Elder Care Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Adriene Iverson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "a persevering commitment"

I worked at Elder Care Alliance full-time

Pros

innovative, ambitious, and truly committed to having a positive impact

Cons

working through challenges inherent in an organization under transformation

2. "Do not read the 5 star reviews posted by management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Elder Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Surviving industry specializing in elderly care. Stable company and you will get paid on time. Some employees are nice people.

Cons

Bad company morals. Promotes gossiping and backstabbing. HR doesn’t do background checks before new hires and the company sometimes hires people with felonies.

Elder Care Alliance Response

Jan 8, 2018 – Vice President of Sales

At Elder Care Alliance, we take employee feedback seriously and thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are committed to fostering a collaborative environment to ensure our core... More

"Excellent Organization that fosters learning, growth, and a passion for senior living"

Current Employee - Assistant Executive Director in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Executive Director in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Elder Care Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely high functioning team of professionals both at the support center in Alameda as well as the community I work at, AlmaVia of San Rafael. Core values are in the forefront of daily operations and everyone from residents to directors to front line staff are treated with dignity, respect, and are well cared for. I personally have never worked for another organization that was as staff oriented as Eldercare Alliance. My goal coming into the organization was to learn, grow, and develop as a professional and a person and I have certainly accomplished that with the help of the organization. At all levels of ECA there are matrix like leadership systems where support is abundant. It isn't unusual for a director to speak directly with the CEO or CFO, and this is actually encouraged and embraced. ECA has open communication lines that allow leaders and emerging leaders to foster their own personal growth. I highly recommend ECA and our communities as a place to work and grow as a person and professional.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

"True to Mission, Vision and Values"

I have been working at Elder Care Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Elder Care Alliance is a true learning organization, supporting learning opportunities for all levels of staff and providing opportunities to grow and develop throughout the work-life. "Learning" is thought of in so many different ways--staff learn from each other, they learn from leadership, they learn from the elders we serve. Leadership learns from each other, from the industry, from staff, and from the families and elders we serve. All are welcomed to explore professional and personal development opportunities.
    ECA prides itself on offering generous benefits. There are many non-monetary benefits too--most meaningful to me has been the sense of 'home' and 'family' I have from people I work alongside. I've received handwritten notes about family losses, heartfelt praise and encouragement, and countless other little moments that make me feel valued. These things are hard to put on paper and hard to quantify, but they mean so much. I have felt seen and supported as a whole person since day one.

Cons

Our primary location in the Bay Area (with one SoCA location at this time) means long commutes for many people.

5. "A True Mission-Oriented Non-Profit"

I have been working at Elder Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elder Care Alliance is rare among non-profits - it's a non-profit in MORE than name only. A set of values aligned to a compelling mission is lived out in a set of practices that everyone in the organization co-created and everyone has embraced. These practices guide how we communicate and support one another as employees and how we interact with residents and families. For the vast majority of team members at ECA, working here is FAR more than a job - it's a calling.

Cons

There are incredibly few things to mention as areas of opportunity, but one that the leadership needs to work on is changing the company's time off policy - right now it's not transparent and it's not generous.

Advice to Management

A more generous time off policy will attract more people to work here, will cause more to stay - and will create opportunities for renewal so important for everyone.

6. "Walks the Talk!"

I have been working at Elder Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Rarely do you see a company that "walks the talk". From the CEO, Leadership team and all the valued team member they strive every day to do what's right for team and people the serve. I've not worked for a company that not only strive to live their values but continue to look to improve on them. Also continually make improvements to there processes responsibly.
    This is a values driven company with a high moral standard who make every effort to ensure the success of all there team members.

Cons

No company is perfect, but they continually review and make honest assessments of what is working and not working. Then without ego try and find a better way to execute be it culture or business.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on!

"Certain Minorities are not welcom"

Former Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Alameda, CA

I worked at Elder Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been working since the age of 14 and I'm almost 50 now and never worked for a company that was blaitinly prejudice.

Cons

If not the right race, it's very difficult to get ahead

Advice to Management

Either retire, (which at their ages they should) or learn how to treat every employee with the same respect, no matter, what color or sexual orientation.

Elder Care Alliance Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Vice President of Sales

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry to hear of the experience you have described. Elder Care Alliance values all of its associates and is committed to fostering a... More

8. "Activity Leader - Memory Care"

Pros

Clean, modern facility, with the latest in decor.

Cons

Communication and inclusion between upper Management and staff was sparse. This separation made non-management staff feel left out & unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Make a point to include all staff when possible, to promote unity, trust & to build morale.

9. "Pros and cons"

Pros

Nice residents. Good work experience. Friendly staff members. Nice location.

Cons

Always changing management. Unstable hours per week. Moderate stress.

"Great place to work"

Pros

Excellent salary, management takes into account employee concerns, wonderful staff

Cons

Long hours required to complete the job, must work holidays unless taking PTO