Edward Jones Reviews | Glassdoor

1,078 Ratings

1,760 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Door-to-door residential prospecting is a core sourcing strategy (in 120 reviews)

• Door knocking sucks most of the time (in 124 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I will never leave this firm!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

Pros

The autonomy to build my practice focusing on my strengths and having the support of a large company to help in areas that are not the best use of my time to serving clients' needs is unparalleled. The opportunity to earn ownership in the partnership is open to everyone at the firm not just the financial advisors.

Cons

Takes time to build your individual practice.

Advice to Management

Please continue focusing on supporting the branch team and not just the FA. Thanks for making the tough choices with new regulation to keep the partnership healthy for future generations.

2. "Run your own business with the support of one of the best companies that exists."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The way the company reaches out to employees in time of need is outstanding. The culture and attitude of nearly everyone that works there are amazing. "Service" and "The customers best interest always come first" are taken to a whole different level here.

Cons

As one might imagine, being a fully commission sales person after the year one year and four months has it's draw backs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to let more of us on new ideas. There seems to a bit of a lag from idea to implementation. But I guess it's for our good.

3. "If you want to be master of your own destiny, work at Edward Jones"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The company keeps every promise it makes. It is up to you to do the work, but they supply everything but the elbow grease. There is absolutly no limit on how much you can make and they listen to ideas AND follow up on them.

Cons

For a financial advisor, there is no way to just take a breather, especially if you are down and just plan need one--you stop working, you stop earning.

Advice to Management

None. The downside is just a fact of life, but it would be great if you could even take an uncompensated "timeout" for just a little while.

4. "I LOVE EDWARD JONES"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Metairie, LA

Pros

One can be shown how to create a most rewarding life for yourself and your family. The company promotes a balanced life from day one. Total freedom to run your business the way you want to. Incredible sharing of support from all involved. You make your own schedule. You decide how much you want to work and how much you want to make. the skies the limit. You become very important to many people and their family. The rewards are the best. Great people in the firm. the best.

Cons

You love it so much it tends to take over your life. the are none really.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The new team is moving at lightning speed.

"Edward Jones is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Mount Dora, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Mount Dora, FL

Pros

Independence, Comraderie, In business for yourself but not by yourself

Cons

Cyclical nature of the markets makes your earnings fluctuate greatly when paid entirely based on commissions.

Advice to Management

Fix the disconnects between the home office and the field

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Franklin, TN

Pros

All the benefits of being self employed with none of the capital outlay. Culture is great. Home office support is great.

Cons

Not really any downsides, but you have to have a particular personality, work ethic to be successful. They dont really micromanage you unless you are not meeting expectations. Then, from what I hear, they can be pretty firm with you. This job is certainly not for everyone.

Advice to Management

My advice for the Senior management is to keep doing what you are doing. The model works

7. "Edward Jones has a tremendous culture and is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Mesa, AZ

Pros

It's a culture built on mutual respect and encouragement. The company itself is a partnership so everyone treats each other as though they are a part of the team and not just an individual island. There is great support for those of us in the field from the corporate side and vice versa. It's amazing how 30000 people plus all work well together.

Cons

Not any that I've seen so far. Maybe to get a little more feedback from local management.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more time in the field staying in touch with local offices and how people are doing.

8. "Great company that is getting better. You own your world!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Freedom. As an FA I run my own show. I get to work when I want and leave when I want. I work with the type of clients that are best for me. I pick my own assistant and where my office is. If I decide to make more money I just work a little harder. Also I have no pressure to sell certain types of products. I was told in the begining to run a "Legal, Ethical, and Profitable business" and I will have no problems from St. Louis. That's what I do and it has worked out great!

Cons

I am responsible for my own well being if you consider that a downside

Advice to Management

Hire Regional leaders and Area Leaders who will shoot straight and stand up for the people in the field, not just someone who will tell you what you want to hear.

9. "Edward Jones....THE best place to work in the Financial Industry."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Nashville, TN

Pros

Absolutely the best Full Service Brokerage Firm in the Industry. Conservative approach to investing and THE very best training in Industry. YOU build your business the way you want it.

Cons

Working in the stock market has its ups and downs. You build your business from scratch.

Advice to Management

The senior management does a wonderful job of relating to the "little guy".

10. "A place to grow"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Stillwater, OK
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Stillwater, OK

Pros

Edward Jones promotes a culture of sharing and helping others. If you need help there is always someone willing to help you out. The second reason is that our clients are great to work with. Third is I have the time I need to take care of personal business. Fourth, when thinking of compensation, at Jones the compensation package salary, healthcare, HSA, 401k, profit sharing are all great. Jones is a partnership so after you have worked for the company for awhile you have the opportunity to be a partner and the partnership is a tremendous investment.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment. It can be stressful. Long hours. High expectations.

This business is very competive.

Advice to Management

There is a great deal of leadership potential in your lower ranks, I would look at how the company can profit from the inclusion of those leaders, who may not be on your radar.

Showing 1,760 of 1,824 reviews