Eduware Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
William Stevens
1 Rating

1. "Perfect part time job to gain some experience outside the classroom"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Saint James, NY
    Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Saint James, NY

I worked at Eduware part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment.
    Flexible Hours.
    Cool coworkers.

Cons

Pay is a bit on the low side.

2. "Junior Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Smithtown, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Smithtown, NY

I worked at Eduware (More than a year)

Pros

Good team, good atmosphere and good managers

Cons

no trainings low salaries and little marketing budget

Advice to Management

increase the budget for marketing

3. "I worked with some great people, but the management was stifling."

Current Employee - Web Developer in Smithtown, NY
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Smithtown, NY

Pros

He pays relatively well for employees who are still in college.
    You might be able to meet and network with a lot of talented people.

Cons

There is no growth. This is a very small company with very few full-time employees where the office is just one big room.

4. "Eduware is an ever evolving and fast paced company that rewards dedication and ideas."

Current Employee - Media Specialist and Marketing in Smithtown, NY
    Current Employee - Media Specialist and Marketing in Smithtown, NY

Pros

I have worked at Eduware for about half a year now. My favorite part about Eduware is that I feel important to the company. My ideas are heard, as are other employees who step forward. The environment for sharing about improvements and ways to bring in more customers is very open. The people who succeed and do the best at Eduware are the people who are there for more than just a paycheck. One of the most exciting parts of my job is being able to use my talents to the best of their ability. I was hired as an office assistant but have quickly moved through the ranks of the office to work on higher level projects involving media, social networks, and online marketing. I care about the success of this company.

Cons

Sometimes people at Eduware can be very messy. I wish that there was more accountability for keeping your space clean. Also, sometimes the office can get very loud and I feel that I am not able to focus on the tasks at hand. Fortunately, the management allows you to wear headphones and listen to your own music which makes up for the noise levels.

Advice to Management

I think that more of the internal communication and storage of documents should move to the clouds. Using google docs instead of word or excel and sharing documents online instead of putting them on an internal folder.

5. "Great job (not a career), fun people, pretty simple tasks."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithtown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithtown, NY

Pros

Flexible scheduling, laid back environment, morale is improving, young and energetic employees, easy work, little to no stress, work stays at work, good pay. Overall, I feel the Pros outweigh the Cons.

Cons

Lack of organization, lack of communication from office manager to employees, work environment needs to improve (needs cleaning and organizing), programming needs to be improved (using old Microsoft programs with too many issues), boss/owner is really friendly but also has a short fuse and a temper (but I think he's working on it), company tends to hire college students frequently who are smart, but aren't qualified to be creating test questions that teachers will rely on to assess students.

Advice to Management

Let's update our computers and the software we use (out with the old!), take time to really make this place look nice (it will improve morale), we could also use more employees in the "office manager" category - ours is currently severely overworked which isn't helping anyone.

6. "Very innovating projects with excellent people to be working with."

Former Employee - Programmer in Smithtown, NY
    Former Employee - Programmer in Smithtown, NY

Pros

There are very bright people working there that are willing to share information.
    The atmospheric is very friendly and definitely project oriented.

Cons

Owner is a nice guy but can be quick to let some employees go.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time to evaluate employees

7. "."

Current Employee - Programmer in Smithtown, NY
    Current Employee - Programmer in Smithtown, NY

Pros

Interesting products, constant strive to improve

Cons

Lack of organization and clear goals.

Advice to Management

8. "High School, Part-time"

I worked at Eduware part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, decent work, nice office environment (a few cubicles with desk chair, two-monitor computer), managers were nice to work with

Cons

The work in such a position can sometimes be boring or monotonous, but it is certainly never very difficult work.

9. "Good Part Time Job"

Pros

At the time I was working here, I was also a full time student at a university close by. Commuting to and from the campus to the office was very easy and did not take long. Coworkers were very friendly and easy to get along with, making the work environment enjoyable. The hourly wage was very fair for the expected duties.

Cons

The office was a little messy at times, but not so much that it was distracting for me.

10. "A sinking ship"

I worked at Eduware part-time

Pros

Easy, well paying if you are already working here, fun environment on most days, the office manager is very laid back and friendly, almost too friendly... (when the owners are gone, productivity crashes)

Cons

Distracting environment, one big room, THE OLD OWNER PASSED AWAY, NEW MANAGEMENT HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON, not enough vision in the company, not enough staff to handle projects, outdated company! Stupid projects with no project manager, you are on your own.