Einstein Industries Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2020

3.9
Einstein Industries CEO/Chairman Robert C. Silkey (no image)
Robert C. Silkey
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for, good environment

Aug 16, 2019 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very calm work environment with great hours and pay. Managers and co-workers are always willing to help. Not an overwhelming work load at all compared to other sales positions. Company culture is great - lots of monthly activities and meetings that keep everyone involved.

Cons

Morning trainings can be a bore, however, we also have afternoon trainings that are more helpful in terms of growing as a salesperson.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Give yourself 90 days to see if you and the company are a good fit

Jan 7, 2020 - Project Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are striving to move in the right direction with the 'people' aspect of their company and are making good strides to refine their products and services.

Cons

My challenge was working in an environment that felt bias, passive-aggressive and at times, not supportive. There is a lot of room for improvement in communication, especially with onboarding.

Einstein Industries Response

Recruiter

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working at Einstein. When employees feel that their performance is suffering due to poor communication or a hostile work environment, we encourage them to report these concerns to their supervisors immediately. We look to our employees to help us identify areas where we could improve. Thank you again for your review and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. 1.0

Highly Un-ethical Company That is a Sinking Ship

Jan 8, 2020 - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company.

Cons

The company has un-ethical business practices, such as encouraging sales reps to call doctor’s offices and telling receptionists that they are doctors. Engineers often do not do SEO works that they are supposed to do, as it is difficult for business owners to know if work has actually been performed. There is also a great deal of passive-aggressiveness within the ranks and I have witnessed several instances of sexual harassment. This company is a sinking ship. Stay clear!

Einstein Industries Response

Recruiter

Hello, It is against our best practices to call clients pretending to be anyone but ourselves. Additionally, each of our departments is focused on their own expertise. We do not expect our engineers to understand the intricacies of the ever-changing world of SEO; we expect them to keep our systems running smoothly, develop new apps for our clients, and create exciting features to be used by our users and clients. We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment in the workplace that every employee signs at time of hire. Also, all employees are required to go through a sexual harassment training. Lastly, we offer competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience and longevity at the company. Employees are paid on a biweekly basis and we have never had an employee that we “refused to pay.”

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I really like my job here

Aug 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy bonuses, no micro management, motivation, great training.

Cons

Wish there was a little more sales energy on the sales floor

5. 1.0

It’s a circus here

Aug 8, 2019 - Territory Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees and a nice office

Cons

Terrible management and the compensation is a joke. This is a telemarking job where you have to find/“harvest” your own leads or call a database of old leads left behind by previous employees. There’s no training whatsoever and the managers are basically long term employees who have inherited old clients. Also, the president walks around berating employees in front of everyone. It’s an incredibly toxic work environment and you can tell the company is not doing well

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Einstein is a sinking ship due to horrible executive decisions, no company culture, bad pay, and little benefits

Aug 5, 2019 - Anonymous in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I made some friends along the way (but we were all suffering together). The company was a decent stepping-stone for an actual career afterward.

Cons

I've noticed fake reviews lately praising this company, so that made me want to share my own experiences. I worked there for over a year and documented all of the wrongdoings Einstein doled out to me and everyone else. Here's a list of the things that made me want to quit Einstein: - Raises were frozen and dangled in front of us like animals. The executives told us if we hit a ridiculous sales goal for 3 months in a row, those who deserve raises will get them. We never hit that sales goal for even one month, so they stopped bringing up raises entirely. - They have no respect for their employees. A manager who was working there for over 17 years got fired on a whim. She was well-loved and fought for her employees, but the CEO apparently didn't like that. - They transfer job responsibilities over to the next person/department and give no higher pay or incentives. - The CEO makes canned speeches every month about wanting everyone in the company to get richer and for their families to have cars and houses and blah blah blah. He's all talk. He says all that just to appease us and then does nothing to create that reality; no raises, no 401k matching, very little room to grow. He also yells at employees in private (and in front of others) but puts on a fake smile when he passes you by. He also barely knows anyones names except people who have been there for 10 years. Everyone is disposable to him -- just as long as he can keep living the rich life, that's all that matters to him. - The executives get spoiled with funds for new cars, laptops, and daily catered food. Meanwhile everyone else just gets empty promises and (if we were lucky) catered food once a month. Maybe if every single room in the office didn't have an 80 inch TV (with many rooms being constantly empty), they could afford to throw some money toward their employees. They all got brand new Macbook Pros with the touchbar sensor. I did the math, and one of those laptops could give at least a $1/hr raise to TWO people for a year. But no, let's get the executives $1,500 laptops in addition to their desktop computers so they can scroll through spreadsheets better. Complete greed. - It's very disorganized. For the last few months, I had no idea where the company was going or what was going on. The executives halted transparency because they were trying to build a product (and taking forever to do it). - There is absolutely no company culture. The office is like a depressing, ever-emptying airplane hangar. So many people have left that the office looks ridiculous with like 50% of the office being empty desks. - Link-building is one of the cornerstones of SEO and, to my knowledge, Einstein had 0 tools or services for link-building. It's strange, because the audit we sold had a section about link profiles and how well our client was performing, yet we had NOTHING for it. It makes absolutely no sense. You can't call yourself an SEO company and not have a link-building service. - They changed the role of "Project Manager" to "Project Coordinator", despite 100% of the employees being against this change.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Amazing Company with Great Opportunity and Incredible Opportunities

Jan 31, 2019 - Local SEO and Paid Media Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is great and everyone is friendly. They do a lot of great things for their employees weekly and are constantly looking for ways to improve the atmosphere of the office. They actually listen to their employees and care about how they feel at work. The office is nice and open and you are setup for success everyday.

Cons

The only downside I have is my commute but that's nothing they are responsible for.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

Jan 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture & environment here.

Cons

None to list at this time

9. 3.0

Needed better balance

May 7, 2019 - Freelance Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good co-workers Training opportunities available Good if you are a self starter

Cons

Bigger focus on sales than on product and team development

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Sales Rep

Nov 28, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with a lot of opportunity.

Cons

You must be willing to make a lot of prospecting calls.

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews