Element Fleet Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Kristi Webb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has went through some challenges but they make sure to keep the employees informed and SLT are available with answers. They have great events and focus on employee morale. Focused, efficient, aligned,responsive and determined.

Cons

Integration did not go as smooth as they would have liked but it is over and they are focusing on the clean up.

2. "A place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sparks, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sparks, MD

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company promotes from within. Managers are looking for bright creative people that have vision to move the company forward.

Cons

Not really a con as I see it but…… as integration closed and systems begin to function independently; opportunities are plentiful. Improvement is a daily occurrence.

Advice to Management

Keep making the hard decisions to move forward, don't settle and Element will be the trend setter not a follower.

"Was Great Before Merging with Element"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work from home.

Cons

Contrary to other reviews, GE culture does not dominate. Nothing remains of what was once a wonderful place to work. Experience, tenure and performance are no longer valued or appreciated. Neither is going above and beyond for your team. They have been replaced by favoring the Yes Men and the underperforming That know how to suck up to keep their job. Management cannot be trusted. The “new” systems put in place are inadequate for what is needed to do the job efficiently and effectively. People dread coming to work and, for some, the environment and stress is actually making them sick. Benefits are not great and whatever you do, don’t get sick.

Advice to Management

A degree does not mean a person is management material. A manager needs to actually know how to do the job they are hired for and needs to know how to advocate for their team instead of constantly abandoning them .

"Culture enhancing..."

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work being done to enhance the culture after acquiring and integrating two large and competing businesses - from employee survey to employee networks and volunteerism.

Cons

Integration taking too long and some processes too manual. This is causing employee and customer frustrations.

Advice to Management

Focus on core deliverables and enhance the employee experience/processes as this will yield a better customer experience.

5. "TOO Funny"

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time

Pros

ME, and five more words.

Cons

Glass door is giving people a place for the two locations to spew their dislike.. making for an even worse enviornment

Advice to Management

keep your head above water, and things will work out!

"Potential to be a great company, but..."

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time

Pros

Middle management and workers are great to work with, and hard working for the most part.

Cons

A poorly executed merger has led to systems degradation for most customers. Customer service levels have declined as a result, leaving frustrated customers and therefore, demoralized employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate more, communicate truths, not pie-in-the-sky. Get in front of customers more.

"Same Old"

I worked at Element Fleet Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On Site cafeteria for employees.

Cons

Middle managers are clueless. Poor interdepartmental communications.

Advice to Management

Learn more about mental illness.

"Don't get hurt"

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time

Pros

Cafeteria is the only thing

Cons

I got hurt on the job and it's been nothing but hell. Handicap bathroom always in use, handicap door broke, blocked parking for military vehicles, manager attitude has changed, met with hr over absences that are Dr ordered and put on a performance plan. I retained a lawyer.

Advice to Management

Get a clue

"Truly Sad to See What Has Happened to a Company I Loved"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, MD

I worked at Element Fleet Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many long-tenured employees trying their best to keep the ship afloat.

Cons

Things have fallen into utter chaos after a terribly botched merger with GE Fleet. We are hemorrhaging clients, or having to offer steep discounts to retain them. The management team is clueless, and to make matters worse, there is no communication, or employees are told outright lies. People dread going to work each day, knowing what they'll be facing. Stress levels are through the roof. I always imagined I would work there until I retired. I hung in there through several other rough patches over the years, but this latest was just too much. Had to leave to save my health and sanity.

Advice to Management

Spruce up that contract language in your golden parachute; you're going to need it.

"Element Fleet"

I have been working at Element Fleet Management full-time

Pros

Concerted effort by Management Team to increase engagement and employee satisfaction. Love the management within the Commercial Team

Cons

Back office admin functions can be over worked causing operational delays. Integration with GE Fleet didn't go as smoothly as expected.

Advice to Management

Increase the focus and investment into operational excellence, this will improve both employee and customer satisfaction