Elco Administrative Services Company Liability Claims Administrator Reviews | Glassdoor

Elco Administrative Services Company Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2019

Found 22 reviews

2.7
Elco Administrative Services Company CEO Pamela M. Nicholson (no image)
Pamela M. Nicholson

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time

Pros

Employees can choose between several flex schedules offered with start times ranging from 7am to 9am. This really helps such as when you have kids to pick up at or school or daycare.You can arrive up to 15 min after your scheduled start and not have it counted against you as being late (think traffic!). I heard they are considering a 4 day compressed work week. They are always adjusting their salary ranges to... make sure they keep up with the competition. Add a matching 401K and yearly profit sharing bonus and overall compensation is pretty decent. It's a small office here, like only 25 or so people, so landing a management role isn't a guarantee but adjuster promotions are non competitive....you get promoted based upon meeting goals, not whether there is an 'opening' as is the case with insurance companies. From talking with adjusters at insurance companies, their caseloads are triple what we get. Enterprise is constantly growing, so there's always opportunities in offices they plan on opening. Clean, newer office with lots of amenities like Starbuck's coffee. Getting to go to Corporate right when you start is pretty cool. Most local enterprise employees never get to do that.

Cons

Honestly, with all the pro's, it's tough to come up with a real con. Like any adjusting job, it's hard work. Those with initiative succeed the most. My manager definitely provides me support and direction. We work as a team. That's the way they have it set up here. if you're not okay with that then I guess you can see that as a con.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Tough job given this is a busy claims office.

Elco Administrative Services Company2016-03-11

"Great training ground"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Miami, FL

I worked at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers, great training, some good managers

Cons

High claims volume, not a lot of company events outside of work, low pay compared to the insurance industry, not a lot of growth opportunities once you get to administrator level.

Advice to Management

Better pay to mirror the insurance industry will retain some of the talent that leaves for insurance carriers.

Elco Administrative Services Company2019-03-18
  3. "Liability Administrator"

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility with schedule No micromanaging Freedom A great job to ‘coast’

Cons

Salary is terrible compared to other insurance companies Management does not seem to care much re employee ambition/promotion Management a little ‘checked out’ Unrealistic expectations Impossible to advance, unless you want to relocate Definite favoritism with certain employees Some managers impossible to ever sit down with

Advice to Management

Not really managements fault. All really comes from corporate who are completely tuned out and look at you as only a number

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-12-15

"Claims Representative"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Claim volume Flexibility Depending on your manager you can do well

Cons

No room to grow Managers have been there and aren’t going anywhere Pay is below average

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-08-28
  5. "Find a real insurance company"

Former Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Midvale, UT

I worked at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

-17 paid days off -Schedule flexibility

Cons

- inexperienced management, favoritism , cliques, dress code is ridiculous for a none customer facing position and pay is at the low end of the industry.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and maybe they would stay.

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-08-16
  6. "Liability Claims Rep"

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time

Pros

Mon-Friday work schedule Paid Holidays off

Cons

Workload is extremely demanding Understaffed Management has poor attitude

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-06-11
  7. "Claims Representative"

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time

Pros

Great schedule and awesome management.

Cons

Having to deal with unreasonable people

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-03-02
  8. "ELCO Liability Claims"

Current Employee - Liability Claims Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a great company to start at to get claims/ risk management experience. You learn everything from property damage and bodily injury claims. Completing total loss instead of another department handling this like many insurance companies have.

Cons

Low pay compared to claims rep./adjs. with other organizations.

Advice to Management

Pay your claims rep. what they deserve especially for all the work they do. Low pay is the main reason many stay to get at least a year or two of experience and then go to an insurance company making $10,000+ more.

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-02-27

"Liability Representative I"

I worked at Elco Administrative Services Company

Pros

- Provide you with a lot of experience. - Training.

Cons

-awful pay -too much work with not enough time.. - unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

bring down file load...bring up salary to match the industry.

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-03-26
  10. "Liability Claims Rep"

I worked at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people Good hours Daily freedom If you have a good manager, it makes life all the better

Cons

There are some truly bad managers Work is never ending and can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

Hire more people, and build a pool. It's insurance, we know people are going to quit, and when they do it's usually in waves, be better prepared.

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-01-06