Elegran Real Estate Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good small business"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Elegran Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Happy to have worked there. Friendly people, hard work ethic all around

Cons

None really. I like it there. I had to move for family reasons

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I left for a different job so no complaint

2. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Elegran Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom and flexibility in working.

Cons

Too much of the workforce is interns.

3. "Family Dynamic Breathes Fresh Air in this Cut-Throat Industry"

Current Employee - Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in New York, NY

I have been working at Elegran Real Estate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Elegran is an incredible family of colleagues all supporting one another. A true gem in this fast-paced, "cut-throat" industry. The sales floor is dynamic and full of helpful information. Senior sellers are eager to have you join them in their showings and represent the brand at open house sales galleries/previews etc. The training was very comprehensive and a fantastic first introduction into luxury Manhattan real estate.

Cons

So much to do with so little time!

Advice to Management

Keep on creating the happy and successful environment you do for us salespeople. Much appreciated!

"A beautiful internship experience!"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Interesting and rewarding training during the internship, pleasant and welcoming team, great working atmosphere. A good company to learn about luxury real estate thanks to all dynamic agents and managers. Marketing support is amazing and really useful! Great firm and great people.

Cons

Open space - can be noisy at some moments during the day.

Advice to Management

Keep conviviality and good atmosphere in the company, it is pleasant every morning to come to work!

5. "A Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Rental and Sales Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Rental and Sales Agent in New York, NY

Pros

Having a career that makes you excited to get out of bed everyday is a rarity, even more so when you enjoy the company of others around you.

Work, just as in life, is not without it's growing pains. One of the benefits of working with Elegran is the overwhelming support you receive coming into the business as a new agent.

There is always someone to call for advice, day or night and the training is first class.

Cons

It can sometimes be hard to concentrate with so much going on around you, but it's much better than having a dull work environment!

Advice to Management

Continue the discussion on modernizing the cubicles.

6. "Elegran Real Estate - Company Recommendation"

Current Employee - Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Elegran Real Estate (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team camaraderie, boutique family-like firm, professional yet lively office energy, excellent training, robust technology, full operational & marketing support, strong management and strategic vision, fast-track career growth opportunities

Cons

Like any real estate company, us independent contracts are dependent on sales and on our own for health benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, love where our technology and company vision is headed.

7. "intern"

Pros

excellent, positive experience. gave interns a lot of responsibility and always willing to teach

Cons

not really any cons.. liked the entire experience

8. "Decent Place"

I worked at Elegran Real Estate full-time

Pros

Nice office, free coffee, solid group of people, excellent location in terms of transportation. Also, leads are provided, which is nice...especially in real estate.

Cons

Not a lot of organization...very much a "bro" atmosphere. The company split is way too high, even for the leads they provide but especially when one brings in their own people. Minimum 50% of your commission goes to them, but for many sales, that number could be 60%. Also, most of the industry has never heard of them, and often confuses them with Elliman. Wouldn't recommend, but also wouldn't say to stay away!

Advice to Management

Mainly, keep doing what you're doing...solid management. Maybe reduce the amount of commission you take from folks...be less bro-like, too.

"Great place to work as an intern."

Former Employee - Web Development Intern
    Former Employee - Web Development Intern

Pros

I had a great experience working at Elegran. I learn a ton, it was a terrific opportunity, and I attribute where I am today in large part to them.

Cons

There is no core development team, as makes sense for a real estate company. However, don't that turn you away from the opportunity. The ability to work with their part-time developers and the product makes it all the worthwhile.

Advice to Management

None, I was managed well. Perhaps try to keep more of a relationship with current interns, so that when they move on, out of good-will they would be more than happy to mentor current interns.

10. "Real Estate Internship"

Former Employee - Real Estate Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Real Estate Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Great atmosphere. Whilst working at Elegran you will have amazing colleagues who will be happy to help you whenever you want. Interns are welcomed greatly, and once you have to leave the company you will surely miss everybody!
    Colleagues are open to answer any questions, as long as you let them see you want to learn something. Conversations are always great, not only business wise but also on a personal level.

Cons

There aren't that much opportunities for a 3-month internship because it's just not enough time to actually matter in the business of the company. I'm sure this is a general problem for short term internships though...

Advice to Management

Don't hire too many interns because there isn't always too much work to do. Furthermore, keep the atmosphere as it is, it truly is a young and vibrant company which is a pleasure to work at!