Electronic Data Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Electronic Data Systems Reviews

Updated October 1, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Gained good experience and exposure; met good people; development (in 22 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great employee culture."

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Lansing, MI

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the people I worked with, from upper management to the many customer service reps were very pleasant and fostered a positive and friendly environment to work in. It was enjoyable developing friendships and feeling like a part of the team. Everyone was on board with the team mentality and everyone was open to helping each other out when needed and generally, communication was great.

Even though this is a large company, I really felt like people and mgmt cared and they were apt in developing a community in and outside of the workplace, which made it very enjoyable and comfortable.

Cons

Given it was a help desk center, many furloughs and layoffs were happening around that time, as well as a freeze in bonuses & raises. Fortunately, my job was exempt from these insecurities but of course, there was only so much mgmt could actually do to address concerns regarding simple scheduling and difficulties with workload because of short staffing. Many many layers up the ladder existed so decision making could be limited.

I had negotiated that I would only work specific shifts upon hire, which they easily promised me but because of eventual short staffing and inability to hire qualified prospects within reasonable time frames, I was forced to work 3rd shifts for several months which heavily impeded on my life and work-life balance. This was eventually the reason I chose to leave.

Advice to Management

Please keep continuing to be great to your employees and fostering an enjoyable community. I had no qualms with direct management at that time.

2. "Good Company to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Boston, MA

Pros

Flexible hours. WFH option. Good management

Cons

Loads of work. Endless deliverable s. No recognition to lower employees.

Advice to Management

Ne

3. "Subject Matter expert / Business analst"

Former Employee - Hen in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Hen in Miramar, FL

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with highly qualified professionals and contribute significantly. Worked in the development of crucial airline applications that are helping the airline to use computer. systems efficiently.

Cons

The development center was not in the company headquarter and hence there was no growth opportunity. .

Advice to Management

The company should provide equal opportunity to employees who are working at places other than headquarter. Please provide opportunities to employees. Do not make false promises and senior management should be told to groom talent and not not just take care of buddies.

4. "Layoff whole sap technical"

Pros

Worked with GEMS and then later got bought out by EDS, worked on several projects and internal projects. Part of a development team and integrated supply chain management and was successful in go live

Cons

Lay of whole technical team in SAP side and even quality side. They recruited more fresh graduates and experienced SAP professionals. The work atmosphere was not as laid back, there was lot of pressure trying to meet deadlines and milestones to achieve a successful go live implementation

Advice to Management

Management was all indians from the GEMS side and they didnt have good experience with dealing with close knit clients. I advice them to hire better mgt.

5. "INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

Good benefits, pension, room for advancement. Lots of opportunities for formal and informal training.

Cons

Bought out by HP, many of the good people were cut, accounts left

6. "Business Analyst"

Pros

Not many. I liked my co-workers.

Cons

They micro manage all that you do, they are rigid and not flexible about your work-life balance, they scheduled poorly for their 24x7 call center and you had no life. If you were promoted, you had to work one year in that position before you were paid your new salary.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and listen to your employees.

7. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Great place to work with great support for employees. You work hard, but are adequately compensated.

Cons

Work hours are too long.

8. "Good place to work."

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good benefits and flexible work hours. Wonderful adoption assistance program.

Cons

Very large company. Difficult to navigate certain processes.

9. "Good Place to start"

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment. I was unfortunate that I had to leave the company due to unforeseen personal issues.

Cons

Schedule changed monthly and had a rotating weekend skeleton crew for grave shifts which can be automated

Advice to Management

Would have like more communication between management and team about upcoming projects and what to expect due to special events

10. "Good"

Pros

Good work life balance
    Good co workers

Cons

Too many processes
    Lot of middle management