Eenhoorn Reviews | Glassdoor

Eenhoorn Reviews

Updated May 1, 2019

Eenhoorn CEO Paul Heule (no image)
Paul Heule
  1. "The Best Company in Grand Rapids!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Eenhoorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with Home Office Staff is open and helpful Forward thinking They applaud getting involved in community activities and promote teamwork and exercise The owner meets for lunch with his employees- I have not worked for another company that does that!

Cons

I wish the job paid more, but I am aware that in the industry I am in, it takes time :)

Advice to Management

continue to be open to employee voices and continue rewarding a job well done- you do a great job of that!

Eenhoorn2017-10-03
  2. "Not a positive experience sadly..."

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at Eenhoorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The office hours were good, the benefits were comparable to others, some support staff and compliance people were great. That’s really the only positive sides.

Cons

Mediocre wages, extremely long hours, under appreciated. Upper management (above site level) are micro-managers, condescending, poorly educated/trained and are promoted because of their looks, not their ability. They pull the wool over the eyes of HR (not even working part time most weeks), while going to salon & Botox appointments to keep up their “image”. Employers at the site level are under appreciated and work... harder than most. Very sad.

Advice to Management

Overhaul your upper management teams. Hold them accountable and be honest with yourselves. Self reflection is a GOOD thing.. learn & grow. Value your people at site levels and maybe they’d stay. Learn from other management companies around you whom are far superior at keeping employees happy, which in return are willing to work twice as hard. You get what you put out there.

Eenhoorn2019-05-02
  3. "Property Manager"

I worked at Eenhoorn full-time

Pros

No pros what soever!

Cons

There is Zero work life balance!

Eenhoorn2018-06-21
  4. "Generally satisfied..."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Eenhoorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Security and the Maintenance Departments are good at working as a team. The limited contact I have had with upper management have been positive experiences. In all but one instance the concern I brought up was addressed within the month. Good work/life balance. My supervisor trusts me to handle various challenges appropriately. The freedom to act with some measure of independence is one of the main... reasons that I stay with this company. I love the people here.

Cons

Lower pay than some competitors by 50 cents to $1.50 per hour for equivalent positions. The health insurance package is too expensive out of pocket to be really competitive, but the dental and vision are pretty good.

Advice to Management

Currently the amount the employee is expected to pay out of each paycheck plus the high deductible make the health insurance unattractive to anyone making under $30,000 per year. Either raise pay slightly for those on the lower end or increase the amount that Eenhoorn covers in health insurance. Following one or both of these two options would improve employee retention and increase job satisfaction for a... relatively low cost. Also consider offering career advancement advice and opportunities.

Eenhoorn2018-05-11

"Leasing Specialist"

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Eenhoorn part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a paycheck and that is about it. Nothing good to say.

Cons

They don't take the time to train you and when you don't know how to do something because of their lack in training, they call you stupid. They will sit and make fun of the way you talk/dress. If you don't understand something, better believe that the Eenhoorn staff will make it known to EVERYONE that you're an idiot. Oh, they also make you BEG to be paid for your commissions. Can't forget the fact that they claim... to be a drug free company, yet their employees smoke weed and you're judged when you say you do not do drugs.

Advice to Management

CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES. TREAT THEM LIKE HUMAN BEINGS, NOT LIKE MONEY MAKERS.

Eenhoorn2018-04-12

"Former Employee"

I worked at Eenhoorn full-time

Pros

Free daily lunches, nice parties, great offices

Cons

1.)Low pay for heavy workloads, 2.) Residents in their communities do NOT come first, management backs district managers despite numerous complaints about DM's performance and attitude (one in particular). 3.) Owner is very nice but high maintenance. Demands the front door be opened for him when he enters in the mornings and when he leaves at any point during the day. If not done the person in charge of this duty... is reprimanded, if this task is neglected multiple times I've seen them enter the target zone and eventually lose their job. He also expects his Perrier and Expresso to be served upon entering his office. 4.) Revolving door of employees, very high turn around. Only a few long term, one of which isn't approachable.

Advice to Management

Increase wages; the workload and expectations of employees is extremely high considering the pay. There are other jobs in the market to choose from and your employees may stick if you treated them more fairly financially. They'd like a nice home and reliable car, too./ Listen to the residents in your communities, they're not all as bad as you say and treat them. If it weren't for them, you wouldn't have a company..../Mr. Owner, loosen up. You're a great man but you are just another man. More successful yes, but not better then anybody else. Let your employees be able to relate to you a little better, and open your own door.

Eenhoorn2018-01-19

"Company is a disappointment"

I have been working at Eenhoorn full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is still a few good people left that work hard.

Cons

Poor senior management and lack of experience to run a million dollar company. Seen good people come and go that should of been in senior management that had common sense and a good heart for the people.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced individuals to be in high up position. Take certain situations more serious and stop turning a blind eye to things.

Eenhoorn2017-09-14
  8. "Lost the best"

I have been working at Eenhoorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Maintenance team and the overtime.

Cons

Lost the best DIstrict Manager we ever had.

Advice to Management

Stop losing good employees. Upper management needs to look at themselves for a lot of faults.

Eenhoorn2017-08-19

"Former"

I worked at Eenhoorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team oriented for the most part

Cons

Huge workload. Given overwhelming tasks then scolded for not completing them when they want.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees AND residents. You're losing longevity because of certain people you have working there.

Eenhoorn2017-07-07
  10. "Great place"

I have been working at Eenhoorn full-time

Pros

Great place to work long term

Cons

I don't have any cons

Eenhoorn2017-06-13