Einstein Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Einstein Industries Reviews

Updated Aug 16, 2019

4.1
Einstein Industries CEO Robert C. Silkey (no image)
Robert C. Silkey

"Great company to work for, good environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very calm work environment with great hours and pay. Managers and co-workers are always willing to help. Not an overwhelming work load at all compared to other sales positions. Company culture is great - lots of monthly activities and meetings that keep everyone involved.

Cons

Morning trainings can be a bore, however, we also have afternoon trainings that are more helpful in terms of growing as a salesperson.

Einstein Industries2019-08-16

"I really like my job here"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy bonuses, no micro management, motivation, great training.

Cons

Wish there was a little more sales energy on the sales floor

Einstein Industries2019-08-02

"It’s a circus here"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Einstein Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees and a nice office

Cons

Terrible management and the compensation is a joke. This is a telemarking job where you have to find/“harvest” your own leads or call a database of old leads left behind by previous employees. There’s no training whatsoever and the managers are basically long term employees who have inherited old clients. Also, the president walks around berating employees in front of everyone. It’s an incredibly toxic work... environment and you can tell the company is not doing well

Advice to Management

Provide training and treat your employees better. It’s really not that difficult. I hope you burn in the hell you created.

Einstein Industries2019-08-09

"Einstein is a sinking ship due to horrible executive decisions, no company culture, bad pay, and little benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA

I worked at Einstein Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

I made some friends along the way (but we were all suffering together). The company was a decent stepping-stone for an actual career afterward.

Cons

I've noticed fake reviews lately praising this company, so that made me want to share my own experiences. I worked there for over a year and documented all of the wrongdoings Einstein doled out to me and everyone else. Here's a list of the things that made me want to quit Einstein: - Raises were frozen and dangled in front of us like animals. The executives told us if we hit a ridiculous sales goal for 3 months... in a row, those who deserve raises will get them. We never hit that sales goal for even one month, so they stopped bringing up raises entirely. - They have no respect for their employees. A manager who was working there for over 17 years got fired on a whim. She was well-loved and fought for her employees, but the CEO apparently didn't like that. - They transfer job responsibilities over to the next person/department and give no higher pay or incentives. - The CEO makes canned speeches every month about wanting everyone in the company to get richer and for their families to have cars and houses and blah blah blah. He's all talk. He says all that just to appease us and then does nothing to create that reality; no raises, no 401k matching, very little room to grow. He also yells at employees in private (and in front of others) but puts on a fake smile when he passes you by. He also barely knows anyones names except people who have been there for 10 years. Everyone is disposable to him -- just as long as he can keep living the rich life, that's all that matters to him. - The executives get spoiled with funds for new cars, laptops, and daily catered food. Meanwhile everyone else just gets empty promises and (if we were lucky) catered food once a month. Maybe if every single room in the office didn't have an 80 inch TV (with many rooms being constantly empty), they could afford to throw some money toward their employees. They all got brand new Macbook Pros with the touchbar sensor. I did the math, and one of those laptops could give at least a $1/hr raise to TWO people for a year. But no, let's get the executives $1,500 laptops in addition to their desktop computers so they can scroll through spreadsheets better. Complete greed. - It's very disorganized. For the last few months, I had no idea where the company was going or what was going on. The executives halted transparency because they were trying to build a product (and taking forever to do it). - There is absolutely no company culture. The office is like a depressing, ever-emptying airplane hangar. So many people have left that the office looks ridiculous with like 50% of the office being empty desks. - Link-building is one of the cornerstones of SEO and, to my knowledge, Einstein had 0 tools or services for link-building. It's strange, because the audit we sold had a section about link profiles and how well our client was performing, yet we had NOTHING for it. It makes absolutely no sense. You can't call yourself an SEO company and not have a link-building service. - They changed the role of "Project Manager" to "Project Coordinator", despite 100% of the employees being against this change.

Advice to Management

Stop spending money on yourselves and start investing in your employees. And stop firing people who speak out against you or have differing opinions. Actually, the company is collapsing anyway, so the only thing that would stop it is starting the company over with executives who aren't selfish and spend money on themselves.

Einstein Industries2019-08-05

"Needed better balance"

Former Employee - Freelance Writer

I worked at Einstein Industries part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good co-workers Training opportunities available Good if you are a self starter

Cons

Bigger focus on sales than on product and team development

Einstein Industries2019-05-07

"Amazing Company with Great Opportunity and Incredible Opportunities"

Current Employee - Local SEO and Paid Media Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is great and everyone is friendly. They do a lot of great things for their employees weekly and are constantly looking for ways to improve the atmosphere of the office. They actually listen to their employees and care about how they feel at work. The office is nice and open and you are setup for success everyday.

Cons

The only downside I have is my commute but that's nothing they are responsible for.

Einstein Industries2019-01-31

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture & environment here.

Cons

None to list at this time

Einstein Industries2019-01-23
  8. "Sales Rep"

I have been working at Einstein Industries

Pros

Great company with a lot of opportunity.

Cons

You must be willing to make a lot of prospecting calls.

Einstein Industries2018-11-28
  9. "Come for the opportunity, stay for the people!"

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time

Pros

Great work environment with many talented to people in all departments.

Cons

Not really a con, but early start time. 7:00am.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and keep trekking forward with innovation.

Einstein Industries2018-08-07

"The best North Texas territory sales rep..."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Einstein Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Once you get to a certain level and demonstrate ability you have endless help. Alan Jenkins is a wealth of knowledge and a great SRM. He made the job fun and helped hone and educate me on products and how to sell. Brittany was another valuable resource who lended a hand. Chris husemann, although new to his roll was more then willing to help if asked. I can't say enough good things about individuals like Mr. Mike... Hurley, although was the boss was engaging to anyone at all levels, offered advice and made the sales floor fun. Overall the people are what make this company what it is. The project managers are always looking out for the clients best interest too, just about any individual ads a positive aspect to your day.

Cons

Pay is always an issue... But if you hustle you'll do well. A lack of continuity between departments is a constant struggle. But people like John bihn are great mediators who try their best. The CEO, Mr. Silkey... He's an old school boiler room type who. His tactics might offend some but I wasn't...the only real con were the metrics and commission changes.

Advice to Management

Keep making those positive strides and listening to employees... Change is good. Oh and increase the base pay for sales and you'll see a better commitment from entry level and mid level sales reps.

Einstein Industries2018-05-23