Electrolux Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Electrolux President and CEO Jonas Samuelson
Jonas Samuelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good work/life balance lots of positions solid house of recognizable brands (in 28 reviews)

• Great Work Environment, good implantation of Lean (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot if inside politics, forcing the researches to do pointless work just to please the upper management; (in 17 reviews)

• slow in terms of decision making (in 15 reviews)

1. "Service Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Electrolux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good job. Easy schedule to work with. Awesome benefits (3 weeks of PTO).

Cons

I can tell that favoritism is what gets you up the later

2. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at Electrolux full-time

Pros

Good pay
    Good benefits
    No micromanagement

Cons

High turnover
    No value to individuals

Advice to Management

Work on valuing the employee

3. "Worthwhile job"

Former Employee - ESA/Parts Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - ESA/Parts Specialist in Augusta, GA

I worked at Electrolux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional call center with typical pros/cons of an overly social work environment. The pay is very good in ESA/Parts. When you take advantage of your commissions, you can strongly increase your salary.

Cons

Unfortunately, their after warranty service (along with others in the appliance industry) is a sham. And they have more loopholes than swiss cheese for not upholding their guarantee to replace customers appliances that have malfunctioned (or been damaged by servicers, or repeatedly not repaired) leaving you to provide excellent customer service for a lackluster situation.

Advice to Management

There's rightfully a high emphasis on quality, procedure, protocol, nearly to the point of being robotic. What killed my job was, although a top performer, I constantly felt the pressure of being nitpicked about QA scores. One can do 30 things correctly in a call, even exceed expectations, and still be chastised about 5 things that didn't meet the checklist. It would probably help if the QA were weighted to prioritize the customer engagement, then hit a percentage of the checklist points. Also, their attendance point system is senile. I should be able to schedule time off in advance without being penalized for 365 days. So with the multiple axes at my neck, I resigned, and I'm happy I did. Had I been able to take off more time, or points roll off sooner, I probably would have stayed.

"Summary of Electrolux"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Electrolux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive Salary, Good 401K contribution/vacation policy. Some of the people very helpful and want to help you develop.

Cons

Politics. Processes and systems are not great. Culture is changing for the worst and the advantages that were previously offered are no longer being offered.

5. "IT Operations Manager North America"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Electrolux full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, People are dedicated and engaged

Cons

Work Life can be hard to balance, Limited opportunities

6. "Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Electrolux (Less than a year)

Pros

People are pleasant to work with.

Cons

Management is fragmented and self-serving.

Advice to Management

Stop making decisions based on your bonuses.

7. "System Integrator Leader"

Current Employee - Systems Integrator Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Integrator Leader in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Electrolux full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic Company, always providing opportunities for employee improve

Cons

Missing formal process and process tool are a little old (same from the 80's)

Advice to Management

Invest on process tool and defining better the process, checking what are the best available in the market.

"Electrolux in Springfield, TN is good for paychecks, but not much else"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Springfield, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Springfield, TN

I have been working at Electrolux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, opportunity to job bid anywhere in the plant, create lasting relationships, gains work experience, insurance package, plenty of overtime opportunities (mandatory and voluntary),

Cons

Worst leadership I've experienced, poor organization of...well everything, obscenely hot in summer, wildly freezing in winter, blind-leading-the-blind type of workplace, recognition of good work is nonexistent, poor problem-solving skills, unsafe environment, terrible priorities, no pride in company from most workers (even leadership), have to reserve 80 hrs of vacation for shutdowns, no enforcement of policies, general lack of positive attitude and respect from people, and the dog food plant next door robs you of fresh air just when you need a breather from all of the back stabbing politics here. And last, but not least, you are taken advantage of when leaders learn of your valued skill sets because even though they have good pay, they still rob you of what you've earned and deserve by low-balling you offers for positions you've already been doing, but giving you no choice but to accept its poor terms because of your desperation to seek some type of monetary gain from the hard work you've put out-- all just to feel like your work is finally valued here.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to change the management. Except even if that scenario were to play itself out, I don't imagine the plant improving in-house operations and relations because of the hundreds of washed-out employees that cycle back through the doors 6 months after they were previously fired and eventually making their way up to a leadership position when its time to "clean out" the other poor leaders. Best bet for improvement is to shut the plant down and move it to another geographical location proven to produce highly motivated people with moral character--a trait rarely found in this Springfield, TN plant.

"Lack's direction, personal attention and morals. Turn over extravaganza."

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Springfield, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Springfield, TN

I worked at Electrolux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary & Benefits. Pay was good.

Cons

No team atmosphere. Poor Management from projects at personal level to corporate level. Can't execute. Too stagnate in the minutia. Management essentially doesn't manage they just fill positions and point fingers can't see they are the problem. Don't know how to allow employees to do their best. They don't get to know their employees and how they work, what makes them tick and how to utilize them for the abilities they do have. Training is non existent.

Advice to Management

Stop and review what you are doing. Clear roadblocks for your people. Break projects into manageable pieces. Work on making a team. Get training or leave so that you can make the place a better place to work.

"Good and not so good."

I worked at Electrolux full-time

Pros

A lot of genuinely friendly people in a company who's mission is to make household tasks faster to free up time to do other things, more enjoyable with as little as possible negative impact on the environment.

Cons

Lack of proactive and bold vision for company. Too many silo's between departments. Not enough "walk the talk".