Electric Guard Dog Reviews | Glassdoor

Electric Guard Dog CEO Mark Wesley
Mark Wesley
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work is challenging, but I never feel taken for granted and I'm grateful to be a part of this growing establishment" (in 3 reviews)

• "All in all this is a great place to work, with a friendly environment" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k matching from employer would be nice" (in 2 reviews)

• "It just takes time to learn a unique business like EGD" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wish I would have found this job sooner!"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wake up every morning excited to go to work... sounds cliché, but so true! Co-workers and team atmosphere are great! Management wants you to succeed in your position.

Cons

As a growing company, the roles are continuously changing, and next steps/advancements in your career path are sometimes unclear. I would like upper management to take some time to focus on where the company is going ,and help setting up your where you see your self advancing.

Advice to Management

Keep the "family" mentality as the company continues to grow.

Jul 30, 2018 – CEO

We are excited that you are excited! We understand that more clarity about future career paths would be helpful to the team. We will endeavor to do more to show potential paths.
    Sometimes its hard... More

2. "CEO"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Columbia, SC

I worked at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mark has the skills needed to lead EGD into the future. He is doing a great job listening to employees and customers.

Cons

It just takes time to learn a unique business like EGD.

Advice to Management

Just keep up your current approach and you and the team will achieve new records all the time!

Aug 14, 2018 – CEO

It is an honor to lead this company and to continue building on the solid foundation that has been established! Mark Wesley

3. "Security Consultant-Outside Sales Represenative"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love my job and the product! This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees. Great Team work and wonderful pay!

Cons

No cons at all what so ever

Jun 18, 2018 – CEO

We are excited that you are excited! We believe in what we call the "virtuous circle" of happy customers leading to happy people which leads to happy customers.
    Everyone works hard to achieve the... More

4. "Great Company Overall"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

A strong culture pervades this organization; Revenue growth has been strong and is accelerating; there is a good sense of teamwork; Management is very stable and highly tenured; I feel valued

Cons

None that I can think of

May 29, 2018 – CEO

We appreciate your positive comments on culture and the fact that you feel valued. AT EGD there is what we call a virtuous circle in place. we have Net Promoter Scores over 95 and Glassdoor rankings... More

5. "Trying to reinvent the wheel"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

It was a great place to work before new senior management

Cons

Lack of diversity in workforce

Mar 29, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. we are sorry that our new senior management is a concern to you. Request you talk to your supervisor, HR , or myself to give us an opportunity to make things better... More

6. "Regional Account Executive"

I worked at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

Great leadership, understand that sales drives the business and give their reps full support and all the tools they need.

Cons

Go where the crime is so you go into some shady places and neighborhoods. Very hard sale

Mar 29, 2018 – CEO

Appreciate your comments.
     Yes, EGD is a missionary sale and that is not always easy. We are creating the electric security fence industry. However once you have sold the concept of the electric... More

7. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Electric Guard Dog is a great place to work because of the my co-workers and the "team" attitude of the entire company. Job responsibilities and expectations are accurately described in the interview process. Once hired I was provided all the tools necessary to be successful. Great working environment and atmosphere.

Cons

I haven't discovered any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, your candid answers to questions and willingness to share the goals of our company certainly contribute to my workplace satisfaction.

Dec 9, 2017 – CEO

Wow, am I ever glad to hear that we described the job well in the interview process. I think it is important that in addition to the candidate having the skills we need, that we have the kind of... More

8. "Great Company with Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at Electric Guard Dog because we all work together as a team to grow and amazing company. Electric Guard Dog is a company that really cares for their employees. The leadership in this company is top notch!

Cons

Honestly, i can't think of any.

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

Teamwork and Excellence are two of most important company values. As Mike Dorrington says this is a Legacy Opportunity for each of us to really make a difference. The company is still small enough... More

9. "I found my dream job!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful training & on boarding program. Beautiful corporate office setting. Warm, friendly & welcoming environment. Strong support from Department Manager - Crystal, as well as the entire team! Crystal is very approachable & highly respected by her team. I truly felt part of the team after only a week.

Cons

I wish I found this opportunity sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep the environment fast, fun & friendly. Continue to manage poor performers and move them out. This will keep morale positive among top performers. Recognize strong performance & set challenging, yet obtainable developmental goals. Continue to lead by example. Build strong rapport with other departments while working cross functionally. Give real time & constructive feedback.

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

We are blessed with Dream Employees like yourself! We are glad your start has been so positive. We aren't perfect so when concerns come up please discus them your leader, HR, or myself. We are... More

10. "All Thumbs Up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a long road to find a place like EGD. Not only is the service and product we provide something I truly believe in, it's also like working with a big family. The work is challenging, but I never feel taken for granted and I'm grateful to be a part of this growing establishment. Creativity and ideas are welcome. It's a rarity to land a job you look forward to everyday!

Cons

Nothing I don't feel comfortable speaking to my manager about.

Oct 10, 2017 – CEO

We are happy that you found us too! We appreciate and need people that want to work in such an environment.
    I am particularly happy to see your "Cons" comment. No one is perfect and we all make... More