Eid Passport Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Steve Larson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Operations Associate - Erickson Development Program"

I worked at Eid Passport full-time

Pros

Excellent company culture, great benefits, many opportunities to travel, various opportunities to advance - customer-centric atmosphere.

Cons

Management lacks clear, concise communication - sometimes lacks willingness to receive objective, constructive criticism.

Advice to Management

Listen, listen, listen to employee complaints and suggestions for improvements.

"CSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started back when Rapid gate was just starting literally was only about 10 employees the most, it was a great stepping stone for a while the company and the staff was great they were very supportive of my other career goals

Cons

As the company grew bigger and time progressed they weren't as supportive of my other career goals I had which they knew from the beginning of me taking my job that I had this other career the the indifference and the animosity among staff especially management and the CSRs started and literally created new roles (i.e. the leads, managers, assistant managers etc.) To promote the least competent and newly hired employees therefore creating hate and discontent among the rest of the employees and making the already hostile environment even more toxic. As if that wasn't bad enough, then came the micromanagement, it was like excessive and then they would find any excuse to try and write you up it become such a hostile place I couldn't take it anymore besides the fact that I never believed in the product that the company is selling I don't see it being a necessary product I have always been more of a caregiver and my vision is to work in a place that is making a difference in the world not for corporate America where the little CSR reps work their arse off to get the big fat guy rich while the rest of us live just above poverty level.

Advice to Management

Train your management so they can actually manage people demand that they at least have some form of post-secondary education. Lead by example and cut back on some of those unnecessary lead roles you have too many chiefs and not enough Indians running around. Maybe perhaps create a in house management program and then open a position among your company and have your employees apply and interview for the upper lead roles so you know you will be hiring only the most qualified

"Don't become a customers service representative here."

Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting January 2016 we pay 50$ for health insurance as an employee if you add a dependent it goes up a lot .

Cons

The management is horrible. Some of my colleagues and I feel threatened of losing our position every day. We have a quality assurance team and other reps will send training opportunities to your lead for very small mistakes. All of theses mistakes go onto your record and if you make the same mistake four times in sixty days they will proceed with disciplinary action. If you talk to a colleague "to much" even when you don't make any mistakes and your productivity is higher than what is required management will proceed with disciplinary action. If you get on their bad side they will come by your desk often to make sure you are working at all times and keeping your conversations work related. If you violate the dress code you have to go home and change without pay. The second violation you are written up. There is not a lot of room to move up even though they say there is. I'm guessing the turn over rate is higher than 50% I would not work here for longer than a year.

Advice to Management

Change your business model

"Hypocritical Management and lack of leadership"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits completely paid for by the company

There really isn't any other pro than the one mentioned above!

Cons

Everything!

Management constantly micromanages everyone, there is absolutely no form of any kind of communication between all levels! If you are on the field team your leads and managers will continually provide you with more and more responsibility but there will never be an increase in compensation to make up for it.

No one cares about the employees and their satisfaction. There is a employee survey that goes out every year or so and I know multiple people that have provided negative feedback but management and leadership don't care

The only people who move up in the customer service department are the ones who suck up the most to the upper managers. 90% of the leads and managers are not qualified for the position they are in and have no sense of leadership skills. There is a lot of closed door deals done as well between upper management.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the reps their body language and attitude will tell you everything! No one other than fresh faces are happy with this company!

"Great people, poor management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The representatives are, overall, great people, and are willing to help with questions if they aren't busy. Everyone comes from different backgrounds, which makes for great diversity in thought processes and therefore a greater ability to resolve a difficult problem. For travelers, you get to keep the hotel/airfare/Hertz points. There is variety in the work you do. You can listen to music while working, provided you aren't in the phone queue. The benefits are pretty awesome (100% covered medical!).

Cons

You stay a temporary employee for a long time. The company policy states you aren't eligible for conversion to full time with benefits until you have 720 hours with the company (not including overtime), which equals roughly 4.5 months, but conversion isn't right after you hit that - they tend to wait to convert a bunch of people at once. Micromanagement is a big thing here. Communication between leadership and representatives is very poor, and some members of leadership aren't quiet about the fact that you're replaceable.

Advice to Management

Your representatives do a lot of quality work and most of us want to succeed, but it's really hard to want to stay in a company when leadership makes it clear you're replaceable at any moment. Micromanaging doesn't work under all situations, and if you insist on it (which frankly I don't recommend), at least make sure you're tailoring it to job functions instead of a 'one size fits all' style. And please, when you say you want to hear concerns representatives have, at least make an effort to listen and address those concerns rather than completely disregarding anything we have to say if it's not what you want to hear.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere in some departments. Coworkers are easy to work with and the company is growing fast. There are big opportunities on the horizon.

Cons

There is no 401K matching. There is no annual review process.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and retain your talent. Deliver on your goals and promises. Pay attention to the reviews here.

7. "I absolutely love this company!"

Current Employee - Onsite Issuance Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Onsite Issuance Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Eid Passport (Less than a year)

Pros

The people! I have contact with employees all over and especially at Headquarters in Oregon. I love how i can interact with all and it is always pleasant. Whenever, I have any issue I can go to management and they will help!

Cons

The company has been wonderful to me i have no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to be open and helpful to your employees.

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Eid Passport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are guaranteed 40 hours a week if you can keep up with the ever increasing demands they expect from you and ever increasing micromanagement that is strangulating!

Cons

You are worked hard every minute that you are on the clock no down time like they claim. The micromanagement is over the top! Every two weeks they are reviewing your stats which are never good enough and they give you new goals to achieve. If you are more then 4 minutes late
    you are written up! They circulate emails every couple hours telling you who left early and who was fired today. You receive occurences every time you are late or leave early. You never know from day to day if you will be fired. Oh yeah and try this one on for size! If you are sick you are written up as well even with a doctors note.

Advice to Management

Get some managers that are over 25 and know how to deal with people! Pay a living wage where people can actually make a living.

"Pay should increase over time, Micro-managing. Highly unorganized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Eid Passport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Monday through Friday with weekends off.
    Easy job.

Cons

Not organized, constant change with their systems.
    Low pay
    Don't get much say with suggestions to how things can be improved.
    Often there are a lot of technology failures, whether it be the system or the credentials that are issued.

Advice to Management

Look out for your employees not just your customers.

"Some good some bad, room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

The biggest pro for working here is the people. At least most of them... The normal reps and a small select few from management are fantastic people who are relatable on a personal level and fun to work with.

The benefits (medical, dental, vision) isn't the greatest but it's also not the worst. The best part of the benefits is they are 100% paid by the company so none of it comes out of your paycheck. Free soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and a decent gym downstairs.

Pay is average or low across all departments. A great job if you're just looking to get started in the workforce.

Cons

The biggest con is the majority of upper and mid management. Especially in the Customer Support and Program Support departments. They are hostile, only out to better their own jobs, don't care about their employees, play favorites, tend to hate anyone who isn't like them and make them pay for it, and are the WORST at communicating anything.

The CEO and a lot of upper management are a bit demanding and sets unrealistic expectations for when he/they want things done which causes everyone below him/them to panic who then in turn make the lives of their reps miserable trying to complete the work which causes a lot of mistakes to be made, shoddy products are created and unreliable results are generated, makes the job extremely stressful and creates a hostile work environment. This also breeds contempt from the ground floor employees for all management and it shows in the quality of work along with work satisfaction in those departments.

Communication and organization is horrible throughout the company. There are a lot of toxic people who are in leadership or product owner roles who have no idea what they're doing or tend to set up meetings with others under them then proceed to forget every single thing that was discussed or condescend and belittle their ideas making them feel dumb or insignificant. Disorganization and chaos is a theme for this company. Then there's the finger pointing game as everyone tries to blame the other for glaring mistakes and holes. There are way too many unproductive meetings which go no where and waste a lot of time, all the while the reps on the floor need help from their leads and managers and no one is available. Some management have upwards of 6 hours of meetings a day and if they try to say no to any of those meetings so they can attend to their representatives who they are responsible for, they are chastised for it. Critically there is no cross department communication.

While some management is very driven to help develop your career the vast majority could care less about you. There is not much room for advancement unless you move across departments. Not to mention even if you do move to a different position with more roles and responsibilities your pay is not guaranteed to increase. It will either stay the same or even in some cases decrease. The pay for their customer service roles is average, starting pay for entry engineering is extremely low compared to the rest of industry.

No performance reviews and raises are extremely rare.

Advice to Management

Completely gut CSS and PS. Remove all of the toxic people. Actually communicate with reps and across departments to help stop the constant flow of mistakes and confusion. Make the training longer so people get the bare minimum exposure before they are just thrown on the floor and causing issues because they don't have the information and aren't ready to be out on their own.

Show appreciation and give recognition where it is due. Continually provide constructive criticism and training for all reps. Don't chastise, micromanage and belittle your employees. Develop them to be diverse and more accepting while putting that into practice yourself. Not everyone is a preppy happy go lucky person but they can still come to work and get the job done in a fantastic fashion. Not everyone is a social norm or social butterfly and that is okay. Be open minded and caring. Fight to give your hard working employees raises or at least some work incentive. Even if it's just a pat on the back and stroking their ego a little. Personalize how you do your one on one's and handle your employees. Not all employees will respond to the same approach.

Work with your employee's strengths. Not everyone is cut out to do the same things. Some individuals are better than others at some tasks so don't expect the same results from everyone. Don't belittle them or compare them to other people. Try to be perceptive in a positive way and realize that others individuals have different thought processes and ways they cope, learn and puzzle things out. Help them develop them and take an interest in their career, maybe make suggestions in where you think they may be suited to try and advance to.

Don't always just think of yourself and don't be afraid to tell some of the higher ups that you and your team don't have the bandwidth for their demands and try to negotiate on a more reasonable timeframe and set realistic expectations. Don't take your frustration or stress out on others.