El Rio Community Health Center Reviews | Glassdoor

El Rio Community Health Center Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

3.3
El Rio Community Health Center Executive Director Kathy Byrne (no image)
Kathy Byrne
  1. "innovative, director of RN Case Managers, communication with acute and out-pt's"

Current Employee - Director, Discharge Care Program in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at El Rio Community Health Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

community health, integrity towards all patients

Cons

slim access to higher management/leadership positions due to those available

Advice to Management

confidential communication between those managed

El Rio Community Health Center2014-10-03
  2. "mission oriented co workers"

Current Employee - Primary Care Physician

I have been working at El Rio Community Health Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

most physicians are mission oriented for underserved, great staff support with behavioral health and clinical pharmacist

Cons

not flexible with schedule management. most employees feel its drastically changing and feels more corporate than non profit

Advice to Management

one of core value is my health matters. current scheduling of extended hours are not ideal for family and women's health.

El Rio Community Health Center2019-09-11
  3. "Great place to make a difference"

Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at El Rio Community Health Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good insurance, PTO, FMLA, promotes within, a lot of programs for patients, integrated health.

Cons

Low pay and poor training....favoritism prevalent

El Rio Community Health Center2019-03-18
  4. "Nurse Practitioner"

Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner

Pros

Great provider leadership. Innovative company.

Cons

Staff is disrespectful and rude with no consequences. Providers are forced to see all late patients whether it makes you run behind or not. Pay is below average. No provider input we are basically instructed on how our clinic will be ran.

Advice to Management

Raises!!! Providers should have some input on the day to day operations of 5he clinic.

El Rio Community Health Center2018-07-03
  5. "Patient communication representative"

I worked at El Rio Community Health Center part-time

Pros

Flexible hours. Great Co Workers Great benefits

Cons

New management really had a hard time understanding employees needs and recognizing great work and achievements. Towards end of employment saw a lot of favoritism

El Rio Community Health Center2018-01-24

"Patient Advocate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at El Rio Community Health Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When I first began working for El Rio over 25 years ago, this clinic really cared about helping the community and supporting their staff. But as time went on and management has changed, they've stopped treating employees, and patients with respect. My hope is that in time, they find upper management who truly care for our community, and not their own pockets.

Cons

Not friendly, not accommodating, ageist, do not respect or care for seniority, low pay, minimal raises, do not support employees in finding alternate jobs in the company when they removed a job title due to contractual changes, do not support or care for the Physicians, rude to clients who speak a different language, unfair to new employees.

Advice to Management

Support all of your employees, be fair and re-evaluate where the majority of your "non-profit" monies go, respect seniority and appreciate the amount of time and care employees have given to your company. The great employees you have are what makes El Rio a friendly community health center, but if you continue to release employees you will lose what once made El Rio great.

El Rio Community Health Center2017-02-18
  7. "Medical Technologist"

Medical Technologist in Zionsville, IN

I worked at El Rio Community Health Center for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Good hours and no weekends when I worked there. However, the clinic days and hours of operation may have changed since then.

Cons

Good steady job, but not a lot of opportunity for career growth.

El Rio Community Health Center2017-01-08

"Potential to harm patient care."

I have been working at El Rio Community Health Center

Pros

Great patients, who appreciate everything you do. Midwives are great. Management is terrible and has them duped.

Cons

Bullying! Birth Center. Management is a joke, they PRETEND to care. Do nothing but play favoritism with the MA who's been there for years. She will poison others to get you fired, they will bully you in order to esteem themselves, then play the victim. They were dangling a baby from a chair and the little baby threw up. YES! That happened! The mother was being seen by a midwife during the time. They are twisted and should be fired.

Advice to Management

El Rio needs to investigate this bunch. This facility will destroy their reputation. This should not be, especially at a clinic where babies are being born. El Rio has a zero tolerance policy for a toxic work environment? Please install cameras!

El Rio Community Health Center2016-10-08
  9. "El Rio"

in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at El Rio Community Health Center for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits package! Great providers! Great co-workers!

Cons

Some of the people in management positions should not be there and some of those same managers are petty and do nothing more than hold others down.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate some of the clinic managers and listen to those that work with these people on a daily basis. Show the employees that they are truly being heard.

El Rio Community Health Center2016-07-08
  10. "Very Nice"

Volunteer/Extern in Thatcher, AZ

I have been working at El Rio Community Health Center for less than a year

Pros

Everyone way very nice and helpful

Cons

No many job opportunities for entry level employees

El Rio Community Health Center2015-11-02