Electronic Data Systems Reviews in Camp Hill, PA | Glassdoor

Camp Hill, PA

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Meg Whitman,

Pros
  • Gained good experience and exposure; met good people; development (in 22 reviews)

• Many opportunities to work with new technologies, and to move around within the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and lack of strong sales (in 25 reviews)

• Got to be ready to work hard and long hours (in 14 reviews)

1. "Good opportunity if nothing else is available."

Former Employee - Information Analyst in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Information Analyst in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

You get exposure to a large organization, large management hierarchy, and corporate bureaucracy . There are many, frequent reorganizations. You learn how to be flexible. There are some very good people working there, and many very mediocre people working there.

Cons

The same as the best reasons. Never a dull moment. Your history and experience prior to joining EDS mean nothing, you have to re-prove everything. Very political. Advancement based on who is pulling strings for you.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting costs on the backs of your employees, that which you call your greatest asset.

2. "Get it together EDS!!"

Current Employee - IT Systems Technician in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - IT Systems Technician in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

The people can be quite fun to work with when we are not being overworked.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, never aware of goals or what we are to working towards. Long term, short term, ther is never a drive to work towards any goals. Management has no idea what is going on. Things change so quickly, and our tools never work. Every day something is always broken.

Advice to Management

Learn to hire seasoned managers, who understand how to work a team captain/leader. My boss is younger than I am and has no clue what he is doing. Learn to reward your employees. No one gives a rats ass there now, because all you do is pump more work out us daily. Stop the pay cuts. Your comany does well so what do you do, lower everyone's pay. Way to go. If the economy did not suck so bad, I'd a left a year ago.

"EDS Now... HP later?"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Supervisor in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Supervisor in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

It's a nice building, and the people are wonderful. The employees care about doing a good job, and the team mentality is strong. There is a strong feeling of camaraderie . The Cafeteria is wonderful and serves traditional and healthy meals.
    The equipment provided on my account is excellent, and modern. The admin person does an exceptional job at making sure our needs are met. The site is convenient and easy to get to, there is ample parking, and public transportation riuns nearby. Overall I like it here, and the atmosphere is healthy. My management is very conscious of the family needs and provides time to take care of business that arises.

Cons

Senior management has no clue as to the needs of the employees on the front line. They make cuts without considering the impact. To often they are interested in lining their own pockets rather than what is good for the people and the company.. The stock options are disheartemning. We see senior management walk away from this sale to HP with pockets bulging, while those of us who bust our tails to deliver quality services have to wonder when the axe will fall. EDS has no sense of loyalty, and I have seen people with 18 years with the company walked out without any regard for their dignity.

Advice to Management

Come down and spend some time with us at the front ;lines. Listen and be responsive.

4. "EDS an OK place to work"

Current Employee - Information Specialist in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

If you happen to be at the right place at the right time..there are opportunities to learn new skills. My current manager is good at handing out recognition and feedback, however, I've had managers in the past who would never praise a job well done.

Cons

Communication is lacking between upper management and the employees. EDS seems to have issues with telecommuting in a time when that seems to be the norm at other companies. There have also been times when my manager has not been very understanding about work/life balancing issues.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep the lines of communication open between management and the employees.

5. "EDS - Every Day Sucks"

Current Employee - Consultant in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

Get time off when needed for personal reasons. Ok, vacation time. Lots of very good workers still with the company.

Cons

No respect toward employees. No worthwhile training available. Senior management is only interested in making huge dollars; don't care what happens to the company, clients or investors. Benefits suck. More and more jobs being moved off shore. The bean counters run this company. Cannot even get office supplies anymore. Now that a merger with HP is in the works EDS is looking for anyway to cut cost to make sure the execs get their big payday. Remote management does what it can but for the most part they do not have any authority.

Advice to Management

Start treating the people that really do the work with some respect and start paying fairly. Stop exporting jobs off shore; you are killing this company. The BOD should be separated from the executives.