Egon Zehnder Reviews | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder CEO Rajeev Vasudeva
Rajeev Vasudeva

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Suggestions for internal improvements often go ignored, work life balance can be hard to maintain and is sometimes frowned upon (in 8 reviews)

• Expect to work long hours when you hit the third or fourth week (no overtime pay) (in 9 reviews)

"No words..."

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, random perks. Paid OT. Good benny's.

Cons

Office culture needs a cleanse. Certain consultants are lazy and verbally abusive to the staff. This behavior is allowed b/c their bringing in money and have "connections"
    Ridiculous expectations, long hours, high stress environment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the jerks who abuse the staff!

"Worst work environment I have ever experienced"

Former Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros to working at EZI is location and paid benefits.

Cons

Too many to list. This is without a doubt the most dysfunctional work environment I have ever experienced. Lots of OT with no appreciation of work/life balance. Interoffice hooligans going on with affairs and inappropriate behavior.

Advice to Management

Won't waste my time because management has no desire to change structure/behavior.

"Top-heavy company full of negative and harsh employees"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities, lots of office supplies available, pays well, travel opportunities

Cons

Feedback is great. If done properly, it can help fix issues and motivate employees. At EZI, they give you an overload of feedback, to the point where it feels they are beating you up. They are way too concerned with appearances and little nitpicky things in the office, and less concerned with helping you do good work.

Advice to Management

Try to foster a more positive work environment. It will help your employees be happier. Focus more on the work and helping people utilize their strengths for the company rather than tearing them down for their weaknesses.

"Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

Less working hours (8 hours).

Cons

Worst Managers. Some Managers are illiterate (don't understand anything) - they try to impose things on employees and extreme micromanagement is done.Useless reasons are given while the appraisal meetings - worst hikes are given. Promotion hikes are pathetic.Growth is very slow and there are specific issues with the Knowledge Center in terms of compensation structuring and growth.

Advice to Management

Please hire well educated Managers who atleast know how to manage a team.

"Worst place"

Former Employee - Associate Information Management in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Information Management in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No special skill required for entry in data capture
    Any one can easily get a job

Cons

Managers.. They are just to take your blood
    Associates have been working with same position for more than five years still no growth
    Only IJP is the option
    Out of hundred of people only one or two get promoted via IJP with a 10% hike..
    Special benefits for research executive but no benefits for information management associates
    You will be forced to come to office on Saturdays to shred the work load which is actually not a work load just a different form of mismanagement.. But management will pay you for Saturday
    Overall a good company for research department
    But pls don't get recruitment as a information management associate as they will ruin the precious years of your life

Advice to Management

Pls give medical benefits to information management associates
    They are also part of your company

"Worst Company to Work Ever"

Pros

never think about the company

Cons

A cheap company exploiting its employees

"Not Good Experience"

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time

Pros

Nothing to say in this.

Cons

EZIRS not a good place to work in. Favoritism and lacking in policies, only one group manages the whole system and does not consider growth of individuals. Good Quality Talent does not stay for too long and only some who are favored by management stay. Poor Planning in place, people forced to come on weekends for payout, which is always a condition since people leave frequently. Noone wishes to stay and work for long. Foolish managers also in place.

Advice to Management

Stop fooling people.

8. "Mixed Review"

Former Employee - Deutschland in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Former Employee - Deutschland in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at Egon Zehnder (More than a year)

Pros

nice colleagues, fancy office, interesting clients

Cons

terrible management, understaffed, working long hours is expected

"Egon Zehnder Information and Research Services (EZIRS)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 8 hours shift and good work life balance most of the times

Cons

EZIRS, don't confuse it with Egon Zehnder, EZIRS is a kind of back end office for Egon Zehnder. If you got to be part of Software Development team here you will clearly sense the difference between treatment of technical operations team and this team. Operations team being lead by Indian Managers has a kind of good reputation and upper hand. But development team which is managed by American bosses has a bad reputation most of times why? because if anything goes good its the leadership and if anything goes wrong its developers being lazy and irresponsible. May be the bosses here never seems to have done any development before they came to be known as so called development Managers. They seem to stick to there support kind of culture like staying in the office for fixed hours so as to have an overlap with US timings but rarely I have seen any overlap except the Indian Manager spoon feeding them about the day today work. Seen kinds of things getting enforced like fixed work hours ( wonder fixed working hours for a developer), daily work log and over it daily status reports, but US office employees seems exception to all these rules. Dear Sir if you create any rule please enforce it equally for all employees.

In the recent years the company HR policies going to the worst. The HR team is constantly on a cost cutting spree I have never scene an organisation cutting into employee's CTC without any serious cause or recession. So Sir we did not join this organisation for this 10% less CTC after 3-4 years of service to this company when one day suddenly you showed up and decided to get this bonus component off our CTC so that you can get some patting and rewards from higher management. Some other things like Leave encasement, retention bonuses were also taken away. I wonder how much they will try to take away a poor employee's money.
    So you join here and after some years you will see no promotion, no brand so this is what we wanted !!!

Advice to Management

Please don't cut the little benefits you have provided to your employees. Even the yearly company outing which you have now changed to group outings seems to be created for sake of saving money only. As I have seen few employees never getting a chance at all but yes Managers always get to go, that too twice a year, once with employees and once with a whole Manager's outing.

10. "After almost 40 fruitful years in the work force, the WORST working experience EVER!! If I could give 0 star, I would."

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please, do yourself a favor and do not work there, anywhere but there!! It's an uptight, snobbish niche, besides consultants they treat overall staff like garbage.

Cons

Too many to list. I started living a collaborative, respectful and enjoyable work life when I left EZI. One thing is clear, working there was anything but EZI.

Advice to Management

Would definitely never ever recommend this company to my worst enemy. Why waist my time to advice management, they will never implement change, old school master/servant mentality.