Eide Bailly Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dave Stende

Pros
  • Great work life balance and great firm culture (in 11 reviews)

• Great people, love the invironment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Busy season in public accounting (in 7 reviews)

• Health insurance is a little on the expensive side (in 4 reviews)

1. "Don't work here if you want any opportunities to advance"

Former Employee - Employee Benefits Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Employee Benefits Representative in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

The people here are nice and the office is in a pleasant location. Other departments were probably better than the Employee Benefits area as far as management.

Cons

The Employee Benefits department is poorly run with very little concern for their clients. I constantly went home from work ashamed of the company I worked for because of they way they treated clients both on the phone and the jokes made about the clients behind their backs. The department cares only about business volume and nothing for quality. If I worked for a company that was using Eide Bailly to administer their employee benefits (especially COBRA or Flexible Spending Accounts) I would not participate in either of those plans.

Advice to Management

Don't just assume that because you have some extremely large clients like the state of Minnesota and Hennepin county that it is ok to treat the clients poorly. Management needs to encourage the employees to care as much about providing quality of service as they do quantity of service calls processed. Also, it would help if management hired call center people that are a little more intelligent than a box of rocks.

2. "Great sales and marketing to get you through the door but falls short of expectations."

Current Employee - Tax in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tax in Denver, CO

I have been working at Eide Bailly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance and peer culture helpful and supportive.

Cons

Growth is primarily through acquiring small firms and sole practitioner firms. That says everything about the type of work and clients you will "grow and develop" your career on. Lack of coaching, training and development, 360 feedback program is anonymous and "country club" mentality . Pay scale could increase a little and benefits are not the best.

Advice to Management

Need to create a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and diversity is respected and valued. Need to promote flexibility through action and not just talk.

3. "Working for this firm was the downfall of my career."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Eide Bailly full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, compensation, and great benefits.

Cons

This firm does a very poor job of developing people. Other departments and offices do not work well together.

Advice to Management

Out with the old and in with the new.

4. "Not as good as it seems for the Benefits Dept."

Pros

Professional work environment, friendly people at the workplace, computers are updated,
    overall system easy to use.

Cons

Major mistakes by all staff including the management, lack of training the staff, staff is burned out due to the workload, no support by management when dealing with escalated calls,
    systems problems caused major mistakes on accounts. This place is a revolving door with people not staying past two years.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to truly add more staff to the department and to invest in professional training.
    When you value your staff and give them all the tools and support than they will stay around along time and produce great results.

5. "Long time employee"

Pros

Great managers and co-workers. Fun family activities

Cons

Lots of travel, opinions are not valued.

6. "Senior Audit Associate"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Eide Bailly (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and great people.

Cons

Seniors don't get bonuses, only managers.

Eide Bailly Response

Aug 17, 2015 – Manager of Firmwide Recruitment

It's great to see that after 3 years you still enjoy the culture and people of Eide Bailly! That really is what makes us different! As an FYI - years ago when we moved to giving bonuses to ... More

7. "Senior Tax Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Boise, ID

I worked at Eide Bailly (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience that leads to a better job.

Cons

Lots of hours as with any public accounting firm. No reward for working so many hours during busy season. Management is not appreciative of their employees.

"An Adult High School"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Benefits & compensation were good.

Cons

Eide Bailly's staff is very clicky. Upper management for the administrative team meets bi-weekly for touch bases which are pointless. Any concerns brought to them are basically blown off and given back to you to deal with, meaning nothing really ever gets taken care of or fixed. Seniority is used against you, when it is their best interest to throw in your face. The tax administrative staff will 'train' you and then act like you are interrupting them and being annoying if you have any questions. Be expected to know everything there is to know by the 2nd year you work there and don't ask any questions. I kept copious notes and still had questions which I ended up being afraid to ask because they wouldn't be received with any respect. The partners are wonderful to work with for the most part and I had very good relationships with them, but unfortunately you don't work as closely with them as you do the administrative staff. To work here you need to not make mistakes, because doing so means that you 'don't care about your job'. Working in the administrative department is like riding a roller coaster of ups and downs and it's draining. The pros did not out weigh the cons which was a huge reason I left.

9. "Still public accounting..."

Pros

Working with people the same age and great mentors

Cons

The only positive I have about working here is the exposure you get to various companies doing public accounting. The only difference between all public accounting firms are the clients you work on. If you don't like long hours, low pay, expensive family benefits, or corporate politics then you should do something other than public.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Not many people are willing to put up with what you guys can do.

10. "Tax"

I worked at Eide Bailly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Partners do well at being engaged with your career especially if it serves their interests. There are opportunities that will benefit you as a professional.

Cons

Expensive insurance coverage. If you're smart enough to land a job here, then you're smart enough to have comprehensive benefits that are more affordable. Keep shopping.

Compliance compliance compliance. Nothing too exciting at all. Won't get plugged into client interaction for a loooong time. Oh and get a plant on your desk if you want to fit in with the clique.

Advice to Management

Insurance coverage for family is too expensive - over $700 per month, that's the truth... it's driving away employees. Becker should be paid with no strings. Mentoring system needs help - very crippling to someone's career. But hey, look at their new web site.

Eide Bailly Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Manager of Firmwide Recruitment

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear your experience with Eide Bailly was not what you needed. I will share your feedback on the benefits with our HR team, as we continually strive to offer ... More