Electric Guard Dog Reviews | Glassdoor

Electric Guard Dog Reviews

Updated October 12, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work is challenging, but I never feel taken for granted and I'm grateful to be a part of this growing establishment" (in 3 reviews)

• "It was a great place to work before new senior management" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k matching from employer would be nice" (in 2 reviews)

• "It just takes time to learn a unique business like EGD" (in 3 reviews)

"PART OF A TEAM THAT IS GOING TO MAKE HISTORY!!!!"

Pros

Electric Guard Dog fosters a team environment that challenges its employees. With hard work and determination, there are a number of opportunities to advance and make an impact on this growing industry. This company is not only cares about its business/customers but also about those who actually make it all happen-The Employees. Working for this company presents a unique opportunity that one does not typically stumble upon-a chance to make history at a rapidly growing company! If you are looking for just a job, this isn't for you. This is a career opportunity-go for it!

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Always keep growing and challenging your staff!

Dec 21, 2016

Electric Guard Dog is the only company that has invested in the capability to provide this needed crime deterrent system nationwide. We have the opportunity to build an industry while protecting... More

"PROUD to be a part of the team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for EGD for a little over 2 months now. Before coming on with the company I had a 15 year work history with my previous employer. I did not realize how different things would be. EGD cares about their employees and works hard to ensure that they are happy and enjoy coming to work. I now feel like part of a family. We all work TOGETHER to get the job done. The work is challenging and fulfilling. I truly love every minute of it. EGD is growing rapidly and is very successful. This is because of the stellar leadership the company has. I have never been happier and I am so thankful to have found a company that I can be proud to tell people I work for.

Cons

There are none from me at this point

Advice to Management

Company Match on 401K would be a great addition to the competitive compensation

Dec 21, 2016

This is a tough post to live up to but we will continue to try to do so.
    Even though not matched I encourage everyone to use the 401K program because of its tax advantages.
    At the moment we feel... More

3. "Great Company and Culture"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog part-time

Pros

Engaged Management; growth opportunities; civic-minded; caring employer; great communication; invest in people and environment

Cons

No glaring issues; internal coordination challenging due to strong growth; change in ownership created uncertainty but willingness to invest has been comforting;

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Dec 27, 2016 – CEO

Glad to see you enjoy the excitement at Electric Guard Dog! As a fast growing company we acknowledge that coordination can be an issue. We work at improving it while we understand that it can always... More

"We actually GLOW with electricity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Electric Guard Dog has been an amazing team to be a part of. The growth I have experienced here has been exceptional and certainly is a source of pride. We recently had a holiday party where we were able to celebrate our excitement, success and vision for the future with our families and founding members of EGD. A company that continues to invite people who no longer work for the company but helped lay the pavement is a rarity and one I am proud to be a part of.

Cons

With any growing organization there are growing pains. At times things can get frustrating as with any other job. Long term patience is certainly a virtue.

Advice to Management

Lets keep it going! We all feel the wave and are ready to ride forward. Spend a little more time talking to employees one on one to see where there may be cracks or holes.

Dec 20, 2016

Growth is exciting and the party was super.
    In a company that grows so much faster than the industry we make mistakes but we do try to fix them as quickly as possible.
    I agree with your comment... More

"not the typical company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the course of my career, I've worked for companies ranging from as few as 4 employees to one well over 10,000. In the behemoth company, where most employees never interacted with the CEO, the path to decent advancement could often be long and/or political. In the super small companies, there was a homey feel yet otherwise little potential for decent raises or advancement. One of the nice things about EGD is that it hits the rare "size" sweet spot. It's been a legitimate national company for many years now, with lots of growth, yet still to this day has a small enough headcount (a little over 100 employees, but has been growing) that upper management (including the CEO) will know who you are. The culture of upper management truly is one of open communication. If you are a great performer (or not), you will be noticed. There's not a lot of the overly heavy HR bureaucracy you find at much larger companies, which makes it easier to reward good performance for all employees, not just ones at the top. At the same time, there's a sense of satisfaction in working for a company that helps to provide peace of mind to critical industries and companies throughout the nation. They also do a good job of using the latest technology in both their security products offered to their customers and internally with their employees. This is in stark contrast to past employers where even getting a second monitor could be like pulling teeth. EGD is the best parts of big and small.

Cons

I wouldn't run the company much differently. There may occasionally be tactical decisions I disagree with, but again nice thing is management listens to your input. You won't be shunned for suggesting something that management may decide against.

Advice to Management

Keep going. I believe we are on the right track for higher growth and overall continued success in the security industry.

Dec 20, 2016 – CEO

Your comment describes the environment we seek, not so big that the importance of the individual is lost, but not so small that you lack scale to get things done. Sort of a Goldilocks situation of a... More

"Can't judge a book by its cover"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

Hours are good and most co-workers are easy to get along with.

Cons

On the surface, the company appears to be a great place to work. They talk a good game but do not follow thru on their promises

Dec 20, 2016

Sorry we have missed the mark on or commitments to you. Would you be more specific on promises we have failed to meet. I do not doubt that as human beings we have made mistakes.
    Please share some... More

"Innovative Security Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is forward thinking. Willing to spend money to ensure the staff has the resources needed to perform their job functions effectively. Listens and implements the employee's recommendations and ideas. Values the individual and their family, believes in work/life balance. Open office format, everyone is approachable including the CEO. Very moral and ethical company.

Cons

No cons from me at this point.

Dec 27, 2016 – CEO

This is another post that will be hard to live up to. You certainly describe what we strive to be while we are aware that as human beings we don't always make it. Let us know when we could have done... More

"Security"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a great place to be.

Cons

Lost contract to a new company.

Advice to Management

IT WAS GREAT TO BE APART OF THE TEAM.

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your efforts, we enjoyed working together!
    Best wishes.
    Jack DeMao

"Outside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Electric Guard Dog is a sales focused organization. I have been with the company for a few years and can honestly say joining the team was the best decision in my sales career. Of course it is about the numbers, but they invest in not only the success of the company but also the personal and professional goals of their team. In addition to salary and bonuses, they also are very willing to make significant commitments to continuing education and training above and beyond typical initial training.

Cons

This is a challenging position, not as easy job. The sales process can be long and timing has to be just about perfect. If you are looking to skate through with minimum effort this is NOT the right position. You must learn to handle above average amounts of rejection, with this being said, when you close a deal it becomes incredibly rewarding and satisfying.

Mar 12, 2017 – CEO

We appreciate your sense of commitment. Ours is a missionary sale and therefore takes a little more tenacity than the average sale. On the other hand when you have shown a business person how to... More

"Great since day 1!"

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

Since the first interview with Electric Guard Dog to now, its been fabulous. The interview process moves quick and they don't like to waste their time or yours. Truly has to be a great fit for both sides. If they want you nothing will hold them back.

The training with EGD is phenomenal. The first week you will spend at the corporate HQ doing classroom training, from there you will spend 2 weeks in the field with sales reps learning the process and how to succeed. After the initial 3 weeks of training if they feel you need additional training they will send you back to HQ. If they feel comfortable they will send you to your market with an executive who will introduce you to your market. They give you every opportunity to succeed and want nothing more.

They truly care about the growth of the company and will give you all the resources to make that happen.

Cons

At the moment, nothing comes to mind

Advice to Management

So far everything has been great. Continue to give us the resources to succeed.

Aug 1, 2017 – CEO

Glad to hear you had a great start.
    Jack DeMao