Eduventures Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Account Director"

Former Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Eduventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Low and mid level employees amazing to work with and talented. Great product/mission.

Cons

Leadership a mess when I was there; might be better now

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to lower level employees

2. "Reorganization challenges"

Pros

There were many talented, smart, and accomplished staff members. Some long time employees and many recent ones as well.

Cons

There seemed to be a general reluctance to upgrade technologies in use, or to hire staff to maintain current systems.

Advice to Management

Invest in smart and talented technologists, and then provide them with the support and tools to be effective.

3. "Interesting work, poor management"

Pros

Interesting work and great colleagues

Cons

Poor management, super top-heavy, lots of turnover

4. "Lots of problems"

I worked at Eduventures full-time

Pros

Disclaimer: The following reflects how Eduventures was during my tenure. I cannot speak to how it is today especially after its recent acquisition by NRCCUA.

Most of my coworkers were intelligent, talented, and fun to work with. The work/life balance was usually reasonable.

Cons

Many of the senior level managers were completely clueless both as leaders and strategists. It was not uncommon to have a new manager every 3-4 months, as that was how frequently the company reorganized. There was virtually zero professional development. People constantly quit and were usually never replaced. Everyone who remained was just asked to do more with less. There was always a sense that the entire business was on the edge of failure and no one had answers.

5. "VP Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holliston, MA

I worked at Eduventures (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible job environment. Great staff. Right mind-set. Always looking for new ideas. Passionate business environment.

Cons

Poorly managed, no direction, lack of service focus, no accountability, former CEO lack of involvement.

6. "Director of Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Eduventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, intelligent and classy people to work with, open minded, lucrative, fun activities after work, exciting field and rewarding job.

Cons

lot of management shift when I worked there made things bit confusing

7. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

I was able to work very closely with my marketing team including my CMO. I was very comfortable with my coworkers and learned a lot from my CMO about the marketing and sales industry. I was treated very well and had the opportunity to work with leading social media and tech platforms. Overall it was an amazing experience!

Cons

Lack of stream lined process.

"Great people. Some great opportunities and some serious problems."

I worked at Eduventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with many excellent, smart, nice people who are passionate about what they do. Had some excellent, caring managers. Good camaraderie among employees. Significant amount of autonomy and ability to learn new skills in a frequently-changing company. Some genuinely exciting projects and opportunities as well as room to innovate and create new projects / engagements on the fly. For all it's problems - and there have been many - I consider it a great job that I'm really glad I took. A new CEO promises a brighter future in 2015 than 2013 & 2014 (many negative reviews on here are from 2014, an unquestionably depressing year for the company; fortunately it has deep-pocketed backers that are still willing to invest in a turnaround).

Cons

The main downside of working at Eduventures was the near-constant change and declining revenues which created, at times, an atmosphere of failure, gloom, frustration and, most of all, inconsistency. A new CEO appeared to be on the right track with fixing some of the problems and winning some clients back, but only time will tell if the ship has been righted. Due to low funding & profitability, there was a lack of investment in research and a hope that sales will save everything (which was tried in the past and failed). High turnover due to burnout and in some cases under-appreciation; there was a lot of frustration among the rank-and-file, and some managers do not listen or appreciate the genuinely good ideas of competent subordinates.

Advice to Management

Invest in research, take care of your best employees and get organized. There was still significant inefficiency and some of us felt that upper management was too detached from the rank-and-file. You need to know what's going on within your domains and what's being said at the other end of the office or on the phone to clients. At the time I left, there were still too many decisions that were under-planned and under-funded that lead to the company not being able to fulfill its promises to the market.

"Train Wreck"

Pros

Well there's a twenty word minimum for "pros"....and I'm having a hard time filling it.

Cons

Actively observing the train wreck that is this company is part entertaining, part really sad and disappointing. Just when you think they can't possibly make worse decisions, the leadership team comes through and does! Now that all of their targets from the previous CEO (who is still listed as the current CEO on here, but left in June) have been ousted, the leadership team has no one else to turn on but themselves. Who's next to go? It's not going to be one of the people the new CEO hired, that's for sure. There's a limited number of options left.

Advice to Management

I don't think any advice will help the management, none of whom have any expertise in the industry they are serving. My advice is for the people who are still there - best case scenario is they are prepping the company to sell. Get out while the getting is good!

"Not up to par with Competition"

I worked at Eduventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, people, people... They hire some of the most talented people around. They are dedicated and passionate about higher ed.

Working from home. There is no question when it comes to working from home. The vacation policy is so lax that they don't even track time.

Cons

They are loosing and have lost some of the brightest talent due to compensation, no definitive vision, terrible product line, and an executive team that no one has faith in.