Einstein Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

"My Experience:"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training schedule at Einstein is thoughtful constructed and geared towards overall improvement. The Director of Sales is hands on with the team every morning in order to ensure that every individual is continuing to improve. The culture of the company is fast-paced and rewarding. Th best part about the company is the people you will be surrounded by, the energy on the sales floor is contagious and motivating. Individuals who are willing to work hard, improve daily and step outside of their comfort zones will excel at Einstein long-term.

Cons

Although you are part of a sales team, progress and results are individually generated. Therefore, you need to be able to hit the ground running and learn from those around you.

"Don't fall for the good reviews or the pay!!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mira Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Mira Mesa, CA

I worked at Einstein Industries full-time

Pros

Pay is decent and some of the people that work there are cool.

Cons

Where to begin:
    Cold calling while doing shady sales pitches of a product that you will receive zero training on. I wasn't there long but I heard employees who had been there a year or longer complain that they did not enough about the companies product. Management response? Sell better and maybe you'll get some product training. The pay is enough for a decent living but enough for being in that type of environment. Also, the building is so damn cold, you'll literally need a blanket to work. They will try to sell you on how easily it is to move into a territory manager position where you get to do the exact same thing you were doing before. Then you'll get up to regional manager where you get to do the exact same thing you were doing before. Zero raises, you're only hope is get good at tricking people with their shady sales pitch to earn enough commission.

Jan 23, 2017 – HR

First, thank you for taking the time to write a review; we are very sorry that you feel this way. As you stated, you were not here long, so we can only imagine that it was not a good fit. We also... More

3. "Not for everyone but if you work hard, there's lots of potential"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to make a good living if you have thick skin and don't mind cold calling. Management is pretty laid back and understanding. I've been here for almost 9 months and I enjoy coming into work (after I've had my first cup of coffee). Also like the food truck we get once a month.

Cons

Sales has its ups and downs, if you keep at it, you will reap the rewards. Pretty high turnover but that's every sales job... if you don't like cold calling, you will not like it here.

Advice to Management

More product training and ease up on the dress code. It's inside sales, no one sees us!!!

Jan 19, 2017 – HR

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, strong commission structure, top reps are noticed early, industry leader, amazing products and clients. Great training program as part of TEAM Bullpen! Great systems and structure. Solid HR and training team.

Cons

Early hours, high workload, a couple bad apples. They give people too much leeway.

Advice to Management

Don't keep under performers, people that do not like to work hard and be part of a winning team. Just ask your current team who has a bad attitude or sense of entitlement, we will be the first to tell you who is part of the team or a problem to the team.

5. "Great place to start or grow a career"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work at Einstein are the best part of the company, those hiring strive just as hard to find qualified employees as they do to make sure those employees will bring a positive experience to the culture. The other most obvious pro is what grabs most of us in sales attention, the potential to make a large amount of money in a relatively short period of time, and even more so in the long run. The commission structure is designed to reward those who perform as needed and those who outperform even more-so. The Quotas are aggressive but not unachievable. You have to put in work to get there but that allows those who really want to make more to do so by going above and beyond; and by doing this month after month, you can make the system work for you via recurring monthly revenue (RMR) which is commissionable cash you get each month from previous sales. Obviously there is money to be made immediately - I was fortunate enough to gross just under 9k my first month as a TM - so there's proof it can be done. Also the first friday of each month they have a different food truck come by compliments of the company which is a nice treat.

Cons

The Account Executive position is almost entirely cold calling, it's designed as a paid training period to get a rep ready for the Territory Manager position in which you can start working towards that six figure income we all want. Understand that cold calling is still the most effective way to generate new business which is why it's still done - so be prepared to dial 50-70 times a day. Pay isn't anything special, $17.31/hour (36k to 40k when considering overtime pay) with a bonus system in place for each deal; however this pay structure at the AE level isn't what Einstein has in place to entice reps, they want you to prove you can handle the cold call process and sell audits before they invest in you and make you a Territory Manager at which point the pay is much much better.
    Since it is a smaller growing business you do still get some growing pains and changes can happen very quickly to how things are run, done, or viewed so being flexible is also key.
    The 7-4 schedule can be viewed as a Pro or a Con but I think it's a Pro.

Advice to Management

Continue to work with employees on improving the company.
    Stay true to your word and you will build a loyal team with a desire to build this company further. Stay as transparent as possible as you can with all aspects to maintain trust and respect through all levels of employment.
    Keep up the Food Truck Fridays - I thoroughly enjoy those

Jan 19, 2017 – HR

Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review!

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time

Pros

Good training, good benefits, good people, good opportunity to make money. once a month we have a food truck come with free lunch for everyone.

Cons

hourly not salary. there are ups and downs in monthly performance but that's with every sales job. half the office dresses casual, the other half is a little more professional.

Oct 7, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! To address your concern of hourly vs. salary; this is actually a Federal Law that employers have strict guidelines to follow. It is to protect... More

"Account Executive"

Pros

Good sales training and great coworkers. I would only recommend this job to someone straight out of college with no sales experience that's trying to get into the industry.

Cons

BEWARE of the "positive" reviews listed here on glassdoor!!!!! Keep in mind that this is an internet marketing company.. so I wouldn't be surprised if Einstein found a way to manipulate these reviews. I even chose this company because of all of the great reviews listed here on glassdoor. However, now that I am working here this company is nothing that it is made out to be on glassdoor. It certainly does not deserve a nearly perfect star rating and I know a majority of my cowokers feel the same way. If you look on the einstein website it even states "check us out on glassdoor". Hmm... a little too much of a coincidence if you ask me.
    Pay is horrible and the position is not as advertised so BEWARE. Account Executives and even territory managers only make $36,000 a year which they do disclose to you. However, what they do not tell you is this "salary" is broken up hourly to just slightly over $17 an hour... Clocking in and out is childish and managers are on you even if you are just a minute late. New hires are not referred to by their names but as the "bull pen". You wake up early to get there by 7 am to just simply dial numbers... It's pretty much a call center with slimeball sales tactics. Micromanaging with no real outline of when you get moved up. Even when you do get moved up to a territory manager your job is the same exact thing of just dialing numbers all day. Except you finally get a cut of commission...

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many new recent college grads you can pay cheap and treat horrible. Instead, have a smaller amount of employees and increase their salary. Explain the value of the company and a long-term game plan to new hires. This will prevent them from getting burnt out and decrease the high turnover rate.

Jan 19, 2017 – HR

I am sorry that you have had such a negative experience. Please allow me to address a few of your concerns:

1) I can assure you that we do not manipulate the reviews listed as, outside of our... More

8. "Great 2nd or 3rd Sales Job Opportunity!"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best work environment I have been apart of in the 4 sales jobs I've had. The training is absolutely phenomenal and if you show that you can work hard and put up numbers. Management Will Acknowledge It!

Cons

It is a call center with minimal windows. If you don't like cold calling and handling Constant Rejection then don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the consistent hands on approach with minimal micromanagement!

Oct 7, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you very much for great review, so glad that we line up well compared to your last roles. Thanks!

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

Pros

I look forward to coming to work everyday. I get to help people grow their businesses, all of the staff is amazing, management is open minded, company is very innovative. Every day I learn something new and overcome different objections. I have made many friends and have personal and professional growth!

Cons

The only thing I can think of here is to tell people... this job requires hard work and dedication.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

10. "Great opportunity!"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the fact that I control my own income. You are given an opportunity to essentially run your own business within a business and your success is determined by how much you put into it.

Cons

If you slack, it will reflect on your income.

Oct 7, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Couldn't agree more - Sales is tough, but hard work pays off. Thanks for your review!