KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 15, 2021

4.1
Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson
Andrew Wilson
Pros
  • "Friendly and welcoming work environment(in 186 reviews)

• "Very good company and work life balance(in 147 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours particularly near release(in 96 reviews)

• "Work-life balance can be a challenge(in 94 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Electronic Arts and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

May 11, 2021 - User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and culture. lots of opportunity to attend events and learn

Cons

slow moving. extremely corporate. lots of reorgs

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

There's High Turnover for a Reason

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Generally a hard working team. -Some really talented folks who have a passion to do something different. -Supportive of current WFH challenges (ex. people needing time off, people needing to go offline for mental breaks, etc.). -Responsive and helpful people operations team.

Cons

-Leadership is often too far removed from the realities of the work to fully comprehend timelines, implications, and challenges. Key decisions are often made in silos and with not enough information. -Churn and burn approach to pretty much everything, very little room to do something interesting or unique or adventurous. -Roles and responsibilities are often a mess, with people not often clear or aligned on what they should vs. shouldn’t be doing. -Too many cooks in the kitchen, to the point where it stifles doing anything remotely differentiated in the market. -Highly financially driven, with often knee jerk reactions to numbers. -Marketing is not empowered to take chances and risks to make a real impact with consumers, they consistently default to the true, tired, and uninspiring. -Not the most competitive pay.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits but little autonomy depending on organization

Jan 4, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer I in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good pay and benefits, comparable to Microsoft, Amazon, etc. - Top leadership treats employees as humans (e.g. their response to the pandemic has been great throughout so far) - Variety of opportunities: lots of studios, and many central tech teams - Pretty good work/life balance (can't speak for studios though)

Cons

I only have experience in one of their central technology organizations, so this may be different in other organizations, and is likely not representative of the many studios as they can be rather autonomous. My organization is extremely top-down when it comes to planning and execution. Even as a senior, I have little autonomy within my team. Things are decided behind closed doors by managers, and I'm just handed down projects thought up by someone else, often with no chance to give input on feasibility and deadlines. They pay lip service to "you can shape your career according to your interests," but it only applies when your interests are aligned with management's interests in a very specific way. I've stated preferences in terms of what's ahead of us in our team, and almost invariably I am always assigned work I said I was not interested in. It's very hard to take initiative to improve things, unless you do it on your own time. Even then, you might get asked why were doing that, and not working on the projects assigned to you. If you try to do things via the official route, leadership will pretend to share your concerns and put your ideas in a backlog that's never addressed.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, but slow career growth

May 13, 2021 - Lead Product Manager in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership team genuinely cares about employees. - Good work life balance - Lots of autonomy in senior roles

Cons

- Career growth is slow as the company growth and employee turnover rates are both low - Pay is generally lower than other companies in the SF Bay Area for the same role

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It takes leaving for you to understand how backwards it was.

Mar 1, 2021 - Project Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits Progressive Ethics towards Equality and Culture Free games Fitness Reimbursement plans Responsibility during Covid

Cons

Pay is strangely low. I compared my salary to the industry standard and literally laughed. 24-28% lower. How? The Customer Service side of EA is a mess. Goals and gears are shifted so often that teams run right smack into each other. There are lay-offs every few months, so the good people that know what's going on disappear. New people join and are amped to change things, but have no clue how to work the old systems collecting dust. Engineers of internal tools vanish, leaving current Tool Admins and IT absolutely baffled. Lots of hot potato situations. It's a giant duct taped tower just waiting to fall over and be outsourced. I cannot speak for the game designers. I'm sure they have more structure and support. I didn't realize how absurd it was until I left.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 30, 2021 - Data Scientist in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleague are so professional and nice.

Cons

Company is too big to get in touch with various tasks

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall good

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Different organizations work as partners. Have well built and promising roadmap. Have Christmas week off as a tradition of the industry.

Cons

No free lunch/dinner like new tech companies.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture, exciting work, smartest people

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Manager Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting and fun culture and work environment. Strong focus on D&I in their workforce and their games. Not afraid to do what's right and not afraid to admit when they got something wrong.

Cons

It's a big ship and doesn't move as fast as necessary to evolve with the business. A lot of time is spent on creating and polishing decks that will be presented once to an internal audience.

9. 5.0

Marketing

Apr 24, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and handling of employee issues during the pandemic.

Cons

Big company politics are in play often.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Not Sharing in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool atmosphere Fun to work on exciting products

Cons

High level of Politics throughout organization

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,248 Reviews