Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Edward Jones Managing Partner Jim Weddle
Jim Weddle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is a top priority (in 98 reviews)

• Great training program for new advisor (in 133 reviews)

Cons
  • If you would want to be a Financial Advisor you would need to do a lot of door to door cold calls (in 128 reviews)

• Door knocking sucks most of the time (in 137 reviews)

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent for duties.

Cons

Only online training modules; I would have liked training with people

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Edward Jones part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the job & the variety. Love working with clients. I'm lucky because my FA is easy to get along with.

Cons

Each branch is so different. The FA you work for and the size of the branch could make the job totally different.

Advice to Management

They say they pay similar to an executive assistant, but the job requires legal, tax, and financial knowledge at times. The pay is not in line with what is expected.

"Could go either way"

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good for what you do. The benefits are good and the job can be flexible when you need time off.

Cons

If you work for a Financial Advisor you don't like, you are screwed. I worked for one I couldn't stand and it's just you and the FA in the office; no one else. And you can't transfer to another office for a year. There is a lot of down time, depending on how successful your FA is. Mine was a level 3 of 10, so I took like 6 phone calls a day and we maybe had one appointment. All of the training is online so if you have a question, you are again screwed. If a client calls in and you don't know how to help them, you basically have to call them back and then call your mentor or the home office to get your answer. The process is a bit messed up. It can get lonely if you are a people person.

Advice to Management

Find a way for someone to ask questions during training, maybe via chat. I took one training 3 times and still had a hard time passing the quiz. Also, the trainings don't tell you what the correct answers are when you get stuff wrong. Also, a BOA should not be stuck with an FA for a year before being able to transfer. I may have stuck with Edward Jones, but I could not work for my FA an entire year, so I resigned.

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Hixson, TN
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Hixson, TN

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and potential if you have a FA willing to work!!

Cons

Jones has really dropped the ball on hiring, they need to be screening more and making these younger FA's work instead of feeling entitled.

Advice to Management

Hold your FA's accountable. Make them do their job and not leave it all on the BOA! Listen to the BOA's. My FA was nothing but a part timer who thought of it more of a way to make friends instead of building a business. When your wife is a daycare teacher making $12 an hour and your building a business, let her stay home with the kid or take the child to school, field trips, etc. you can do that when you are profitable and your BOA is actually making bonuses to justify doing your job for you!! Also let's not allow FA's and regional leaders to send text about a client he is making over 30k annually in fees and your making fun of her. Calling her horrible things. Have some class. Because she will find out as well as your other clients. Your handling the most private part of ones life and you have a General Partner/regional leader calling his client horrific names to his level 2 FA that isn't meeting expectations bc he isn't in the office. Might I add these FA's are still working with this firm! Hixson pike and highway 153. I would steer clear of these two young advisors. You have options!!! Also becareful what you text to other employees or outside people. Text are printable and they don't lie! Hopefully they will grow up and learn from their from their horrible behaviors.

"By far the worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Frederick, MD

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok and you get a nice name plate. I can’t think of anything else positive about this company.

Cons

Environment, tasks, lack of respect, hours, office is run down, smells bad, awful financial advisors, micromanaging, terrible computer system, everything

Advice to Management

If you do not start to value BOAs you will continue to have turnover. FA’s are not equipped to be in charge of ANYONE other than themselves. Even if you do a great job and the clients like you, that doesn’t matter if you and your FA do not get along. Having an incredibly difficult, rude, micromanaging FA in charge of reviews and raises is (for lack of a better word) crap. I will not only never recommend anyone to work for this company but I will also NEVER recommend the financial institution to take care of anyone that I care about’s finances. Remember, the company would crumble without BOAs.

"Best Place To Work!"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best culture ever in the USA

Cons

Not for the super aggressive profit/money motivated!

Advice to Management

We are the best kept secret best place to work!

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Old Burleson, AL
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Old Burleson, AL

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were good and they had awesome training modules. When working with great FA it can be enjoyable too.

Cons

Corporate communications with BOA was very lacking and a two person office can be great or troubling, depending on who the financial advisor is.

Advice to Management

If issues show up between FA and BOA take the time to listen to both sides and try to fix the issues, especially when there has been no problems before with BOA working with FA's.

8. "BOA"

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Edward Jones part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your FA will have your back. Phenomenal company to work for. Great pay.

Cons

Upper level compliance will have closed investigations and do whatever is needed to remove you from company. In my case, hours.

"Good Company/ Below Market Salary"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent support from Headquarters in St. Louis. Outstanding training. Enjoy working with clients realize their financial goals. Top notch employees throughout the firm. Nice company culture!

Cons

This role is extremely important yet the salary does not reflect the importance. Salary of position is below market value. Very small annual increases even with an excellent annual review.

Advice to Management

Pay the BOA what we are worth. Financial Advisers are awarded bonuses and incentive trips for meeting goals, please consider doing the same for the BOA.

10. "Great work/life balance but low salary"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule if needed
    Fluid training

Cons

Constant change and having to relearn procedures