Electric Guard Dog Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Electric Guard Dog CEO Mark Wesley
Mark Wesley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work is challenging, but I never feel taken for granted and I'm grateful to be a part of this growing establishment" (in 3 reviews)

• "It was a great place to work before new senior management" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k matching from employer would be nice" (in 2 reviews)

• "It just takes time to learn a unique business like EGD" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Security Consultant-Outside Sales Represenative"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love my job and the product! This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees. Great Team work and wonderful pay!

Cons

No cons at all what so ever

Jun 18, 2018 – CEO

We are excited that you are excited! We believe in what we call the "virtuous circle" of happy customers leading to happy people which leads to happy customers.
    Everyone works hard to achieve the... More

""Shockingly" fun place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Electric Guard Dog is the family atmosphere. EGD Management truly cares about your success. They go above and beyond to train you and equip you with a successful career. EGD is very family oriented and understanding when life happens. We couldn't ask for a better leadership group.

Cons

I can't think of anything

Oct 19, 2018 – CEO

Thank you very much for the feedback. I look forward to maintaining the family environment that exists at EGD. Mark Wesley

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

Great Culture! Management cares about customers and employees. Great team atmosphere and company gives back to the community

Cons

Growth opportunities at this time are limited. Newer employees have little PTO, and have to use PTO for sick days

Advice to Management

Allow for more flexibility with schedule for employees

Oct 19, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback! I have been very impressed with the team environment and open communication that exists at EGD. I will work hard to keep these two important aspects of our culture. As... More

"Better and Stronger Every Day!"

Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This has become an environment that continues to grow better and stronger every day. A few years ago I felt this was almost a magical place to work. It was a fun place I enjoyed coming to every day where my opinions and talents were valued. Things took a drastic change when we had a huge change in management and direction of the company. It was exactly what we all needed to get even better. We are now at a place many of us couldn't comprehend if you had told us back then this is where we would be in the short amount of time.

We recently had a big shift in leaders as our CEO retired. Well deserved as he led us to where we are now. Mark Wesley, our new CEO will carry us into the next chapter and I'm excited to see where we go next! I have no doubts we will soar to far new heights!

Cons

This isn't really a con but if you are not good with change, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I look forward to where we are going in the future. As an employee it's nice to have our opinions heard and considered.

Oct 19, 2018 – CEO

I am glad you have found this to be a special place to work. We will continue to listen to feedback from both our customers and our employees. I am also very excited about the future! Mark Wesley

5. "Upbeat & Driven Company"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat culture
    Stellar business model

Cons

None...I simply love working here

Advice to Management

A culture of "can-do" attitudes and positive support for one another has been firmly established under Jack's leadership. Thanks, Jack! The virtuous cycle of putting employees first and the customer second has been proven out: Happy employees are indeed taking care of EGD's business! I am honored to be a part of such an awesome group of hardworking professionals. So glad I made the move to EGD!

Aug 23, 2018 – CEO

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad that you made the move to EGD and enjoy working here! I look forward to continue building on the strong, positive culture that has been... More

6. "CEO"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Columbia, SC

I worked at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mark has the skills needed to lead EGD into the future. He is doing a great job listening to employees and customers.

Cons

It just takes time to learn a unique business like EGD.

Advice to Management

Just keep up your current approach and you and the team will achieve new records all the time!

Aug 14, 2018 – CEO

It is an honor to lead this company and to continue building on the solid foundation that has been established! Mark Wesley

7. "Great Company Overall"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

A strong culture pervades this organization; Revenue growth has been strong and is accelerating; there is a good sense of teamwork; Management is very stable and highly tenured; I feel valued

Cons

None that I can think of

May 29, 2018 – CEO

We appreciate your positive comments on culture and the fact that you feel valued. AT EGD there is what we call a virtuous circle in place. we have Net Promoter Scores over 95 and Glassdoor rankings... More

8. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Electric Guard Dog is a great place to work because of the my co-workers and the "team" attitude of the entire company. Job responsibilities and expectations are accurately described in the interview process. Once hired I was provided all the tools necessary to be successful. Great working environment and atmosphere.

Cons

I haven't discovered any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, your candid answers to questions and willingness to share the goals of our company certainly contribute to my workplace satisfaction.

Dec 9, 2017 – CEO

Wow, am I ever glad to hear that we described the job well in the interview process. I think it is important that in addition to the candidate having the skills we need, that we have the kind of... More

9. "I found my dream job!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful training & on boarding program. Beautiful corporate office setting. Warm, friendly & welcoming environment. Strong support from Department Manager - Crystal, as well as the entire team! Crystal is very approachable & highly respected by her team. I truly felt part of the team after only a week.

Cons

I wish I found this opportunity sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep the environment fast, fun & friendly. Continue to manage poor performers and move them out. This will keep morale positive among top performers. Recognize strong performance & set challenging, yet obtainable developmental goals. Continue to lead by example. Build strong rapport with other departments while working cross functionally. Give real time & constructive feedback.

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

We are blessed with Dream Employees like yourself! We are glad your start has been so positive. We aren't perfect so when concerns come up please discus them your leader, HR, or myself. We are... More

10. "All Thumbs Up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a long road to find a place like EGD. Not only is the service and product we provide something I truly believe in, it's also like working with a big family. The work is challenging, but I never feel taken for granted and I'm grateful to be a part of this growing establishment. Creativity and ideas are welcome. It's a rarity to land a job you look forward to everyday!

Cons

Nothing I don't feel comfortable speaking to my manager about.

Oct 10, 2017 – CEO

We are happy that you found us too! We appreciate and need people that want to work in such an environment.
    I am particularly happy to see your "Cons" comment. No one is perfect and we all make... More