Elabor8 Reviews | Glassdoor

Elabor8 Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

4.2
Elabor8 CEO Paul Velonis (no image)
Paul Velonis
  1. "Great place to work and learn from outstanding professions"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Elabor8 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with high calibre consultants. The recruitment process is challenging which maintains an excellent level of quality.

Cons

Nothing that stands out as negative

Elabor82019-10-06

October 14, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback and glad to hear you're having a great time. We are very proud of our Consultants and everything you achieve.

2. "Culture of sharing"

Former Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Elabor8 full-time

Pros

Good talented people, Knowledge sharing is awesome, training through the academy is great.

Cons

Limit on opportunities, lack of growth.

Elabor82019-10-15
  3. "Very Unethical and Poor workplace culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Elabor8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training and budget of 3k

Cons

Culture - The culture has really gone backwards I have spoken to consultants in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and all say the same. The company needs to go back to its roots and improve employee experiences I know that there has been a massive turnover over the last 1 year, and this is sending alarm bells to all potential new candidates. For a small company this really hurts the brand Also recently I've... seen the reviews on glassdoor, they all seem to be positive. This is because elabor8 hr and management have forced employees to post positive reviews ( I think this it is illegal ? ) A memo came out a few weeks ago and asked the employees to publish favourable reviews and feeling that went around was that the company is struggling to hire new people - It's no wonder you cant hire because the culture has gone backwards In terms of work - The company is very unethical when dealing with clients, consultants are told to work slow in order to increase contract lengths, and billables. Disappointed in how elabor8 have turned out

Advice to Management

See above

Elabor82019-09-02

September 4, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Elabor8 takes the allegations raised in your review very seriously and we strongly deny them. We are disappointed that Glassdoor has allowed these false statements to be published. If an employee has concerns about our company and its culture we encourage them to utilise our whistleblower process.

4. "A truly learning organisation"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant

I have been working at Elabor8 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is my 3 years with Elabor8. I have learnt and grew so much with this company since my first join. I started as a Business Analyst and I have picked up a variety of roles across different industries, including Scrum master, Delivery manager, Product Practitioner Coach, JIRA Workflow specialist to Agile Coach. People in Elabor8 are always friendly and ready to give each other a hand(or a hug) whenever you need... it. The company also encourage diverse voices and opinions here, Elabor8ers all share the same passion to help organisations and teams success, but we may have very different toolsets and approaches to get there. I really enjoy the diversity thinking here as it is consistently inspiring me to learn and grow. The company itself is also consistently looking for an opportunity to grow and better a way to work. I think that's one of the key factors of being able to attract so many learners to this organisation.

Cons

Not what I can think of

Advice to Management

I don’t think Elabor8 has reached its full potential at the moment. There is a bank of knowledge and skillsets are sitting within the organisation that hasn’t fully been discovered, utilised and appreciated enough. Individual's development and learning are not always intentional nor taken a company’s interest into consideration. While this provides lots of flexibility and opportunities for employees, it may not... always be the best interests for the company.

Elabor82019-05-28

June 3, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Our people are certainly what makes us, we value having you part of the Elabor8 family.

5. "They'll be your best friend, until you leave"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Elabor8 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- For a few years the client base was diverse and exciting, it felt like we were getting traction and delivering valuable outcomes - There is a huge

Cons

- It seems like the interesting client base with exciting opportunities has dried up. If government gigs and ground-floor maturity transformation programs are your thing, you may disagree - The perception of the company externally, as a well-oiled agile body shop, does not match the internal portrayal of a senior-advisory firm. As a result the culture has shifted towards one of alienation; if you're working a 12... month contract as a SM or agile BA, are you even contributing to the company's new vision of executive coaching and strategic engagement? This only seeks to breed resentment. - The feedback and recognition system internally is flawed, with the bulk of praise coming from your peers. This works well when you're surrounded by other E8ers in an engagement, but those taking solo roles will feel very isolated, very quickly - Tall Poppy Syndrome is rife with the way the founders treat certain Elabor8 alumni. They'll be quick to throw you under the bus and harass you months after you've left the company. Unless you've taken a contracting gig for a company they've never dealt with, expect a threatening letter or two in the mail. Strangely, though, they'll still be trying to bring you back into the fold throughout the process - The realm of agility is governed by pragmatism and iterative value increments, but sometimes its possible to take this to the extreme and alienate those who are trying to take part in the journey. Expect a new leadership model and roadmap at the end of each fin year where everything is taken back to square one.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and recall the original value proposition you posed to your consulting base - 'Work with us and we'll give you opportunities you can't find anywhere else. When you leave, you're still one of us.' This message seems to have been lost in the last 18 months. By trying to evolve from a subcontracting, long-term engagement model to a short-term, high profile strategic engagement model you've caused a... rift in your consulting base that resents one another. There is also an increasing awareness in the wider agile community around the logic-defying ways the founders have been treating multiple ex-employees lately. If you don't stop these practices it will only harm your reputation in the market over the long-term, and your alumni network will diminish further. In short, leave us alone and move on. We sure have.

Elabor82019-06-06

June 16, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Elabor8 is a business that is built on three key pillars: our customer relationships, our ability to identify and develop talent, and the creation of new thinking/knowledge (IP). We have great relationships with the overwhelming majority of our alumni who respect the importance of those pillars to our business. We love to watch their careers flourish and we celebrate their successes - just as they celebrate ours. As a business with a continuous improvement focus, we will consider your feedback as constructive criticism - we're sorry that your experience hasn't been ideal and would be more than happy to discuss your concerns in more detail. Our email is recruitment@elabor8.com.au.

6. "Senior Business Anslyst"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Elabor8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

An awesome place to work! Fantastic people in management and peers, opportunity to learn and get certified in various areas, after work socializing events, recognition of your work, great ethics and plenty of space to grow.

Cons

I really can’t think of any negatives, perhaps I would have liked to be in the office more than I had time, due to client commitments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Elabor82018-10-15

October 16, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your experience and glad to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope your new job is bringing you as much happiness.

7. "Strong culture of support and innovation"

I have been working at Elabor8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Encourage proactivity, innovation, honesty, and coaching while on site at clients

Cons

If you're not self-motivated or used to thinking outside-the-box this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get people innovating on the same things to collaborate better internally!

Elabor82018-07-24

July 31, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your positive Elabor8 experience. Our culture is something we definitely value and will continue to build upon. Our email is recruitment@elabor8.com.au if you'd be willing to chat through your feedback around collaboration?

8. "Awesome culture. Great people"

I have been working at Elabor8 full-time

Pros

Great culture with awesome people that care about each other

Cons

It can't always be perfect

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Elabor82018-03-16

April 11, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

"Falls short of its potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Elabor8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great consultants - amazing people to work with and learn from. Amazing training budget when you can get time to use it. Great community/Meetup Culture. Inconsistent messages and behaviour from founders and leaders across the organisation can be confusing.

Cons

Inconsistent care of consultants with some favoured and others forgotten or ignored. For long periods of time. Tells a great Agile and diversity story but falls short of living up to either especially at the leadership level. Can show cult-like worship for the shiny/noisy consultants and can lack care for the workhorse consultants that clients love.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourselves and really live up to what you say when it comes to diversity and agile ways of working inside the organisation. Build a contact model that is understood by all leaders, sales and back-office staff so that consultants have a network and consistency of contact from leadership. Know peoples names when you visit the office!

Elabor82018-03-23

April 11, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us constructive feedback on how we can do better. We’re sorry that you didn’t have the experience we strive for. We agree we need to create a supportive environment for all employees which is why we’ve employed a Workforce Manager. We are making lots of internal changes to our annual review process to ensure we are rewarding and recognising our team members. Our email is recruitment@elabor8.com.au if you’d like to chat through your experience further.

10. "Still new, mostly positive - focus on learning is a big plus"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Elabor8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Particularly in the agile world we operate in, the emphasis on continuous learning is greatly appreciated. We get a budget and days off specifically for conferences or trainings. We are encouraged to take time to study and also provided with lots of opportunities to learn from Elabor8 and Elabor8ers. Lots of smart, motivated people to learn from.

Cons

I don't think we get industry standard pay. Or maybe it's just me. Nature of consulting means you don't have much control on where you actually work.

Advice to Management

More contact with and guidance for new consultants on-site. It's nice to be trusted but feedback is a good thing.

Elabor82018-02-17

February 27, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very much appreciated. Continuous learning is at the heart of the culture we strive for so we were particularly pleased to hear that you're enjoying learning from your peers. We're committed to providing Elabor8ers with benefits that are aligned with the market which is why we're constantly benchmarking and adjusting our packages. Always happy to receive further feedback so please email us if you've got more recruitment@elabor8.com.au

Found 21 reviews