Edwards Lifesciences Reviews | Glassdoor

Edwards Lifesciences Reviews

Updated May 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good work life balance depends on your departments (in 11 reviews)

• It was very motivating to work with a young crowd at such a great company who strives for quality products (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance need improvements (in 23 reviews)

• sometimes there is a disconnect between business units in such a large company (in 14 reviews)

"Clinical"

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time

Pros

the appearance of the campus and somewhat the cafe. The technology it is developing.

Cons

So much to write and have seen it well worded. I completely agree with a recent and lengthy post I just read which is precise and well detailed and worded to the point of what lurks in the work life there in general.
    I would say TOXIC and manipulative management at the lower level is very true. Also about PIP used to corner an employee so they can tally up the pretexts to fire them...and so on.
    If changes have not yet been made in over a year, something is so very wrong with this entire company or at least the catheter division

Advice to Management

Take advice from the feedback seriously !!

2. "Great Place to Be"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Edwards cares a great deal about employee work/life balance. They offer competitive pay and benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchase option which is fantastic. The work is fast paced and exciting. Being able to tangibly enhance people's lives through the devices made here is really what it's all about. My favorite thing about Edwards truly is the patient focus. Every once in a while they will bring actual patient's equipped with Edwards devices into the facility to meet the people who actually had a hand in the manufacture of their specific device. How cool is that?!

Cons

I have only been here for about 5 months. I do not currently have any cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thanks for demonstrating that you trust us to do quality work!

3. "Great Place to Work at."

Current Employee - Validation Engineer in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Validation Engineer in Cypress, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work at.

Cons

There are no cons for Edwards.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Glamorous work environment with almost nothing to back it up"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great amenities, great work/life balance, a lot of extras and bonuses are given, even without merit. There's always job security and they are constantly hiring. The responsibilities are diluted so much that you pretty much cease to learn. This may be a pro for those that are just looking for a job to pay the bills, but it is a big downside for those that are drawn to innovating.

The campus really is amazing, and provides some fun activities. These are the best amenities that the company has to offer.

Cons

Talent in just about everything except making a good product. The company has lost itself in the midst of chasing the image of being a world class company.

I love the people, but honestly as engineers there is a quite a lot of gross incompetence. There is also heavy politics in the management since the company has been around for quite some time and has employed just about everyone in the medical device industry since the industry was born. It is a fun place to work, but the general cultural feel is that everyone is there to be a mooch and get paid. Therefore, most employees opt for the shortcuts and park their ideas at the first "no" they hear. It is a "I hate work" culture and most employees are here to not hate work as much compared to other workplaces that don't have cool stuff like Edwards.

There is also zero diversity in thought. Most managers will try to teach you to be like them. I've had a manager tell me to speak just to seem like you know what you're talking about. We are told to do the opposite of innovate, or create, or improve. Conformity is encouraged and being a jerk is respected here. Work culture is horribly traditional and focused on sustaining perception rather than improving.

Advice to Management

Invest in the people. There is so much misplaced talent. Remember what position you are interviewing for... a good employee, not a best friend.

6. "Hard work but lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth company with great products, focus on patients and top benefits for the industry. Company performance over the last 5 years has been fantastic and total compensation is solid.

Cons

Can be overwhelming for those that are not used to a compensation for performance model (bonuses are based on company, division and personal performance). Work/life balance has been skewed toward work.

Advice to Management

Work/life balance is critical for long-term success. Anything you can do to make people feel better about the work they do is a great start. Keep up the patient visits!

7. "Engineer II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The younger population of people to work with is great to work with and to play sports with.

Cons

Middle Management should focus less on delegation and more on doing and developing the younger personnel.

"Great Company!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with a fantastic senior leadership, employee benefits, and international foot print. The humanitarian aspect is priceless.

Cons

Middle management can become very over-bearing at times and is highly political. Work/life balance is non-existent in many roles as the expectation is clearly expressed to be company first, family/life distant second.

9. "Pretty Great Company"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Draper, UT

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Edwards is a world class medical device manufacturer, particularly in the valve businesses. The environment is very fast-paced and they are a leader in heart valve therapy. The transcatheter heart valve (THV) division is the main growth driver for the company and it is doing really well. This has led to great stock performance and fat bonuses for employees. The employee stock purchase program has been great. Health benefits are awesome.

Cons

EW is not very good at setting priorities for employees. The expectation is that everything should get done, which leads to a somewhat stressful work environment and lack of work-life balance. I was a number of good engineers leave the company because of this during my two years there.

Advice to Management

Be willing to prioritize. Employees will work hard to achieve when given clear direction but many get burned out they are just told to go out and get it all done.

10. "Edwards"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing fast and is a fantastic place to work. Challenging work but good cross functional teams. Their campus is undergoing huge renovations and growth is apparent everywhere.

Cons

None. Great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going!

"Great company but unstable labeling department"

Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good for the work that was offered as a temporary employee. Coworkers were kind and helpful. The culture at Edwards is inviting.

Cons

Work load was variable. Little guidance from management led to confusion and instability. Often moved desks, roles, and work location.

Advice to Management

Provide better direction to temporary employees. It is important to know what is happening and to be given consistent tasks to feel a sense of stability in the workplace.