Electronic Transaction Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Keith Rayborn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are really good, you are challenged well and rewarded well (good pay) (in 5 reviews)

• extra income, easy work, do your job and all goes smoothly (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to bill regular hours but has to work long hours (in 6 reviews)

• no raises for years, most of the time you have to work during weekends because of multiple outages occur at the same time (in 6 reviews)

1. "Image Viewer"

I have been working at Electronic Transaction Consultants part-time

Pros

It is a good opportunity for those who want a second job. No weekends.

Cons

There is almost no chance of career advancement ( cuz of the nature of the job). Compensation is not attractive.

Advice to Management

Management and team leaders are very good so far.

Apr 3, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

We appreciate and value your feedback. Thank you!

2. "Program Manager"

I worked at Electronic Transaction Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not really any pros to working for this company

Cons

Hostile environment. Poor leadership

"Don't even think about it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Electronic Transaction Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and the leads were helpful

Cons

Secretive management that lives at the corner of paranoid and mentally ill. There is a constant atmosphere of secrecy and plotting. If WSDOT had any idea of the level of incompetency in charge they would be shocked. I never received any additional training or feedback from my Supervisor. How can someone improve if they don't know what they're doing wrong?

Advice to Management

If you're going to bring in Senior Management that should be institutionalized, warn the employees first. The CSRs by and large do a great job and deserve more.

"Data Entry"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk

I worked at Electronic Transaction Consultants part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable work, and relatively easy once you get used to it.

Cons

Micro-management, constantly making rules that are for the most part unnecessary. Don't abide by their words when writing people up. No excused absences even if you are in the ER. Also pay on the low end of the scale for data entry.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, the results matter more than the process. Also need to fix your attendance policy.

"Are far as this company is concerned, you are meat for the grinder."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Electronic Transaction Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are amazing, and we do our best to look out for one another, after all, that's what one does when the company higher ups care not a whit for you and yours.

Use this company. Use them for every dime they can give you. This company is almost great if you just need a little income until you find something better, so use them for that, and when you find something better, the only reason you should give a two weeks notice is because your supervisor is actually kinda cool and it's a favor to them. They'll squeeze you to your last drop, so turn around and do them the same.

Cons

The utter apathy of the company toward their employees. I've not seen turnover rates like this since I worked in fast food. One guy, a hard worker and employee of the month who required, upon his departure, four people to learn all the stuff he took care of, was fired after giving his three weeks notice (he was going to help train the people taking over for him), for something that would have only gotten a slap on the wrist normally, so the company could save a few dollars on some health insurance payout. A supervisor quit in protest, both of these hard workers haven't been replaced, but their workload was tossed onto the backs of others who already had enough on their plate. So know this, if you work for ETCC, you are nothing but meat for the grinder, cogs for the machine. Especially if you work in the Seattle branch.

No real advancement opportunities, best you might find yourself if you start as a grunt is a lead or a trainer, maybe a supervisor.

Run away if you're a contractor, and don't ever expect them to bring you on as a full time employee, no matter how well you do, honestly, you'd do better in fast food or retail.

The disconnection between management and the departments is abysmal. The right hand never seems to know what the left had has to deal with, even when the left hand writes the right a detailed treatise. Imagine you're someone who builds playgrounds for schools, and someone who has no clue about what is involved with building playgrounds for schools, comes and tells you to build three play grounds for three schools in under an hour. That is about how aware the people higher up on the totem pole are of what happens below them. Sorry Scotty, but miracles like that don't happen in real life, you just don't have the power.

Advice to Management

I don't know, grow a heart? Realize the people working under you are people and not numbers? Check and see what sort of workload a department has to deal with before you make an uneducated demand on some nonsensical policy and add more work to a backed up team? Personally, if the company falls and goes bankrupt, I'll throw a party, their grunts can do better and the higher ups should feel ashamed.

Apr 3, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department.

6. "Good"

I have been working at Electronic Transaction Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, helpful Team Leads and Supervisors

Cons

Long hours sometimes but ok

Feb 6, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback.

7. "great company to work"

Pros

Good compensation, Lots of things to learn

Cons

Sometimes you might have to work Long hours

Feb 6, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

8. "Team Lead"

I worked at Electronic Transaction Consultants full-time

Pros

I led a great team of hard working people.

Cons

Data entry employees are treated like slave labor.

Advice to Management

Value and invest in your employees. It will reduce the massive turnover and benefit your profits in the end.

Feb 6, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

We appreciate the honest feedback. I have shared this with our team so we can improve in the future.

"On care for bottom line"

Former Employee - Payment Processor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Payment Processor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Electronic Transaction Consultants (More than 3 years)

Pros

Does have some down time to breathe

Cons

If you do not fit their " circle of friends" you will feel like an outsider and will not get to advance as you should. Unsatisfactory termination practices, sometimes you just can not control other people.

Advice to Management

Any kind of paperwork to explain a current, past or potential leave sould be accepted even if you want offical paper in the process.

10. "developer"

Former Employee - Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Developer in Richardson, TX

Pros

fast paced, good opportunity to grow in career

Cons

leave policy is not good.

Feb 6, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback.