in the Boca and other main offices. More focus on employees following summer 2016 layoffs, tough job with a smaller HR team!

We've done a good job of righting the ship and most feel that we we are doing more with less (more responsibilities but increased opportunities for pay). Still we could use another handful of people to get operations moving forward faster.

People are excited as we work with more and more non-profit and traditional schools. The type that one would be proud to go to and work with.

Cons

Still need resources, things are falling through the cracks and eventually may cause larger issues. Especially on client facing teams like SAS and the (more) fully managed contact centers.

Not necessarily people, but improving technology beyond on archaic lead tracking/media buying/accounting systems.

Advice to Management

People are pretty happy, keep the momentum going! I'd like to think that goes for new hires and veterans as well.

CEO is no longer Tom, but the rating stays the same. Bruce is a friendly manager and a great strategist as far as my dealings go.

Him and the rest and of executive team are approachable and great resources, but often its clear they put their own bonuses and friends before what may be best for the organization. Too much focus on hitting short term revenue and net number goals leaves internal teams and clients out to dry on many occasions. Of course there is pressure from the larger owners that makes this required.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at EducationDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and sincere. People bend over backwards to help each other. Good communication. You can always get an answer to a question. They adhere to the highest quality standards.

Cons

None - I would work there again.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people. You've done a good job weeding out the negative influences. Keep it up!

Jul 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments.