Elderwood Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Elderwood Co-CEO Jeffrey Rubin
Jeffrey Rubin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Exciting fast paced reliable workers" (in 2 reviews)

• "Eldwerwood is a wonderful work place with great staff" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, fair working conditions, aloof and condescending parent company" (in 3 reviews)

• "New management from corporate level to department heads are money focused and not resident focused" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Administrative Services"

I have been working at Elderwood full-time

Pros

Culture of the office is fun and collaborative, everyone's best interests focus on making the company better so we can provide amazing service and care to our residents across all of our businesses, they provide you the realistic tools needed to do your job!

Cons

None up to this point

2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Elderwood full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with the staff. Working with all levels of employees is a great way to stay connected and share great ideas.

Cons

I would like to see more training for the department heads and higher levels of the employees. The training they receive upon hire is lacking in to many areas.

Advice to Management

Support your staff when addressing training issues to the corporate level. Turnover would diminish if the support was available to department heads.

3. "LPN"

I worked at Elderwood full-time

Pros

Residents are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Management doesn't care about the residents or employees. They are more concerned with staffing rather than the care provided or lack of.

Advice to Management

Try to fix problems that employees are having and care about what they do.

"worst place I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - CNA in Liverpool, NY
    Former Employee - CNA in Liverpool, NY

I worked at Elderwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros at working here

Cons

always short staffed, never see the ADON or the DON, the higher up employees never help. the poor residents are the ones that suffer. they are neglected by all of the employees.

"Read everyone else's reviews..this isnt just disgruntled employees"

Former Employee - Dont Apply
    Former Employee - Dont Apply

Pros

Co-workers and residents. Parking was easily. Looks good externally. The employees that aren't management care about the residents.

Cons

Elderwood isnt the place to work. They look good from the outside but the internal running of the place is horrible. The new company treats you like your expendable. The management is very cliquey. High turnover rate for staff especially nursing. If you have an opinion about something and they don't like it they look at ways to get rid of you. Upper management shows favoritism towards employees.

Advice to Management

Stop socializing with each other. Go on the floors and help out when short of staff. Stop admitting residents that are high risk of falls or endangerment to themselves without the proper staffing. Treat all employees with respect. Make all employees wear an uniform across the board.

6. "Great opportunity"

I have been working at Elderwood full-time

Pros

They have always provided me with the resources needed to succeed. The ownership is accessible and the Buffalo office is in a cool location and building. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

It could be more progressive and I believe they are working towards that.

"Love working for Elderwood!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Elderwood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth, great staff, travel opportunities, new technologies, flexibility, training and education for staff, paid time off program, education incentives to help you go back to school.

Cons

Pay isn’t competitive enough for the nurses. The LPNs in nursing homes shouldn’t be paid the same as assisted living nurses. They do more work and deserve more money!

Advice to Management

Evaluate benefits and pay.

8. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Lancaster, NY

I worked at Elderwood part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elderwood breeds excellent management and a code of ethics that makes me proud to be affiliated with the company. The management takes time to educate staff to better help them meet the needs of their clients.

Cons

None. I enjoyed all of my time working for Elderwood and hope to return in the future. The staff is very compassionate and caring.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Know that you are respected and your hard work is acknowledged.

9. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Elderwood full-time

Pros

I work at corporate, so my review may be different than many of those in the facilities. While at first it may seem cold and quiet here, it's really because everyone is so hard at work! I have a great boss who is willing to go to bat for me. I really enjoy my co-workers and look forward to getting to know them better. I really like the fast-paced environment of the company. Expectations are realistic, hours are totally manageable, and PTO is looked at as a good thing - you're allowed to take it when you want (within reason) and are expected to enjoy it - refreshing compared to some other companies!

Cons

Culture can sometimes be a little rigid. It would be nice to have more employee-centered events or benefits. While there may be a party or two around the holidays, it is just for a select department. It is difficult to get to know those who we don't work with on a day-to-day basis.

Advice to Management

Keep doing great! But make sure to not forget the "little people" who keep the business running.

"Elderwood's business model"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Elderwood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

quitting and finding a job where I received a heck of lot more respect.

Cons

Managements' approach:
    1. Research the best practice models and methods to increase employee retention and satisfaction.
    2. Do the opposite.
    3. Cause half your staff to quit.
    4. Fire the rest.
    5. Get Promoted.

Advice to Management

Your lack of compassion for both the needs of your employees and the residents is evident in high turnovers, ridiculous reprimands and write-ups, and your greedy, money driven motives. You will never retain quality employees unless you figure out why people keep quitting. Note: people don't leave good jobs. A high percentage of your employees are very unhappy.