Egon Zehnder Reviews | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The work-life balance that they instill in all their employees (in 13 reviews)

• great culture, lax work environment, you have mentors and are purposely put on projects in industries that interest you (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • payment, long working hours and the Work-Life-Balance (in 7 reviews)

• Expect to work long hours when you hit the third or fourth week (no overtime pay) (in 10 reviews)

"Culture is not what they claim it to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clever people. Good pedigrees. Mostly collaborative.

Cons

Highly political at the top. Unwilling to support diverse cultures. Strong divide between US and rest of world culturally.

"Simply fooled myself working here"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comfortable timings and Sat-Sun offs

Cons

I Slogged like a donkey for 5 years with no human respect and dignity...forgot about growth ..its a place where I wasted my time, career and health

A place where ppl are promoted based on being good in getting work done by others..with no performance record.

Rumours, which even I did not know about myself...with no one to dine with, to talk to ...I wonder how I survived all these..Worst discrimination That I went through..I literally felt like a untouchable in a village..

Advice to Management

Value Work And please stop Playing with Words and petty politics

"Straight word"

Current Employee - Assiciate-Information Management in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Assiciate-Information Management in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only good if you are joining the research or the technology team that is known as global technology team (GTS) in case of remuneration.

Cons

- If you ain't joining any of the above 2, you are in for a ride.
    - Adding to my above point, remuneration is low as well for other teams.
    - Do not expect swift promotions.
    - Employees have low morale.
    - No training and development.

Advice to Management

When people trust there seniors, they rise to the occasion. But if they don't, they rise the occasion.

"Ezirs Sucks"

Current Employee - Associate - Information Management
    Current Employee - Associate - Information Management

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time

Pros

8 Hour Shift. Nothing else.
    No pros! No Pros! No Pros!

Cons

There are many..
    1) No or very less Growth Opportunity
    2) Copy paste Work..Nothing to Learn.
    3) No company will hire you after this job. Its purely data entry job. ( Don't know about research department)
    4) Very low salary.
    5) Management is Partial.
    6) Peanuts in the name of Incentives. ( 500 -1000 Rs at Max)
    7) No reward for good work.
    8) Full of Idiots.
    Not Recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop Fooling Youth...

"The worst company ever worked with"

Current Employee - German Language Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - German Language Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing pros..the so called senior team lead of language team is a foolish person

Cons

HRs dont knw the procedures for recruitment. No growth no life.

Advice to Management

Nothing

6. "After almost 40 fruitful years in the work force, the WORST working experience EVER!! If I could give 0 star, I would."

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please, do yourself a favor and do not work there, anywhere but there!! It's an uptight, snobbish niche, besides consultants they treat overall staff like garbage.

Cons

Too many to list. I started living a collaborative, respectful and enjoyable work life when I left EZI. One thing is clear, working there was anything but EZI.

Advice to Management

Would definitely never ever recommend this company to my worst enemy. Why waist my time to advice management, they will never implement change, old school master/servant mentality.

"Egon Zehnder Information and Research Services (EZIRS)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 8 hours shift and good work life balance most of the times

Cons

EZIRS, don't confuse it with Egon Zehnder, EZIRS is a kind of back end office for Egon Zehnder. If you got to be part of Software Development team here you will clearly sense the difference between treatment of technical operations team and this team. Operations team being lead by Indian Managers has a kind of good reputation and upper hand. But development team which is managed by American bosses has a bad reputation most of times why? because if anything goes good its the leadership and if anything goes wrong its developers being lazy and irresponsible. May be the bosses here never seems to have done any development before they came to be known as so called development Managers. They seem to stick to there support kind of culture like staying in the office for fixed hours so as to have an overlap with US timings but rarely I have seen any overlap except the Indian Manager spoon feeding them about the day today work. Seen kinds of things getting enforced like fixed work hours ( wonder fixed working hours for a developer), daily work log and over it daily status reports, but US office employees seems exception to all these rules. Dear Sir if you create any rule please enforce it equally for all employees.

In the recent years the company HR policies going to the worst. The HR team is constantly on a cost cutting spree I have never scene an organisation cutting into employee's CTC without any serious cause or recession. So Sir we did not join this organisation for this 10% less CTC after 3-4 years of service to this company when one day suddenly you showed up and decided to get this bonus component off our CTC so that you can get some patting and rewards from higher management. Some other things like Leave encasement, retention bonuses were also taken away. I wonder how much they will try to take away a poor employee's money.
    So you join here and after some years you will see no promotion, no brand so this is what we wanted !!!

Advice to Management

Please don't cut the little benefits you have provided to your employees. Even the yearly company outing which you have now changed to group outings seems to be created for sake of saving money only. As I have seen few employees never getting a chance at all but yes Managers always get to go, that too twice a year, once with employees and once with a whole Manager's outing.

8. "Mixed Review"

Former Employee - Deutschland in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Former Employee - Deutschland in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at Egon Zehnder (More than a year)

Pros

nice colleagues, fancy office, interesting clients

Cons

terrible management, understaffed, working long hours is expected

"Not Good Experience"

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time

Pros

Nothing to say in this.

Cons

EZIRS not a good place to work in. Favoritism and lacking in policies, only one group manages the whole system and does not consider growth of individuals. Good Quality Talent does not stay for too long and only some who are favored by management stay. Poor Planning in place, people forced to come on weekends for payout, which is always a condition since people leave frequently. Noone wishes to stay and work for long. Foolish managers also in place.

Advice to Management

Stop fooling people.

"Worst Company to Work Ever"

Pros

never think about the company

Cons

A cheap company exploiting its employees