Electric Guard Dog Reviews | Glassdoor

Electric Guard Dog Reviews

Updated October 12, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work is challenging, but I never feel taken for granted and I'm grateful to be a part of this growing establishment" (in 3 reviews)

• "It was a great place to work before new senior management" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k matching from employer would be nice" (in 2 reviews)

• "It just takes time to learn a unique business like EGD" (in 3 reviews)

"I love my job"

Pros

It's a fun place to come to everyday, I really enjoy most of the people I work with. The company is growing so fast you really must be able to keep up as things change. Management really cares about your well-being and mental health. Each department is like a different cog in the wheel that seem to move together so nicely. I have seen those who don't necessarily fit in in one department get to transfer to another if there is a position available.

Cons

There could be a little more communication between departments as well as understanding. This includes our people who work outside of the office all across the country.

Advice to Management

Talk more to employees for feedback so you are at least aware the good as well as negative things that are going on.

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

Thanks you for your post.
    You are absolutely right, there can never be enough communication.
    It is challenging to stay in touch when half our team is spread across 48 states!
    Video conferencing... More

"Sales Management"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3+ years ago, I came to work at Electric Guard Dog as a struggling outside representative. Professionally, I was in the tank from a confidence standpoint. I knew that I could sell, but almost 3 years of constant failure in my previous job had me doubting myself and my ability. Because of this, I came in with an open mind on adopting training methods and sales skill that were previously not in my skill set. I have no doubt that it is because of the adoption of the policies and utilization of the training given to me by the CEO, Sales Manager, and Experienced Colleagues that I have been more successful than I have ever thought possible.

In addition to being well compensated for my success, I have the ability to feel like I am a cog in the machine and that my contribution to this company directly reflects the company's success. Prior to coming on board, I felt (and was sure) that I was nothing more than an expendable number for the large corporate company that I was working for.

Since coming on, I have seen a complete turnaround in my mental makeup both personally and professionally. I have also been promoted from within.

This is a company that not only cares about its Employees, by taking care of them with things like compensation and insurance, but also because it puts its employees in a position to be successful

Cons

Not all Companies are perfect, but having been here from some time, any issues are so minor in nature that nothing truly comes to mind.

Advice to Management

I would tell Management to continue down the current path that this company is on. Keep up the good work.

Aug 1, 2017 – CEO

I am glad we were able to help you regain your confidence and see the results of your efforts. For many of us it is a "legacy opportunity" we are glad that you see it that way too.
    Thank you for... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that this is a fast past environment with challenging work. There is little room for boredom here! There are opportunities within the company for growth and promotion as well as for raises and bonuses. Expectations are set very high here and quality work required. Management does a great job of making sure employees have the training and tools needed for success. Compensation and benefits are good for this size company.

Cons

The high intensity work environment can lead to quick burnout. It’s up to the employee to gauge that and speak to their manager if it becomes overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Would love to see the company improve the 401K program by adding employer matching.

Aug 1, 2017 – CEO

Your comments about the pace of work are very accurate. We are creating a very unique opportunity at EGD and the pace can be tough. Your suggestion that employees talk to their manager if things are... More

4. "Work hard, make a truckload."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog (Less than a year)

Pros

-We work from home and make our own hours/schedule.
    -We have goals that are VERY attainable and as long as we are working diligently, we have very little interference from our boss.
    -You also have the opportunity to sell a product without any real competition in a recession proof industry.
    -The company is small enough that you get to regularly interact with CEO himself (coming from a huge company prior to EGD, I love that).
    -They take GREAT financial care of us and want to see people get paid on accounts that sell.
    -Because we don't compete with each other, everyone that works in this company wants to help you be successful.
    -Large territories.

Cons

I don't know if it is a con but you have to be extremely self motivated. We get paid very well and we work hard. No one in this company has much patience for salespeople that aren't hungry.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, y'all.

Aug 1, 2017 – CEO

Love your headline "Work Hard make a Truckload".
    Very glad that we are providing the right opportunity for you to succeed.
    Thank you for your post and contribution.
    Jack DeMao

"Great Fast-Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company genuinely cares about the future of the company and the employees that work here. This company has been more than understanding during and after my pregnancy. It feels great working for such a great, family oriented company!

Cons

Because the company is growing so fast, you must be self-sufficient and catch on very quickly.

Advice to Management

Management has been great. They all work to better the company as a whole!

May 29, 2018 – CEO

Electric Guard Dog is a growing company in more ways than one. In addition to our customer growth our people are growing their families. It is an honor to support our people during these times of... More

"Great Leadership!! Stable Company !!"

Current Employee - Management in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Management in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time

Pros

I have been working at EGD for many years and have seen many changes. The company is still very dedicated to meeting the customers needs by giving the employees the resources to meet those needs. Outdoor perimeter security requires a specialized security solution. EGD is willing to train their employees on how to provide this service. Great satisfaction knowing we are smarter than the bad guys!!

Cons

Fast growing companies have the challenge to meet customers needs and stay on top of new products. EGD is growing by offering new products which can be challenging to employees to learn. EGD has implemented several training classes to help us gain the training we need.

Advice to Management

Keep the training programs going strong so we can keep offering new products to our customers.

"Great pay, stable company that cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Regional Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Account Executive in Houston, TX

Pros

This company rewards performance, so if you are good at your position, at some point you may have a chance for a promotion. They are in growth mode and are adaptable and flexible to changes in the work environment. The CEO is an incredible smart man, who I've been honored to be able to learn from. All in all this is a great place to work, with a friendly environment.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work outside of normal business "working hours" such as the 9-5 - which in not unlike many companies. This is not really a "con" per se, but it is a fact that at some point you may have to work past the typical work day. If you don't like doing this, this may not be the job for you. However, the company is respectable to work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the quality people. We currently have a good team in place that are all focused on the success of the company. Keep the promotions/incentives company when possible (whether it be for the internal or external customers)...as these are good motivators to everyone.

"Regional Account Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At first they treat you well, electronic toys, support, training, etc.

Cons

Extremely "micro managed" at EVERY level. Management "requests" social media reviews. They were rated as a TOP company in SC but has laid off over 25 people in the last 5 months, there are a few good employees left however most are "eyes & ears" to CEO and NSM.

Advice to Management

Stop the "micro" management and you'll get more from the employees. Stop the "cookie cutter" sales approach in every territory (they are different), Stop using the same customer promotions, over and over again. Please stop telling us the "customers" love us, they don't, most all have issues with customer service, false alarms, etc. 7-10 days is too long to wait for a service call.

"Stellar Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel that EGD is a great company that goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. The CEO is an amazing and intelligent leader that has compassion for his employees. The employees are all great, and the product is second to none.

Cons

The growth exceeded the training materials and programs. I feel that more should be put in to the development of training for all departments.

Advice to Management

Input more into building training materials for new hires.

"The Best Company I work for"

Current Employee - Regional Account Executive
    Current Employee - Regional Account Executive

I have been working at Electric Guard Dog full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been working for EGD for the since November 2013 , Great growing company, best training, Managers and CEO of the company are great people to deal with. The product is great and if you follow up on your leads and cold calls it practically sells by itself , Management will help you sell and reach quota with promotions,
    The hiring process was quick and great. Overall is been a great experience I am looking forward to work here for many years.

Cons

At the beginning I would say training but now I don't have anything bad about EGD

Advice to Management

Keep doing the excellent Work!!!